PDA

View Full Version : Mexico hit with 5% tariffs due to illegals

jimnyc
05-31-2019, 11:24 AM
Excellent. They not only haven't done anything to stem the flow from their side, but they actually help folks get through their entire country so that they can come through our border. Fine. Not much we can do about that - but we can put their fingers to the fire via $$$ and see if that ultimately changes their minds, of which I think it will do.

---

President Trump Hits Mexico With 5% Tariffs Over Record Illegal Immigrants at US Southern Border

President Trump on Thursday evening announced that a 5% tariff will be imposed on all Mexican imports beginning June 10th and will gradually increase until the illegal immigration stops.

TRUMP: “On June 10th, the United States will impose a 5% Tariff on all goods coming into our Country from Mexico, until such time as illegal migrants coming through Mexico, and into our Country, STOP. The Tariff will gradually increase until the Illegal Immigration problem is remedied at which time the Tariffs will be removed. Details from the White House to follow.”

https://i.imgur.com/9f1eWEf.png

Record number of illegal aliens are flooding over the US-Mexico border with no relief in sight.

Over 100,000 illegal aliens are entering the US every month making bogus asylum claims only to be released into US communities.

Earlier Thursday President Trump tweeted a shocking video of illegal aliens crossing the border in El Paso in the middle of the night.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/05/breaking-president-trump-hits-mexico-with-tariffs-over-illegal-immigration/

Gunny
05-31-2019, 06:35 PM
Sounds great. The next Dem President is going to screw over anything Trump does so it's a temporary measure. Even if he does manage to get a wall built, they'll just fling open the gates.

My idea of fixing the government doesn't include the Democratic Party.

icansayit
05-31-2019, 07:51 PM
The President has promised...."If Mexico doesn't help with the illegal problems....I will raise the tarriffs to 25%. And, if that doesn't work, we can go higher!"

SCREW THE WHINERS, COMPLAINERS, AND TRUMP HATERS WITH ALL OF THE OBSTRUCTIONIST DEMOCRATS.

GIVE EM' HELL PRESIDENT TRUMP!

https://stonecoldtruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/give-em.jpg

Mr. P
05-31-2019, 09:52 PM
5%? That's like pissing on a forest fire to put it out! I'd go 25% to start. Mexico needs some shock and awe! IMO:salute:

Drummond
06-01-2019, 04:50 PM
5%? That's like pissing on a forest fire to put it out! I'd go 25% to start. Mexico needs some shock and awe! IMO:salute:

I agree.

I wonder why so much time has passed before Trump instituted this tariff idea ? Regardless .. he's doing the right thing, I believe. Either Mexico itself cracks down, or, tariff charges can help build the wall that's long since been promised.

5% looks almost derisorily low. I agree with 'Mr P'. 25%, or maybe more ... maybe incremental increases, the progress of them proportional to Mexico's willingness to act.

Noir
06-02-2019, 03:37 AM
What are America’s main Mexican imports?

CSM
06-02-2019, 05:21 AM

Illegal immigrants

Kathianne
06-02-2019, 07:43 AM
Agricultural.

Noir
06-02-2019, 08:11 AM
Agricultural.

So the impact of the increased costs should be expected at the grocery shop level.

Kathianne
06-02-2019, 09:33 AM
So the impact of the increased costs should be expected at the grocery shop level.
Indeed. Either Mexico will cave or the economy will take a hit by fall.

I’m guessing this will either grantee his winning or there will be a chance for the Democrats.

jimnyc
06-02-2019, 09:39 AM

If the return is less illegals coming across - then I would imagine that most Americans would proudly pay more. I would pay quadruple and be thrilled about it - if I know it was lessening the amount of illegals coming across our border - or that the money will eventually be used for more border walls/enhancements/security.

I notice you concentrate on something like this costing a little more, and no comment on the billions this could potentially save us? I think our border security at this point trumps all costs at stores. 'Most' Americans are very concerned about our borders and the illegals.

Noir
06-02-2019, 10:21 AM
If the return is less illegals coming across - then I would imagine that most Americans would proudly pay more. I would pay quadruple and be thrilled about it - if I know it was lessening the amount of illegals coming across our border - or that the money will eventually be used for more border walls/enhancements/security.

I notice you concentrate on something like this costing a little more, and no comment on the billions this could potentially save us? I think our border security at this point trumps all costs at stores. 'Most' Americans are very concerned about our borders and the illegals.

You may be lucky enough to be able to pay quadruple for your grocery bill, but for those in poverty - not so much.

jimnyc
06-02-2019, 10:25 AM
You may be lucky enough to be able to pay quadruple for your grocery bill, but for those in poverty - not so much.

I can't imagine it being long anyway. While a battle may initially grow, I don't think Mexico can afford a "war" with us.

Look at our unbearable welfare stats in the USA - anyone in poverty is likely collecting extras of some sort, as if you're in the poverty level you will easily qualify. And THEN, all your veggies will be paid for, whether $3 or $6. And the folks able to afford it, like I said, and like myself, I will gladly pay a little more in order to make our country that much better.

jimnyc
06-02-2019, 10:27 AM
Noir - why do you ignore the other aspect of this and immediately go to what little harm can potentially be done via veggies? You outright ignore the benefits and concentrate solely on a potential negative. Peanuts on veggies while ignoring the billions.

Drummond
06-02-2019, 01:28 PM

Can Americans make choices as to what groceries they pay for, Noir ? Or do you contend that Mexico's produce swamps all the shelves ?

Kathianne
06-02-2019, 01:34 PM
Can Americans make choices as to what groceries they pay for, Noir ? Or do you contend that Mexico's produce swamps all the shelves ?

Pretty sure that we don't have tons of US grown lettuce, tomatoes, and many others in the winter. What's 'on sale' is nearly always from Mexico or Chile which is what many buy for fruits/veggies-only what's on sale.

5% might not be much; but goes up to 10% in July and increasing until 25%. Now if this keeps going, the economy will suffer without a doubt. Likely Mexico will cave or Trump will say something like, "Mexico is doing a great job in response to out concerns, tariff removed."

If he were to keep what he's promised and Mexico doesn't cave, folks will be very upset a grocery and with job losses. While the hope is that Mexico will react the way that is wanted, they may instead retaliate wherever and however they can.

Drummond
06-02-2019, 04:19 PM
Pretty sure that we don't have tons of US grown lettuce, tomatoes, and many others in the winter. What's 'on sale' is nearly always from Mexico or Chile which is what many buy for fruits/veggies-only what's on sale.

5% might not be much; but goes up to 10% in July and increasing until 25%. Now if this keeps going, the economy will suffer without a doubt. Likely Mexico will cave or Trump will say something like, "Mexico is doing a great job in response to out concerns, tariff removed."

If he were to keep what he's promised and Mexico doesn't cave, folks will be very upset a grocery and with job losses. While the hope is that Mexico will react the way that is wanted, they may instead retaliate wherever and however they can.

Whether or not your concern about Mexico's retaliation is valid, that doesn't alter the need to do something. I think Trump's tariff approach is a good one, especially if it's phased, as you say. It gives Mexico ample opportunity to reflect on their problem, and, if they so choose, act in a timely and even dignified manner ... before things get too bad for them.

A great deal of time has already elapsed, with Mexico just sitting on its hands throughout. A wake-up call was required. Trump's action is, if anything, overdue. I hope he achieves the desired effect.

jimnyc
06-02-2019, 04:52 PM
Whether or not your concern about Mexico's retaliation is valid, that doesn't alter the need to do something. I think Trump's tariff approach is a good one, especially if it's phased, as you say. It gives Mexico ample opportunity to reflect on their problem, and, if they so choose, act in a timely and even dignified manner ... before things get too bad for them.

A great deal of time has already elapsed, with Mexico just sitting on its hands throughout. A wake-up call was required. Trump's action is, if anything, overdue. I hope he achieves the desired effect.

Let's not forget - in addition to potentially bringing in billions of dollars in return if Mexico chooses to fight or do nothing to help with the immigrant issue, of which we KNOW that they even helped them at times. That needs to stop, and they should be assisting in the issue.

So you may have money in one manner, or things can be worked out, and we likely save billions in the illegals not making it here. The costs prior to this were like $125 billion per year. That's only going to go up, skyrocket up, and continue along with the increase in illegals. The left will complain about various costs pertaining to building/enhancing things at the border but are silent when it comes to these ever-increasing costs. While some veggies or whatever may increase in price - the actual issues should be more important right now. It wouldn't and shouldn't make sense to continue as-is status quo with illegals invading just so that we prevent the rising costs of some things coming from Mexico.

But like you said - something has to be done. SO many things need to be done that are being stalled or dismissed.

pete311
06-02-2019, 05:05 PM
Why are mexicans coming illegally? Because their country has less opportunities. So, let's damage their economy more and make it worse. Won't that make more desperate mexicans while taxing americans. Ya'll like Trump didn't think this one through.

jimnyc
06-02-2019, 05:12 PM
Why are mexicans coming illegally? Because their country has less opportunities. So, let's damage their economy more and make it worse. Won't that make more desperate mexicans while taxing americans. Ya'll like Trump didn't think this one through.

Do you know how many are coming from Central America? Any way you slice it - they are NOT asylum claims.

And didn't think it through? Trying to get their government to help put a stop to this and what not - you think that's not something a country that has poor people living there can't do? Also, we should applaud them for helping the illegals? Should they as a country ignore the problem as they mainly have?

Surely, as usual, it's YOU that haven't thought things through.

But yeah, I know, no caravans have even reached the US yet! :laugh2::laugh2:

pete311
06-02-2019, 10:08 PM
Do you know how many are coming from Central America? Any way you slice it - they are NOT asylum claims.

And didn't think it through? Trying to get their government to help put a stop to this and what not - you think that's not something a country that has poor people living there can't do? Also, we should applaud them for helping the illegals? Should they as a country ignore the problem as they mainly have?

Surely, as usual, it's YOU that haven't thought things through.

But yeah, I know, no caravans have even reached the US yet! :laugh2::laugh2:

Are canadians streaming across the border? No. Why? Because they have a stable country. The only way you solve this problem is to uplift Mexico into a stable country. Damaging them only makes their situation worse and people more desperate.

Elessar
06-03-2019, 12:21 AM

Indeed. Either Mexico will cave or the economy will take a hit by fall.

I’m guessing this will either grantee his winning or there will be a chance for the Democrats.

I can't imagine it being long anyway. While a battle may initially grow, I don't think Mexico can afford a "war" with us.

Look at our unbearable welfare stats in the USA - anyone in poverty is likely collecting extras of some sort, as if you're in the poverty level you will easily qualify. And THEN, all your veggies will be paid for, whether $3 or $6. And the folks able to afford it, like I said, and like myself, I will gladly pay a little more in order to make our country that much better.[/QUOTE]

Noir - why do you ignore the other aspect of this and immediately go to what little harm can potentially be done via veggies? You outright ignore the benefits and concentrate solely on a potential negative. Peanuts on veggies while ignoring the billions.

[QUOTE=Drummond;934191]Can Americans make choices as to what groceries they pay for, Noir ? Or do you contend that Mexico's produce swamps all the shelves ?

Noir, not living here, you are an idiot!

We sell crops overseas or out of border due to an abundance of them.
Florida, Texas, Iowa (corn), Mid-west (wheat) are just a few that trade out of border.
California, grapes, nuts, tomatoes. Cantaloupe in many states. That is just a few.
We do not need Mexico to survive.

Mexico is fueling this invasion by not stopping it on their own border.

Does that make any sense to you and your "oh poor them" attitude?

High_Plains_Drifter
06-03-2019, 09:26 AM
Actually, it's automotive... cars, parts and accessories.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/01/business/what-goods-come-from-mexico.html

Kathianne
06-03-2019, 09:31 AM
Actually, it's automotive... cars, parts and accessories.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/01/business/what-goods-come-from-mexico.html

Actually not. Look at your article again. Opening sentence. Then if still wondering, add up the monetary totals listed, then look at total monetary value exported to US. Last, figure out the difference.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-03-2019, 09:32 AM
BS. The vast majority of illegal invaders are coming from south of Mexico. 1% of the population of Venezuela has already invaded America. 1,000's a DAY are illegally crossing our southern border. It can't continue. This is not only a border crisis, but a humanitarian crisis as well. It needs to end and end fast, like yesterday, and all those set free here that don't show up for their hearings need to be rounded up and deported, period.

