PDA

View Full Version : Russian Propaganda

jimnyc
06-08-2019, 09:45 AM
Or one can just say "Russia" and everyone in the world but Russia knows that means propaganda. Just like the 3, yes 3, recent Russian lady visitors we had. Likely just propagandists, and maybe even handled via bots. There are programs that allow you to list say like 1000 websites - and it will go out and attempt to create accounts at every one of them. Then you have it post, and it will attempt the same. I have never used or even seen the software, only know of it from reading.

I guess since no one can really live there for the next 20,000 years or so, and it was one of the worst blunders of all time, Russia wants to hide from it and blame others. Pathetic little commies.

Reminds me of all the lies that the North Koreans are told, like the little fat guy beating up like 12 CIA agents. :laugh:

---

Russia to Make Its Own 'Chernobyl' Film Blaming U.S. and CIA for Nuclear Accident

Vladimir Putin's Russia is looking more and more like the old Soviet Union. This is to be expected given that Putin cut his teeth as a Communist apparatchik working for the KGB back in the day.

But in Russia, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Recently, HBO broadcast the emotionally gripping account of what happened during the 1986 disaster at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant. The series Chernobyl, which ended a few days ago, depicted the stupidity, negligence, bureaucratic bungling, heroism, and the conspiracy of silence from the government that kept the true cost in lives and rubles of the disaster secret for decades. The series was a huge hit -- even in Russia.

But the portrayal in the series of Soviet government culpability in keeping vital information from the operators at the power plant and the KGB efforts to hush the whole thing up apparently didn't sit well with Putin's regime. The Cultural Ministry is funding a film of the disaster that tells a much different story.

Daily Mail:

Russian television broadcaster NTV announced that it had commissioned the series, and principal photography has already begun in Belarus under director Alexei Muradov.

In response to the HBO series' depiction of Soviet bureaucrats bungling the response both during and after the 1986 nuclear accident in the Ukrainian SSR, the Russian version plans to tell the tale of a heroic KGB agent trying to thwart a supposed CIA sabotage plot.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/russia-to-make-its-own-chernoybl-film-blaming-us-and-cia-for-nuclear-accident/

Kathianne
06-08-2019, 10:12 AM
Or one can just say "Russia" and everyone in the world but Russia knows that means propaganda. Just like the 3, yes 3, recent Russian lady visitors we had. Likely just propagandists, and maybe even handled via bots. There are programs that allow you to list say like 1000 websites - and it will go out and attempt to create accounts at every one of them. Then you have it post, and it will attempt the same. I have never used or even seen the software, only know of it from reading.

I guess since no one can really live there for the next 20,000 years or so, and it was one of the worst blunders of all time, Russia wants to hide from it and blame others. Pathetic little commies.

Reminds me of all the lies that the North Koreans are told, like the little fat guy beating up like 12 CIA agents. :laugh:

---

Russia to Make Its Own 'Chernobyl' Film Blaming U.S. and CIA for Nuclear Accident

Vladimir Putin's Russia is looking more and more like the old Soviet Union. This is to be expected given that Putin cut his teeth as a Communist apparatchik working for the KGB back in the day.

But in Russia, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Recently, HBO broadcast the emotionally gripping account of what happened during the 1986 disaster at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant. The series Chernobyl, which ended a few days ago, depicted the stupidity, negligence, bureaucratic bungling, heroism, and the conspiracy of silence from the government that kept the true cost in lives and rubles of the disaster secret for decades. The series was a huge hit -- even in Russia.

But the portrayal in the series of Soviet government culpability in keeping vital information from the operators at the power plant and the KGB efforts to hush the whole thing up apparently didn't sit well with Putin's regime. The Cultural Ministry is funding a film of the disaster that tells a much different story.

Daily Mail:

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/russia-to-make-its-own-chernoybl-film-blaming-us-and-cia-for-nuclear-accident/

I saw that and just laughed. That propaganda is right there with Putin denying the poisonings in England. Everyone knows it's a joke, with the possible exceptions of the Russian people.

jimnyc
06-08-2019, 10:24 AM
I saw that and just laughed. That propaganda is right there with Putin denying the poisonings in England. Everyone knows it's a joke, with the possible exceptions of the Russian people.

I wonder how much if at all, folks in either Russia or NK for example, I wonder how many know they are often fed BS propaganda? NK is the worst as how n the hell do they research themselves, as we can do?

Kathianne
06-08-2019, 10:41 AM
I wonder how much if at all, folks in either Russia or NK for example, I wonder how many know they are often fed BS propaganda? NK is the worst as how n the hell do they research themselves, as we can do?

As you say, just can't be sure of Russians. All but the highly place NK I think believe what is given-they have no other ways to know. It truly is a hermit kingdom.