start this to see what others have found to recognize this:

https://www.foxnews.com/

Elessar
06-05-2019, 10:37 AM
https://www.foxnews.com/world/d-day-veteran-99-ovation-queen-trump-tributes

Elessar
06-06-2019, 12:57 AM
Tribute to D Day June 6, 1944...
Dwight D. Eisenhower said "Neither a wise man nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him." Warriors smile in trouble, gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection,they pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of life ,liberty and the pursuit of happiness. On this day June 6,2019 let us remember June 6, 1944 let us take a moment to remember D-Day fatalities 2700 British soldiers and 2499 American soldiers who for the love of their country accepted death to provide us with the freedom we relish ourselves in today that from these honored dead we never forget and that we highly resolve here and now that these dead shall not have died in vain. "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." — Gen. George S. Patton.
Remembering D day June 6,1944

CSM
06-06-2019, 06:01 AM
Isn't it amazing that such men (some not out of their teens yet) displayed such bravery, loyalty and sense of duty? What I see in today's youth makes me worry for the future. Having said that, I happen to know that such young men and women do exist these days but perhaps not in the numbers of the past.

Kathianne
06-06-2019, 06:05 AM
Isn't it amazing that such men (some not out of their teens yet) displayed such bravery, loyalty and sense of duty? What I see in today's youth makes me worry for the future. Having said that, I happen to know that such young men and women do exist these days but perhaps not in the numbers of the past.

Before WWII, the US was not a major player regarding the military. Heck in WWI the new recruits were practicing with broomsticks and mops. It's the challenges that actually shows the mettle and the numbers, don't you think? There are more than a few MOH recipients that until that 'moment' didn't stand out.

CSM
06-06-2019, 06:27 AM
Before WWII, the US was not a major player regarding the military. Heck in WWI the new recruits were practicing with broomsticks and mops. It's the challenges that actually shows the mettle and the numbers, don't you think? There are more than a few MOH recipients that until that 'moment' didn't stand out.

Absolutely agree! I will say that the very idea of stepping up (despite the lack of equipment and knowing the risks) displays a huge amount of intestinal fortitude that many today lack. We currently live in a society where "bravery" is defined as declaring yourself one of 137 different genders and "heroism" is represented by someone who chooses to mutilate their body in a very fundamental way.

I am beginning to believe the motto of today's youth is "I want to be different just like everyone else!"

Kathianne
06-06-2019, 08:36 AM
Just thinking that this is likely the last 'big' anniversary, where some of those who were there are present. Most are already gone. Thinking of my dad. :saluting2:

CSM
06-06-2019, 08:56 AM
Just thinking that this is likely the last 'big' anniversary, where some of those who were there are present. Most are already gone. Thinking of my dad. :saluting2:

Yep. Most of the WWII vets are gone; soon the Korean War vets will be gone and then the Vietnam Vets.... the cycle of life I guess.