PDA

View Full Version : Should Washington D.C. become a state?

jimnyc
05-31-2019, 12:26 PM
What do you think? Yes or no, and why?

---

House to Hold Statehood Hearings for Democratic Stranglehold Washington, D.C.

You have to hand it to the Democrats, they are making the grandstanding most out of their new majority in the House:

https://i.imgur.com/3vyiE7x.png

The Hill:

The House has set a date of July 24 for a hearing on statehood for Washington, D.C., the first in 26 years.

"JUST IN: We’ve announced the first hearing on #DCstatehood (HR 51) in the House in 26 years: July 24th!" Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-D.C.) tweeted Thursday.

"This is a monumental step forward for equality and self-government for DC."

Make no mistake about this: the push for D.C. statehood is solely about quickly minting two new Senate seats for the Democrats. If there were a one in a million chance that they might elect a Republican, this conversation would never have happened.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/house-to-hold-statehood-hearings-for-democratic-stranglehold-washington-d-c/

High_Plains_Drifter
05-31-2019, 12:52 PM
I think the issue of states should be revisited, period. I think all large cities should be made their own state, and immediately. If the liberals in those cities want to remove the electoral college for total mob rule, then remove the possibility of them being able to pick the president for everyone else. Let them vote for who they want, and let rural America vote for who they want. We'll count the popular vote and that will be that. But if they don't want to become their own state, then the electoral college remains, and states must give their electoral votes to whom THEIR STATE voted for the most.

Democrats are just about the most corrupt bunch of trash I've ever seen in my life. They never stop, they have no shame, they have guilt, they have no conscience, and they will do whatever they so desire, no matter the law, no matter the constitution, no matter if it's unethical, to retain or regain power. They are out of their minds rabid. They are the trash of America and the world.

Mr. P
05-31-2019, 01:19 PM
Hell no!!!!!!

jimnyc
05-31-2019, 01:22 PM
Hell no!!!!!!

Thanked and liked, because it's good to see you here!! :salute:

High_Plains_Drifter
05-31-2019, 01:34 PM
Washington, D.C. Statehood Bill Hearing Slated For Mid-Summer

https://www.oann.com/washington-d-c-statehood-bill-hearing-slated-for-mid-summer/

STTAB
05-31-2019, 03:17 PM
Dumb shits, it would require a Constitutional Amendment to make DC a state. Democrats have just went over the bend.

Gunny
05-31-2019, 04:17 PM
Washington DC should be given complete independence from the US and cut off from all trade with and access to the US.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-31-2019, 04:50 PM
Hell no. Better to make it a foreign nation, and then we invade and conquer it. Create a vassal state out of it and give it the damn shaft like it wants to give all of us.. As it is a totally corrupt place(how could it not be with the dems infested in it), just like was Sodom and Gomorrah, IMHO..--- Tyr

High_Plains_Drifter
05-31-2019, 05:11 PM
Or have a Constitutional Article V Convention of States and just CLEAN HOUSE.

Gunny
05-31-2019, 05:41 PM
Getting rid of DC completely would be cutting off one of the hydra's heads. It's a start and would be a HUGE setback for the bad guys.

Elessar
05-31-2019, 06:05 PM
I say NO!

As I recall the history of our fledgling nation and the founders (someone help me with this),
it was their notion that no single state should be able to lay claim to housing the nation's capital.

That is how it should remain in my opinion.

Gunny
05-31-2019, 06:08 PM
I say NO!

As I recall the history of our fledgling nation and the founders (someone help me with this),
it was their notion that no single state should be able to lay claim to housing the nation's capital.

That is how it should remain in my opinion.That's actually the best explanation I have heard. Perhaps we can move it to Puerto Rico then :)?

Elessar
05-31-2019, 08:32 PM
That's actually the best explanation I have heard. Perhaps we can move it to Puerto Rico then :)?

Oh, Lord NO!:laugh:

CSM
06-01-2019, 07:04 AM
I think DC should be considered a rogue state ... one that supports terrorism, violates human rights, and opposes individual freedom