Mexico has a very small southern border. It wouldn't take a whole lot of effort on their part to stop the flow. Maybe they should build a wall.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-03-2019, 09:34 AM
Actually not. Look at your article again. Opening sentence. Then if still wondering, add up the monetary totals listed, then look at total monetary value exported to US. Last, figure out the difference.
OK...

It’s not just avocados.

President Trump’s threat to impose new tariffs on Mexican imports could affect prices for cars, televisions, clothing, alcohol and the fuel that Mexico regularly sends to the United States.

What am I missing? Where does it say we import more agriculture than automotive?

High_Plains_Drifter
06-03-2019, 09:37 AM
Here's another website stating cars and car parts are the #1 import from Mexico...

===========

The U.S. imported $372 billion worth of products from Mexico in 2018, more than our trade total with Canada.

"U.S. trade with Mexico is basically all about cars," said one expert, with the U.S. importing $93 billion worth of cars or car parts last year, including $22 billion worth of car engines, $5 billion in car seats and $5 billion in chassis.

Second to cars is tech equipment, including $26 billion of computers and computer parts, semiconductors and software.

Americans also imported $6.7 billion worth of vegetables and $5.3 billion of fruit and nuts from Mexico.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-does-the-us-import-from-mexico-a-whole-lot/

Kathianne
06-03-2019, 09:41 AM
OK...

What am I missing? Where does it say we import more agriculture than automotive?

I was wrong, you are right. Apology extended.

I read the following and jumped way too fast.

Mr. Trump also recently threatened to close the border entirely (https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/01/us/politics/trump-border-closing-economy.html?module=inline), jeopardizing nearly $1.7 billion in products and services that traverse it each day. Many items are made in Mexico using materials or parts first produced in the United States. And no country supplies the United States with more agricultural products.

Seems I was so off!

http://www.worldstopexports.com/mexicos-top-exports/

The following export product groups represent the highest dollar value in Mexican global shipments during 2018. Also shown is the percentage share each export category represents in terms of overall exports from Mexico.

Vehicles: US$115.5 billion (25.6% of total exports)
Electrical machinery, equipment: $81.9 billion (18.2%)
Machinery including computers: $75.4 billion (16.7%)
Mineral fuels including oil: $29.7 billion (6.6%)
Optical, technical, medical apparatus: $19 billion (4.2%)
Furniture, bedding, lighting, signs, prefab buildings: $10.6 billion (2.4%)
Plastics, plastic articles: $9.5 billion (2.1%)
Vegetables: $7.2 billion (1.6%)
Articles of iron or steel: $6.7 billion (1.5%)
Gems, precious metals: $6.7 billion (1.5%)

Mexico’s top 10 exports accounted for four-fifths (80.4%) of the overall value of its global shipments.

Mineral fuels including oil was the fastest-growing among the top 10 export categories, up 31.4% in value from 2017 to 2018. The category was boosted mainly by improved sales of Mexican crude oil.

In second place for improving export sales were items made from iron or steel which rose 14.8%.

Exported machinery including computers posted Mexico’s third-fastest gain in value up 14.4% year over year, closely trailed by vehicles shipped from Mexico with its 13.5% increase.

Noir
06-03-2019, 09:44 AM

A tariff increase only makes sense if Mexican produce is contributing significantly to American shelf space, if it’s not then the tariff would not have the kind of effect required to want to make Mexico alter their border policies.

Because these kinds of policies hit the poor first and hardest, so I think it’s worth considering them, first, and hardest.

jimnyc
06-03-2019, 09:46 AM
Because these kinds of policies hit the poor first and hardest, so I think it’s worth considering them, first, and hardest.

I'm more concerned about our overall country and billions and billions of dollars. Folks in poverty are already helped, and will continue to be helped. In the long run this will help Americans and the poor when better deals come around.

And again, why concentrate on little things like this, and not the billions in return? Why focus on a small negative and ignore the monster positive side? Well, I know why, I'm just curious how you will say it, if at all.

jimnyc
06-03-2019, 09:49 AM
A tariff increase only makes sense if Mexican produce is contributing significantly to American shelf space, if it’s not then the tariff would not have the kind of effect required to want to make Mexico alter their border policies.

Ummm, I think you need to read up and learn about our imports with Mexico and what it's all worth and why it would be beneficial to them to help and keep the tariffs low. I think you're reaching for things that you don't really know about by not living it and 'knowing it'. You're just taking a quick peer at numbers, ignoring anything positive, and jumping to find something negative out of it.

STTAB
06-03-2019, 10:59 AM

It won't get to that, Mexico will cave, hell five minutes after Trump Tweeted , they had their Foreign Minister on a plane to the US.

Why isn't the US allowed to protect their best interests?

Drummond
06-03-2019, 11:44 AM

This makes so little sense to me that I'm seriously wondering if I've fundamentally misunderstood you.

Here's how I see it: if Mexican produce -- just supposing this is true, for arguments' sake -- takes up, say, ten percent of the total choice of goods available on shelf stores, then Americans are encouraged to concentrate on buying goods not incurring that tariff. With a remaining ninety percent of goods to choose from, wouldn't this starve Mexico of revenue for goods not being bought ?

If, on the other hand .. the share was more likely to be fifty percent (which it wouldn't be, but let's say it would be ..) ... well, this'd mean that Mexico was relying on a very great quantity of its goods to be successfully traded. Therefore, any significant drop in that share would have to hit Mexico hard, especially given that Mexico is a comparatively poor country.

So you see, Noir, in EITHER scenario, Mexico gets hit hard.

With Mexico getting hit hard, then obviously they've one hell of an incentive (read 'necessity') to get their house in order ! Which makes Trump's policy a good and eminently sensible one to implement. Either Mexico plays ball, or, its trading position suffers; which is a serious outcome for a poorer nation !

STTAB
06-03-2019, 12:12 PM
This makes so little sense to me that I'm seriously wondering if I've fundamentally misunderstood you.

Here's how I see it: if Mexican produce -- just supposing this is true, for arguments' sake -- takes up, say, ten percent of the total choice of goods available on shelf stores, then Americans are encouraged to concentrate on buying goods not incurring that tariff. With a remaining ninety percent of goods to choose from, wouldn't this starve Mexico of revenue for goods not being bought ?

If, on the other hand .. the share was more likely to be fifty percent (which it wouldn't be, but let's say it would be ..) ... well, this'd mean that Mexico was relying on a very great quantity of its goods to be successfully traded. Therefore, any significant drop in that share would have to hit Mexico hard, especially given that Mexico is a comparatively poor country.

So you see, Noir, in EITHER scenario, Mexico gets hit hard.

With Mexico getting hit hard, then obviously they've one hell of an incentive (read 'necessity') to get their house in order ! Which makes Trump's policy a good and eminently sensible one to implement. Either Mexico plays ball, or, its trading position suffers; which is a serious outcome for a poorer nation !

All true, of course, except that one must consider the very basic laws of supply and demand. In the long term if 10% of let's say cookies go up in price the demand for those cookies will decrease, but the demand for the other cookies will rise, which will mean their price will rise as well.

So in the very long term , yes grocery prices overall would rise if Mexico is tarrifed at 5,10,15,20% , but of course it is short sighted to look at in this manner and assumes that Mexico won't do as they asked long before it gets there, when we all know they will. Sure, they'll posture just as China is but in the end the customer really is right and both countries need our spending

jimnyc
06-03-2019, 12:57 PM
Mulvaney Fully Expects Tariffs to Take Effect on Mexico on June 10

(CNSNews.com) - White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney says President Donald Trump is "deadly serious" about stopping the massive flow of Central Americans into the United States.

Trump last week announced that starting on June 10, the U.S. will impose a five percent tariff on all goods imported from Mexico, unless Mexico stops Central Americans from migrating north.

If the immigration crisis persists, the tariffs will be raised to 10 percent on July 1, 2019; to 15 percent on August 1; to 20 percent on September 1; and to 25 percent on Oct. 1.

"Tariffs will permanently remain at the 25 percent level unless and until Mexico substantially stops the illegal inflow of aliens coming through its territory," Trump announced.

"He's absolutely deadly serious," Mulvaney told "Fox News Sunday."

In fact, I fully expect these tariffs to go onto at least the five percent level on June 10th.

The president is deadly serious about fixing the situation at the southern border. This is not the first time I'm on your program talking about what's happening on the Mexican U.S. border. We've been talking about it for months.

Six months ago, we told everybody it was an emergency situation. Very few people believed us. In fact, I've talked with you about how the Democrats even refused to believe the facts six months ago.

So, it's real. We had a group of 1,000 people -- not in different times, one group of 1,000 people walk across the border just in the last couple of days, 2,500 people are coming over every single day as opposed to 700 just two years ago.

So, the numbers are huge. The situation is real. And the president is deadly serious about fixing the problem.

Host Chris Wallace asked Mulvaney what the Mexicans have to do to avoid the tariffs.

"They can secure their southern border, their southern border with Guatemala," Mulvaney said. "That border is only a quarter as long as the border with the United States. They could secure that border.

"They could go after their domestic terrorist organizations, their criminal organizations, who are in the business moving people across Mexico. Keep in mind, at any one time, there's 100,000 migrants in Mexico making their way up to the United States.

"And lastly, they could make Mexico a safe place for these people to claim asylum," Mulvaney said. "Ordinarily when you leave a country like El Salvador and you claim asylum, you do that in the first safe country in which you arrive. Mexico is safe, the people should be able to stay there if they're really seeking asylum."

Mulvaney said things "have to get dramatically better and they have to get better quickly."

Wallace noted that a 25-percent tariff on Mexican goods would cost American consumers an estimated $87 billion.

Mulvaney conceded that higher tariffs mean higher prices.

But he said American consumers can choose products made in the United States that don't carry tariffs.

Mulvaney also noted the "price associated with illegal immigration."

"American taxpayers are paying hundreds of billions of dollars for illegal immigrants. They're paying hundreds of billions of dollars for the drugs that come across the southern border. So, there's already a cost associated with this that we are trying to get off of the backs of ordinary Americans."

Mulvaney said the point of the tariffs is "to put pressure on Mexico to help us solve this situation. We think they can do that. They've got tremendously strong immigration laws, much stronger than ours. They have the ability to do things that we cannot.

"Congress will not help us fix our laws, so we're turning to Mexico to help us fix the situation on the border."

President Trump addressed the immigration crisis on Sunday via Twitter:

"People have been saying for years that we should talk to Mexico. The problem is that Mexico is an “abuser” of the United States, taking but never giving. It has been this way for decades. Either they stop the invasion of our Country by Drug Dealers, Cartels, Human Traffickers, Coyotes and Illegal Immigrants, which they can do very easily, or our many companies and jobs that have been foolishly allowed to move South of the Border, will be brought back into the United States through taxation (Tariffs). America has had enough!"

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/mulvaney-fully-expects-tariffs-take-effect-mexico-june-10

Drummond
06-03-2019, 01:44 PM
All true, of course, except that one must consider the very basic laws of supply and demand. In the long term if 10% of let's say cookies go up in price the demand for those cookies will decrease, but the demand for the other cookies will rise, which will mean their price will rise as well.

So in the very long term , yes grocery prices overall would rise if Mexico is tarrifed at 5,10,15,20% , but of course it is short sighted to look at in this manner and assumes that Mexico won't do as they asked long before it gets there, when we all know they will. Sure, they'll posture just as China is but in the end the customer really is right and both countries need our spending

Well, by the terms of your own description, Mexico will fall into line pretty much as soon as the tariffs begin to bite .. so, this issue becomes self-solving. We'll see tough talking to begin with, but with Trump holding his nerve - as I'm sure he will - Mexico will cave in as America requires it to.

All well and good.

jimnyc
06-06-2019, 02:56 PM
With impending tariffs, Mexico suddenly realizes they CAN do something to stop the BS. Amazing what a little nudge can do.

---

Mexico officials intercept about 1,000 migrants on highway

METAPA, Mexico (AP) — Some 200 military police, immigration agents and federal police blocked the advance of about 1,000 Central American migrants who were walking north along a southern Mexico highway on Wednesday, once again showing a tougher new stance on attempts to use the country as a stepping-stone to the U.S.

The group of migrants, including many women and children, set out early from Ciudad Hidalgo at the Mexico-Guatemala border and was headed for Tapachula, the principle city in the region. State and local police accompanied the caravan.

The officials blocked the highway near the community of Metapa, about 11 miles (18 kilometers) from Tapachula.

