PDA

View Full Version : Jon Stewart is a douche cannon BUT

STTAB
06-12-2019, 02:58 PM
Bravo to him for THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQkMJgaHAkY

These assholes need to hear a lot more of this, Bet your ass they all made time for the "we deserve a raise" committee hearing. Too bad the country can't coalesce around hating these useless douche nozzles.

Gunny
06-12-2019, 05:11 PM
I listened to the whole thing. A rarity. I really don't know who Jon Stewart is. I thought he was a race car driver. As a stand alone statement, kudos to him. I wasn't aware this was an issue.

So 9-11 was a "NYC thing" huh?

I guess Congress is too busy trying to impeach the President to spare time for first responders to 9-11. What a great country we live in today :rolleyes:

High_Plains_Drifter
06-13-2019, 04:40 AM
Thing is though, no one knows how much this will ultimately cost, and some say extend it for 70 years and others indefinitely. I don't get the indefinitely. All first responders to 911 at some point are going to be deceased. Why would this need to go on indefinitely? And why government first responders such as fire fighters and police need money to pay medical bills? Isn't health insurance part of their benefit plan, and couldn't 911 complications even be covered under workmen's comp? IDK... but that said, I do think whatever health issues these people have that can be directly linked to responding to 911 should be PAID FOR. For all the money our government absolutely wastes on ear marks and pork, like millions for SHRIMP ON A TREADMILL, comparatively, helping first responders pay medical bills seems to be a VERY worthy way to spend tax dollars.

Kathianne
06-13-2019, 07:02 AM
Thing is though, no one knows how much this will ultimately cost, and some say extend it for 70 years and others indefinitely. I don't get the indefinitely. All first responders to 911 at some point going to be deceased. Why would this need to go on indefinitely? And why government first responders such as fire fighters and police need money to pay medical bills? Isn't health insurance part of their benefit plan, and couldn't 911 complications even be covered under workmen's comp? IDK... but that said, I do think whatever health issues these people have that can be directly linked to responding to 911 should be PAID FOR. For all the money our government absolutely wastes on ear marks and pork, like millions for SHRIMP ON A TREADMILL, comparatively, helping first responders pay medical bills seems to be a VERY worthy way to spend tax dollars.

IDK for sure, without a doubt the costs are the main issue. OTOH, insurers are well known for denying certain procedures and certainly anything 'experimental.' Then any time they can deny they will. Same as what happens to the vets. The coverage you're supposed to have, evaporates.

Look what happened with those affected by agent orange. Multiple TMIs are often a cause of problems that can be treated, but if not reported in the field, that cause cannot be cited. Instead they are labeled PTSD, given meds and left to deal with it. Some coverage. :rolleyes:

Why wouldn't those TMIs be reported? The member would be pulled from the field. For some reasons, many don't want to leave when their fellow soldiers are in harm's way. They deal when they need to. They work through the problems at the time.

With 9/11 all the burning plastics and other debris have seemingly, (way too often not to be connected), led to many cases of rare cancers. Many are already dead, but it's the families who are left without. Bottom line sadly to say is that at this point in time, those whose loved ones died that day, were recipients of the largess of the massive donations. Those who spent days, months, years working that pit, have been left behind.

STTAB
06-13-2019, 09:31 AM
I listened to the whole thing. A rarity. I really don't know who Jon Stewart is. I thought he was a race car driver. As a stand alone statement, kudos to him. I wasn't aware this was an issue.

So 9-11 was a "NYC thing" huh?

I guess Congress is too busy trying to impeach the President to spare time for first responders to 9-11. What a great country we live in today :rolleyes:

That's Tony Stewart, you neanderthal LOL.