PDA

View Full Version : Christian baker sued again

jimnyc
06-11-2019, 08:33 AM
It should be tossed as frivilous and the attorneys sanctioned. And these folks all need to get lives.

And if I was the baker - I would make the cake - and make it so good that they all spit it out on the first bite. Not poison, no sickness, just a bad cake. :) :)

---

Will They Ever Leave Him Alone? Christian Baker Jack Phillips Is Being Sued—Again

Remember Jack Phillips, the Christian baker from Colorado who was sued for refusing to make a cake for a gay wedding? He's being sued again, for the third time, by the same lawyer who tried and failed to take him down last time.

CBS Denver:

Attorneys for a Denver woman greased the pan for yet another legal battle against a Lakewood bakery already burned around the edges from a series of heated civil rights fights. Jack Phillips, owner of the Masterpiece Cakeshop, refused in 2012 to bake a wedding cake for Charlie Craig and David Mullins, a same-sex couple from Denver, on the basis of his religious beliefs...

The latest lawsuit was filed Wednesday in Denver District Court on behalf of Autumn Scardina by attorneys Paula Greisen and John McHugh...

The newest lawsuit claims Phillips discriminated against Scardina and used deceptive and unfair trade practices.

Now, this is not exactly a life-or-death situation. Nobody is in danger of having anything hurt but their feelings. The guy makes cakes. He's not the only baker in Denver. Hell, he's not even the only baker on his block. But Autumn Scardina can't just go to another bakery, because this isn't about purchasing a cake. It's about persecuting a man for his religious beliefs. It's not about promoting tolerance. It's about punishing dissenters.

Phillips isn't running around with a baseball bat, busting up gay weddings and gender-transition parties. He's not stopping any of these folks from living their own lives. He's just refusing to participate. What's gained by forcing him?

I'll never understand why lefties keep demanding food from people who don't want to make it for them. Are they going to sue if it doesn't taste good?

A few years ago, that big meanie Steven Crowder did a little experiment. If it's such a big deal that a Christian baker won't make a cake for a gay wedding, what happens when you try it with a Muslim bakery?

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/christian-baker-jack-phillips-is-being-sued-again/

Abbey Marie
06-11-2019, 10:38 AM
I expect us to eventually go from coerced support to outright physical persecution.

Gunny
06-11-2019, 01:19 PM
It should be tossed as frivilous and the attorneys sanctioned. And these folks all need to get lives.

And if I was the baker - I would make the cake - and make it so good that they all spit it out on the first bite. Not poison, no sickness, just a bad cake. :) :)

---

Will They Ever Leave Him Alone? Christian Baker Jack Phillips Is Being Sued—Again

Remember Jack Phillips, the Christian baker from Colorado who was sued for refusing to make a cake for a gay wedding? He's being sued again, for the third time, by the same lawyer who tried and failed to take him down last time.

CBS Denver:

Now, this is not exactly a life-or-death situation. Nobody is in danger of having anything hurt but their feelings. The guy makes cakes. He's not the only baker in Denver. Hell, he's not even the only baker on his block. But Autumn Scardina can't just go to another bakery, because this isn't about purchasing a cake. It's about persecuting a man for his religious beliefs. It's not about promoting tolerance. It's about punishing dissenters.

Phillips isn't running around with a baseball bat, busting up gay weddings and gender-transition parties. He's not stopping any of these folks from living their own lives. He's just refusing to participate. What's gained by forcing him?

I'll never understand why lefties keep demanding food from people who don't want to make it for them. Are they going to sue if it doesn't taste good?

A few years ago, that big meanie Steven Crowder did a little experiment. If it's such a big deal that a Christian baker won't make a cake for a gay wedding, what happens when you try it with a Muslim bakery?

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/christian-baker-jack-phillips-is-being-sued-again/Forcing someone to make food for you that you are going to ingest doesn't seem like the brightest of ideas.

I'd let my two youngest grandkids make it. Out back. With their buckets, water and whatever they decided to throw in :)

The motive seems prety clear. Keep suing the guy until you bleed him out of money. I'd countersue for harrassment.

STTAB
06-11-2019, 01:54 PM
Forcing someone to make food for you that you are going to ingest doesn't seem like the brightest of ideas.

I'd let my two youngest grandkids make it. Out back. With their buckets, water and whatever they decided to throw in :)

The motive seems prety clear. Keep suing the guy until you bleed him out of money. I'd countersue for harrassment.

I would definately countersue for harrasment, and file for a TRO as well.

I'm with you on the other aspect a well. You don't have to be like "nope I don't bake gay cakes sorry" just schedule the queer cake to be baked in 2030 or do such a lousy job that words get around that you don't put effort into queerosexual cakes, or really anything. I've long thought both sides are assholes in deals like this.

With the lawyer, as usual, being the biggest asshole of all.