Unarmed agents wrestled some migrants who resisted to the ground, but the vast majority complied and boarded buses or immigration agency vans. Some migrants fainted and fell to the ground. One young man who collapsed was taken for medical attention.

Some parents sat on the pavement with their children, wept and begged authorities not to take them. Others jumped wire fences and ran into the thick forest beside the highway.

The National Immigration Institute said later that about 420 migrants had agreed to be transported to a migrant detention center in Tapachula. It said they would be processed there, and if needed authorities would assist some to return to their home countries.

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/news/1-000-migrants-cross-mexico-142828691.html

icansayit
06-06-2019, 05:24 PM
I'm more concerned about our overall country and billions and billions of dollars. Folks in poverty are already helped, and will continue to be helped. In the long run this will help Americans and the poor when better deals come around.

And again, why concentrate on little things like this, and not the billions in return? Why focus on a small negative and ignore the monster positive side? Well, I know why, I'm just curious how you will say it, if at all.

American Leftists, better known as Democrats, Liberals, and Progressives....instantly use the very same Non-reasoning....saying it will hurt the poor, and those in poverty the most. ALL while forgetting...It was by DESIGN of the Democrats in America to maintain a poverty, and poor portion of the population in order to have control over them. The Dems needed a self-made excuse to lay blame on the President...like several RINO's in Congress who have declared that TARIFFS will be a disaster.

Funny thing is. The Dems refuse to accept, or see....How the Mexican Government is Doing Exactly what TRUMP wanted...It even may go beyond the 5% Tariff level, and MEXICO may end up paying for the WALL??????

Go figure. And everybody who hates Trump is convinced he doesn't know what he is doing???

Kathianne
06-07-2019, 08:52 PM
Rescinds tariff threat, He Won! ;) Mexico stopped some folks, that is what was needed.

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/06/07/breaking-trump-cancels-mexico-tariffs-announces-signed-agreement/

LongTermGuy
06-07-2019, 09:23 PM
https://jayceescommentaries.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/crazyobama.jpg
https://i.redd.it/p7jcto0dveuz.jpg
https://i.imgflip.com/1f90dx.jpg
https://i.redd.it/u2y66v1h42d11.jpg

Elessar
06-07-2019, 09:30 PM
Rescinds tariff threat, He Won! ;) Mexico stopped some folks, that is what was needed.

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/06/07/breaking-trump-cancels-mexico-tariffs-announces-signed-agreement/

I am thinking Pres Trump is tired of screwing around on this issue, and that the liberals in
the U.S. House have been stone-walling him for months. He has tried to work with them,
and they have turned up their noses and given him a one-finger salute.

He has pulled out all of the stops.

jimnyc
06-08-2019, 05:33 AM
Yup, that's great news for all sides. I'm glad Mexico has done more, and I hope going forward that this helps. Every little bit in this issue helps.

Trump says tariffs on Mexico suspended indefinitely

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump announced late Friday that he had suspended plans to impose tariffs on Mexico, tweeting that the country "has agreed to take strong measures" to stem the flow of Central American migrants into the United States. But the deal the two neighbors agreed to falls short of some of the dramatic overhauls the U.S. had pushed for.

A "U.S.-Mexico Joint Declaration" released by the State Department said the U.S. "will immediately expand the implementation" of a program that returns asylum-seekers who cross the southern border to Mexico while their claims are adjudicated. Mexico will "offer jobs, healthcare and education" to those people, the agreement stated.

Mexico has also agreed, it said, to take "unprecedented steps to increase enforcement to curb irregular migration," including the deployment of the Mexican National Guard throughout the country, especially on its southern border with Guatemala. And Mexico is taking "decisive action to dismantle human smuggling and trafficking organizations as well as their illicit financial and transportation networks," the State Department said.

The move puts to an end — for now — a threat that had sparked dire warnings from members of Trump's own party, who warned the tariffs would damage the economy, drive up prices for consumers and imperil an updated North American trade pact. Trump's Friday night tweet marked a sharp reversal from earlier in the day, when his spokeswoman Sarah Sanders told reporters: "Our position has not changed. The tariffs are going forward as of Monday."

Rest - https://news.yahoo.com/us-mexico-negotiators-claim-progress-042529902.html