PDA

View Full Version : And honest congressman?

jimnyc
06-08-2019, 09:53 AM
Very rare indeed! And I agree, they make enough. There should be a level they reach that allows for them to then get a raise, and maybe even tied to their approval rating, of which is from both sides. I remember it as low as like 8%. I think last I saw it was still less than 20 or around that area.

For example, does Maxine Waters earn that much yearly for running around everywhere she can demanding impeachment and making shit up? Hell no. Very few of them 'earn' it IMO.

---

Congressman Says Lawmakers Don't 'Earn' Their $174k Salaries, Opposes Increase

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), a member of the House Budget Committee, told PJM that he would vote against a federal budget that raises pay for members of Congress.

Since 2009, congressional pay has been frozen at $174,000 annually. The $1 trillion fiscal 2020 budget currently under consideration in the House of Representatives would lift the freeze and result in a $4,500 salary increase. Gaetz said he would oppose the measure, noting that he had voted against some spending bills when the GOP had the House majority with former Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) as speaker.

"No, it's not my view that members of Congress need to get a pay increase. I would like us to see an increase in the productivity of our work. Here, we, you know -- I don't think we earn the pay we get right now, frankly, so I would oppose that," Gaetz said Wednesday on Capitol Hill.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/congressman-says-lawmakers-dont-earn-their-174k-salaries-opposes-increase/

Kathianne
06-08-2019, 10:14 AM
The noise is all distractions. From the rantings on the left to the righteousness of the left. The left hand knows what the right is doing and vice versa.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-11-2019, 12:33 AM
Wouldn't ANYONE love to have the ability to GIVE THEM SELF A RAISE?

These people make $174,000 a year, but yet they all wind up being MILLIONAIRES. How does that happen?

They should ALL be required to release their tax records. Show us how much they're getting GREASED by the LOBBYISTS and campaign contributions.

Government for sale.