PDA

View Full Version : In danger of missing debates already

jimnyc
05-31-2019, 02:44 PM
With far too many candidates running on the left, they are putting together limitations to make it easier to have their debates and likely air them. In other words - toss aside the losers quickly. :)

---

Silver Bulletpoints: Who’s In Danger Of Missing The Third Debate?

Welcome to a special edition of Silver Bulletpoints, where today we’ll fire all three of our bulletpoints at one topic: the DNC’s decision to substantially tighten the qualifying criteria for the third presidential debate, which will take place on Sept. 12 and 13 on ABC News.

For the third debate, candidates will need to meet both a polling threshold and a fundraising threshold to qualify — previously it was just one or the other. And those thresholds have been raised from what they were before:

Instead of needing 65,000 unique donors to qualify, candidates will need 130,000.

Instead of needing to achieve 1 percent in each of three polls, candidates need to hit 2 percent in each of four polls released between June 28 and August 28. The criteria for which polls qualify has also been amended slightly.

This is an important change, one that could serve to quickly winnow the field from 22 candidates to a dozen or fewer. Of course, candidates can still run their campaigns even if they can’t debate … but it will deprive them of a lot of oxygen.

The polling criterion might be harder for some candidates, including Yang. Only eight candidates — Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris, Buttigieg, O’Rourke, Amy Klobuchar and Cory Booker — have routinely polled at 2 percent or higher. And the relatively narrow time frame from when polls are considered will make it harder for candidates to get lucky.

Here’s my overall assessment of everyone’s chances, keeping in mind again that the polling number in the chart reflects all polls since Jan. 12 and not yet the ones that will actually count toward the third debate.

https://i.imgur.com/w3wJY43.png
https://i.imgur.com/30ivhVh.png

Rest - https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/silver-bulletpoints-whos-in-danger-of-missing-the-third-debate/

STTAB
05-31-2019, 02:57 PM
Most of those clowns will get in the debate based on name recognition and nothing more. Seriously no one on that list has actually done ANYTHING worthwhile in their entire lives.

Gunny
05-31-2019, 03:02 PM
What do I see? The media choosing the left's political agenda from where I'm looking.

Noir
05-31-2019, 03:02 PM
Would be a shame if Yang didn’t get to the debates, having read his book I would certainly like to hear him talk more. Gabbard is another who will probably miss out based on this criteria that I think could put in a good showing.

Gunny
05-31-2019, 03:06 PM
With far too many candidates running on the left, they are putting together limitations to make it easier to have their debates and likely air them. In other words - toss aside the losers quickly. :)

---

Silver Bulletpoints: Who’s In Danger Of Missing The Third Debate?

Welcome to a special edition of Silver Bulletpoints, where today we’ll fire all three of our bulletpoints at one topic: the DNC’s decision to substantially tighten the qualifying criteria for the third presidential debate, which will take place on Sept. 12 and 13 on ABC News.

For the third debate, candidates will need to meet both a polling threshold and a fundraising threshold to qualify — previously it was just one or the other. And those thresholds have been raised from what they were before:

This is an important change, one that could serve to quickly winnow the field from 22 candidates to a dozen or fewer. Of course, candidates can still run their campaigns even if they can’t debate … but it will deprive them of a lot of oxygen.

The polling criterion might be harder for some candidates, including Yang. Only eight candidates — Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris, Buttigieg, O’Rourke, Amy Klobuchar and Cory Booker — have routinely polled at 2 percent or higher. And the relatively narrow time frame from when polls are considered will make it harder for candidates to get lucky.

Here’s my overall assessment of everyone’s chances, keeping in mind again that the polling number in the chart reflects all polls since Jan. 12 and not yet the ones that will actually count toward the third debate.

https://i.imgur.com/w3wJY43.png
https://i.imgur.com/30ivhVh.png

Rest - https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/silver-bulletpoints-whos-in-danger-of-missing-the-third-debate/Y'know, upon further review, that sure looks an awful lot like a hit list :smoke:

High_Plains_Drifter
05-31-2019, 03:16 PM
In other words, once again, the democrat propaganda wing will pick who THEY want to run, since THEY pick the criteria, and THEY can massage it any way they like.

I hope commie 'feel the Burn' can handle being booted a second time, because my guess is they'll find a way to dump him, again. Will he be a good little demtard trooper and take it with a smile, again, and support whoever the democrat propaganda wing picks, again?

My bet is they find a way to dump creepy hair sniffing, groper uncle Joe too. They do NOT want an OLD WHITE GUY to be their candidate.

Get out the popcorn kids, this is going to be good. I can't wait until they start to attack each other, since dems HATE to be ridiculed, and as a rule respond with unhinged trash talk.

Gunny
05-31-2019, 05:55 PM
In other words, once again, the democrat propaganda wing will pick who THEY want to run, since THEY pick the criteria, and THEY can massage it any way they like.

I hope commie 'feel the Burn' can handle being booted a second time, because my guess they'll find a way to dump him, again. Will he be a good little demtard trooper and take it with a smile, again, and support whoever the democrat propaganda wing picks, again?

My bet is they find a way to dump creepy hair sniffing, groper uncle Joe too. They do NOT want an OLD WHITE GUY to be their candidate.

Get out the popcorn kids, this is going to be good. I can't wait until they start to attack each other, since dems HATE to be ridiculed, and as a rule respond with unhinged trash talk.Just wait. They won't stop there. They also picked the GOP's candidates in 08, 12 and 16. We know which one backfired on their asses :laugh:

I STILL recall Huckabee out front of all contenders and the MSM/left foisted McCain/Palin as most popular and having the best chance when both were lies. Huckabee was on top one day and barely mentioned the next. That's all it takes and they're going to try the same again.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-01-2019, 06:58 AM
Just wait. They won't stop there. They also picked the GOP's candidates in 08, 12 and 16. We know which one backfired on their asses :laugh:

I STILL recall Huckabee out front of all contenders and the MSM/left foisted McCain/Palin as most popular and having the best chance when both were lies. Huckabee was on top one day and barely mentioned the next. That's all it takes and they're going to try the same again.
Yeah, I hear John Kasich is going to run against Trump... pfft... :laugh:

He just does NOT stand a snowball's chance in HELL, but I guess some people's egos are just so big that they can't stop themselves from making a buffoon out of themselves in front of... THE WORLD.

Abbey Marie
06-01-2019, 10:45 AM
As an aside, I think the only candidates who won’t choose a black female running mate this time, are Kamala Harris and Cory Booker.

:coffee:

High_Plains_Drifter
06-03-2019, 07:25 AM
As an aside, I think the only candidates who won’t choose a black female running mate this time, are Kamala Harris and Cory Booker.

:coffee:
I was listening to the Gutfeld show on SiriusXM on the way home from my son's house yesterday, and he was reading from some focus group that said, "no one with the name Cory could ever be president," ... :laugh: