PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think Scientology Is A Cult Or Religion?

nevadamedic
09-03-2007, 03:07 AM
Personally I think it is a cult. It is just a money making scam. It has been proven so on many levels. Some countries even have banned that religion from their country. The creator of the religion was a failed Science Fiction writer who was in serious financial trouble when he started this cult. The costs to be in this cult are outrageous. You have to pay to be a member of the "Church" then you are required to take classes which you have to pay an outrageous amount of money for or your out. They even have a Celebrity chruch which people like Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Danny and Jenna Elfman are a part of. If you look at the costs for them it is almost double that of what the non celebrity members have to pay for the exact same classes etc.

They even got deal a terrible blow as their equipment they use they are forced by the Government to put on a warning that these machines are basically of no real use, but they still charge people for the readings. :slap: If you can't read a warning label before someone hooks up electrodes to you then your ignorant.

Another dangers thing is that they ban all psychiatric medication and say that vitamins can cure all mental disorders. This has proven fatal in a few situations. There have been seriously ill members who have desperatly needed psychiatric help and the "Church" would not let them get the help or medication or they would be out. Next thing you know one of these people went skitso and killed his mother. The Psych. doctors who evaluated him determined that if he was on medication he wouldn't have reacted like that. He has been on medication since hin incarseration and he has been fine with no outbursts.

Why wont our Government investigate or take action? Our people are being ripped off on a daily basis. Our Government is supposed to protect us from shit like this, why don't they? I think this is something we should be asking our Congressmen and Senators and hold them accountable.

09-03-2007, 03:59 AM
Honestly, I dont care.

If people want to believe some sci fi writer and hand over their money its a free country.

Let them believe what they want. Let them do what they want. They are adults. They dont need the government nannying them.

bullypulpit
09-03-2007, 04:15 AM
Most religions started as cults. Scientology is a bit too dodgy, however to be considered for the status of religion.

PostmodernProphet
09-03-2007, 04:35 AM
if you have never read it, the Penthouse interview with the son of L. Ron Hubbard is most enlightening....

Question:There was no church when he wrote the book?
Answer: Oh, no, no. You see, his goal was basically to write the book, take the money and run. But in 1950, this was the first major book of do-it-yourself psychotherapy, and it became a runaway best-seller. He kept getting, literally, mail trucks full of mail. And so he and some other people, including J. W. Campbell, the editor of Astounding Science Fiction , started the Dianetics Research Foundation in Elizabeth, New Jersey. And the post office kept backing up and just dumping mail sacks into the building. The foundation had a staff that just ran through the envelopes and threw away anything that didn't have any money in it.

http://www.rickross.com/reference/scientology/scien240.html

Sock Puppet
09-03-2007, 06:42 AM
Scientology is definately a cult.

Gaffer
09-03-2007, 07:53 AM
It's a silly cult that only stupid people join. It's harmless it the sense its goal is to get its members money. At least they won't be blowing temselves up as their god is greed. And greed does not allow for self sacrifice.

Said1
09-03-2007, 09:20 AM
I think it's fairly harmless as well. If it gets rich people off crack and heroine, what's the harm? Plus people send their money to dumber things they believe in.......like time travel devices. :laugh2:

nevadamedic
09-03-2007, 09:23 AM
I think it's fairly harmless as well. If it gets rich people off crack and heroine, what's the harm? Plus people send their money to dumber things they believe in.......like time travel devices. :laugh2:

Harmless? It's scamming millions of dollars a year out of people. It is no different then the 419 scams.

Said1
09-03-2007, 09:29 AM
Harmless? It's scamming millions of dollars a year out of people. It is no different then the 419 scams.

What are the '419' scams?

jafar00
09-03-2007, 10:25 AM
What are the '419' scams?

Hello Sir

I am the Son in law 3 times removed of the late President of Timbuktu Boogaloo Umbootoo, and I need your help to discreetly get his $50,000,000 fortune out of the country without raising suspicion. For your help in securing the funds, you will be paid $5,000,000 for your trouble.

And so on......

Ever got one of those types of emails? You have just received a "419" scam.
Check http://www.419baiter.com/ for some amusing antics with these scammers.

And yes I agree, the scientologists are scammers.

I once took a free personality test of theirs for a laugh. Once done I was told I was miserable and needed to pay for some "courses" to pick up the pieces of my life.

I laughed my way out of there because at the time, I had just signed a publishing deal with EMI records and was skipping down the road as $100,000 was being wire into my bank from EMI. You could say I was far from miserable. :D

Said1
09-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Hello Sir

I am the Son in law 3 times removed of the late President of Timbuktu Boogaloo Umbootoo, and I need your help to discreetly get his $50,000,000 fortune out of the country without raising suspicion. For your help in securing the funds, you will be paid $5,000,000 for your trouble.

And so on......

Ever got one of those types of emails? You have just received a "419" scam.
Check http://www.419baiter.com/ for some amusing antics with these scammers.

And yes I agree, the scientologists are scammers.

I once took a free personality test of theirs for a laugh. Once done I was told I was miserable and needed to pay for some "courses" to pick up the pieces of my life.

I laughed my way out of there because at the time, I had just signed a publishing deal with EMI records and was skipping down the road as $100,000 was being wire into my bank from EMI. You could say I was far from miserable. :D

Oh. This guy:

Prince Abdul Bunda Finally Escapes Nigeria Print E-mail
By Bruce Wee
Friday, 21 April 2006
nigerian prince, believed to be running scam, arrives in uk

Prince Abdul Bunda

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/Said1/abdulinner.jpg

Prince Abdul Bunda, son of the murdered Nigerian ruler, King Bundu Koroma, finally arrived in the UK yesterday, after sending several hundred thousand fruitless e-mails asking British citizens for their assistance.

Abdul (25), whose father was killed by his own brother in 2003 over a monetary dispute, has spent the last three years in hiding, sending e-mail after e-mail in the hope he would eventually find someone from the UK willing to assist him in moving his late father's thirty million dollar fortune out of Nigeria.

Despite his efforts, His Royal Highness, Prince Abdul was unable to find anyone prepared to offer help, even after offering a reward of almost ten million dollars to anyone who would send him their bank account details and the cost of an air ticket.

"It is not understandable to me," Abdul told us after arriving in the UK. "I am wishing to escape the persecution of my being in Nigeria, and am wishing to send one third my father's treasure of gold and money, but yet nobody is wishing to receive it."

No-one, that is, except unemployed Bristol man, Alan Brown (42), who received an e-mail from the prince last month, and instantly felt compelled to lend a hand in any way he could.

ROBBED

"Abdul's story is a terrible one," Alan said at the house he shares with his mother, Ethel (71). "His father was murdered in cold blood by his maniac uncle, his sister committed suicide, he was robbed of his throne and forced into hiding, then everyone he contacted seems to have assumed his mails were some kind of scam or something. He's really had a rough time of it."

Added Alan: "The fact that no-one else tried to help the poor fellow before now almost makes me ashamed to be British."

Alan Brown
Although jobless Alan claims having the opportunity to help his fellow man is in itself reward enough, Prince Abdul has insisted he accept a one third share in the imported fortune, as per their original written agreement.

"It seems like an awful lot of money for very little," Alan admitted. "I mean all I did was let the chap use my bank account to transfer his dead father's fortune into, and sent him seventy five pounds towards his flight over here. I'm not sure what it is in pounds, but ten million dollars seems a bit much."

As Bunda is still concerned for his own safety, Alan has offered to rent him his back bedroom, which the exiled prince has readily agreed to.

"I was being despaired of giving up on hoping to find an assistance to escape my evil uncle's ways," a visibly emotional Bunda said. "So I am thanking God for your Alan Brown, that I may at last be feeling the taste of free air in my lungs and heart."

Added the prince: "At last all the overusage of the e-mail warnings I was receiving from the AOL are worthwhile!"

Abdul's uncle - Nigeria's King Bangra Koroma - was unavailable for comment on his nephew's escape from his tyrannical clutches, yesterday

http://www.theobservant.co.uk/content/view/42/26/