PDA

View Full Version : Personality Quiz

Elessar
05-31-2019, 08:37 PM
A friend sent this to me, and it looks interesting.

I have not taken the quiz yet yet, but shall soon.

https://www.16personalities.com/entj-strengths-and-weaknesses

Elessar
05-31-2019, 09:16 PM
I took it and not a huge surprise:

Defender
Personality
ISFJ-A / ISFJ-T

icansayit
05-31-2019, 09:51 PM
Your personality type is:
Defender
ISFJ-A

Kathianne
06-01-2019, 07:03 AM
Advocate
INFJ-A

The Advocate personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. Advocates have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is that they are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact. They tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all.

As usual, I'm off the norm.

Abbey Marie
06-01-2019, 10:47 AM
I’ve done these tests three times, and am always INTJ. Two of these were administered at work and were quite long. I’ll take this one and see how it compares.

Result: ISFJ/T. Defender

What does the “T” mean? The other close one is ISFJ/A

Elessar
06-01-2019, 11:19 AM
I’ve done these tests three times, and am always INTJ. Two of these were administered at work and were quite long. I’ll take this one and see how it compares.

Result: ISFJ/T. Defender

What does the “T” mean? The other close one is ISFJ/A

I think if you google search the two, you might get a better answer than I can provide.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-01-2019, 01:53 PM
I just finished taking the quiz. Got this result....--Tyr

Architect
INTJ-T

Mind
This trait determines how we interact with our environment.
42%
58%
EXTRAVERTED
INTROVERTED
Energy
This trait shows where we direct our mental energy.
64%
36%
INTUITIVE
OBSERVANT
Nature
This trait determines how we make decisions and cope with emotions.
51%
49%
THINKING
FEELING
Tactics
This trait reflects our approach to work, planning and decision-making.
65%
35%
JUDGING
PROSPECTING
Identity
This trait underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions.
44%
56%
ASSERTIVE
TURBULE

darin
06-01-2019, 03:59 PM
Enfp :-)

Drummond
06-01-2019, 04:24 PM
Done mine. I come out as ... INFJ-A.

Perhaps interestingly (?) ... seems that my profile is a match for Kathianne's. I had the same summary that she did.

Breakdown:

33% extroverted 67% introverted
52% intuitive 48% observant
49% thinking 51% feeling
63% judging 37% prospecting
64% assertive 36% turbulent

Seems also that I have a supposed talent for 'warm, sensitive language'. I'm sure that Noir and Petey can confirm that one !! :rolleyes::cool::cool:

[.. whatever happened to FJ, anyway ... ??:laugh::laugh::rolleyes:]

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-01-2019, 10:01 PM
https://www.16personalities.com/intj-personality
Architect
Personality
INTJ-A / INTJ-T
The above link is what I got when I researched my type the quiz results stated that I am.
It is so on the mark that I was in total shock.
Also explains a lot about my logic and my contradictions, my never ending thirst for knowledge , my creativity, my infinite love of books, chess, art, philosophy, writing poetry, science , history, etc...

Link gives 16 traits--and yes I have all 16--its so damn uncanny..
I mean I have , in spades, all 16 that they list... -Tyr

Abbey Marie
06-02-2019, 01:10 PM
Oh, and I am apparently 86% Introverted, lol!

icansayit
06-02-2019, 06:39 PM
Oh, and I am apparently 86% Introverted, lol!

Abbey: Supposedly...So am I according to the quiz. But it was fun...in a strange sort of way.

darin
06-03-2019, 01:34 AM
keep in mind, as far as Myers Briggs - Introversion and Extroversion are spoken-of in terms of 'what recharges your batteries' - NOT if you are a people-person or outgoing.

For example: When you are feeling antsy or frustrated or stressed, do you primarily re-charge being around others or being alone.

Noir
06-03-2019, 04:03 AM
I put about as much weight in these as I do horoscopes, and palm readers. But out of interest -

Mediator INFP-A/T

Mediator personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, Mediators have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the Mediator personality type

darin
06-03-2019, 05:56 AM
I put about as much weight in these as I do horoscopes, and palm readers. But out of interest -

[/FONT][/COLOR]

The major difference is this: This quiz (the Myers-Briggs) is about tendencies. It's about studied behaviour patterns and is best used to help us related to ourselves and those around us. Where horoscopes try to predict the future, Myers-Briggs tries to help folks predict themselves. Based on their preferences. Based on their answers to the survey. :)

Noir
06-03-2019, 06:31 AM
The major difference is this: This quiz (the Myers-Briggs) is about tendencies. It's about studied behaviour patterns and is best used to help us related to ourselves and those around us. Where horoscopes try to predict the future, Myers-Briggs tries to help folks predict themselves. Based on their preferences. Based on their answers to the survey. :)

I don’t want to derail the thread (especially a ‘lounge’ thread) though I would talk about it elsewhere if people considered it worth talking about - suffice to say the Myers-Briggs is an analysis of ‘the self’, I would contend that ‘the self’ is a narrative illusion.

Kathianne
06-03-2019, 06:36 AM
I don’t want to derail the thread (especially a ‘lounge’ thread) though I would talk about it elsewhere if people considered it worth talking about - suffice to say the Myers-Briggs is an analysis of ‘the self’, I would contend that ‘the self’ is a narrative illusion.
Of course you do, you're an idealist. ;)

darin
06-03-2019, 06:42 AM

More-correctly, it's a guided 'self-analysis of self'. It's a part of a path towards self-awareness.

Drummond
06-03-2019, 07:12 AM

Only 'the masses' have non-illusory properties, you mean ?

I think that's where you're going with this (?). If in fact you are .. I do indeed suggest that you take such a discussion out of the 'lounge' area. Happy to discuss, elsewhere, if in fact I'm correctly picking up on your point.

Abbey Marie
06-03-2019, 08:23 AM

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Perhaps ironically, it sounds pretty close to what I perceive of your personality from your posting. And I don’t think you are putting on a false face here.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-03-2019, 09:17 AM
Architect
INTJ-A

https://i.ibb.co/nmsvbts/Capture.jpg

SassyLady
06-03-2019, 07:12 PM
I've always tested as an INFJ.
The INFJ personality type is nicknamed the "Confidant" and belongs to the NF Visionary temperament. INFJs are complex, deep and intensely private. Their life's mission is to develop and guide others.

INFJs are conscientious (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscientious) and value-driven. They seek meaning in relationships, ideas, and events, with an eye toward better understanding themselves and others. Using their intuitive skills, they develop a clear and confident vision, which they then set out to execute, aiming to better the lives of others. Like their INTJ (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTJ) counterparts, INFJs regard problems as opportunities to design and implement creative solutions.[9] (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/INFJ#cite_note-9)
INFJs are believed to adapt easily in social situations due to their complex understanding of an individual's motivations; however, they are true introverts. INFJs are private individuals who prefer to exercise their influence behind the scenes. Though they are very independent, INFJs are intensely interested in the well-being of others. INFJs prefer one-on-one relationships to large groups. Sensitive and complex, they are adept at understanding complicated issues and driven to resolve differences in a cooperative and creative manner.[10] (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/INFJ#cite_note-Counselor-10)
INFJs are deeply concerned about their relations with individuals as well as the state of humanity at large. They are, in fact, sometimes mistaken for extroverts because they appear so outgoing and are so genuinely interested in people—a product of the Feeling function they most readily show to the world.[11] (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/INFJ#cite_note-11)
INFJs are said to have a rich, vivid inner life that they may be reluctant to share with those around them. Nevertheless, they are congenial in their interactions and perceptive of the emotions of others. Generally well liked by their peers, they may often be considered close friends and confidants by most other types; however, they are guarded in expressing their own feelings, especially to new people, and tend to establish close relationships slowly. INFJs may "silently withdraw as a way of setting limits" rather than expressing their wounded feelings—a behavior that may leave others confused and upset.

However, this test says I'm a Mediator. INFP

Reading the synopsis makes me ill, so I'm pretty sure I'm not a mediator. My last career was a Business, Professional and personal coach. Fits more the Confidant classification.

darin
06-04-2019, 01:20 AM
I've always tested as an INFJ.
The INFJ personality type is nicknamed the "Confidant" and belongs to the NF Visionary temperament. INFJs are complex, deep and intensely private. Their life's mission is to develop and guide others.

However, this test says I'm a Mediator. INFP

Reading the synopsis makes me ill, so I'm pretty sure I'm not a mediator. My last career was a Business, Professional and personal coach. Fits more the Confidant classification.

The test really works only 'now' - people change and adapt because the test records your preferences, tendencies, and its not like an IQ test that generally stays about the same :)

CSM
06-04-2019, 05:16 AM
Took the test.

I got back: "GET HELP ASAP!!!"

SassyLady
06-04-2019, 10:23 PM
The test really works only 'now' - people change and adapt because the test records your preferences, tendencies, and its not like an IQ test that generally stays about the same :)

Yeah ...the older we get the more regrets are possible so that question made me stop and think. But this test was also short so more chance of misclassification. Longer tests will ask same question several times in different ways as a proof of validity.

Elessar
06-04-2019, 10:33 PM
Took the test.

I got back: "GET HELP ASAP!!!"

Goof Ball!:laugh:

Elessar
06-04-2019, 10:42 PM
Yeah ...the older we get the more regrets are possible so that question made me stop and think. But this test was also short so more chance of misclassification. Longer tests will ask same question several times in different ways as a proof of validity.

Oh, we had an extensive one presented at a Command Center I was in.
It examined decision making, which does reveal personality.

The 1/3rd circular graph showed two extremes: One side totally reactive immediately, the other
totally drawn back, contemplative. There was a center line which was the desired objective.

Of the 18 Command Center staff, plus C.O. and X.O, only 3 of us hovered at the center line;
Me Boatswain's Mate (E-6), QMCS Quaretmaster (E-8), and another Boatswain's Mate - female (E-5).

Very enlightening.

CSM
06-05-2019, 06:55 AM
Goof Ball!:laugh:

Yeah, it said that too!