PDA

View Full Version : New paint scheme for Air Force One?

jimnyc
06-13-2019, 01:35 PM
Yup, as I said, they will obstruct just about everything and anything. :rolleyes:

I imagine it's not cheap as hell to paint a plane, but it's ALREADY going to be painted since they are new, so it looks to be simply replacing one striped color for another. $4 billion dollars for 2 planes and they are going to be pricks about a colored stripe. :rolleyes:

---

Congress may thwart Decorator-in-Chief Trump on design for Air Force One

During an interview with ABC News this week, President Trump unveiled a new color scheme for Air Force One that he said he designed himself for the next generation of the presidential fleet of Boeing 747s. But lawmakers who have to approve the cost might have different ideas.

The red, white and blue layout Trump came up with is a departure from the blue-and-white scheme that has been in place since the 1960s. Last year, Trump struck a deal with Boeing to purchase two Air Force One planes at a cost of $3.9 billion.

However, the president’s design dreams were potentially undercut across town at Wednesday’s House Armed Services Committee’s markup of the 2020 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). Rep. Joe Courtney, D-Conn., put forth an amendment that would require congressional approval for changes to the paint scheme and interior design of Air Force One. Although Republicans said it seemed like a poke at the president, Courtney defended it as an economy measure.

https://i.imgur.com/zdmiCOT.jpg

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-air-force-one-redesign-house-armed-services-165439358.html

STTAB
06-13-2019, 02:23 PM
Democrats are such whiny little bitches. I'd kill myself if I were one of them. Seriously of all the problems in this country "we gotta stop Trump from repainting that plane" ranks at about one zillion.

And PS I LOVE the current paint scheme of AFOne and wish Trump would leave tradition alone, but damn.

pete311
06-13-2019, 02:36 PM
flip the color scheme upside down and it's the Trump Airlines design

jimnyc
06-13-2019, 02:42 PM
flip the color scheme upside down and it's the Trump Airlines design

Oh please. It's almost the same as it is now, only with a red stripe. Now is a white top/bottom separated by a blue line. This one is a white top, blue bottom and separated by a red line.

To claim Trump airlines when its red, white and blue is laughable. His has red/white/blue and looks similar. That's all there is.

But he's got 6 years left, maybe you're right and he'll put his name on the side for all future presidents. :rolleyes:

OR, maybe make it Green, white and purple, so as not to have an appearance of similarities? Or, same colors, but a checkered pattern? Maybe ALL red, a blue tail and a white nose. That would be cool! :rolleyes: