PDA

View Full Version : Now Kyle Kashuv likened to school mass shooter

jimnyc
06-19-2019, 10:47 AM
These people are pathetic. And I'm still standing pat on their issue being his 2nd amendment support.

---

MSNBC Contributor Likens Kyle Kashuv’s Posts to a Mass Shooter’s

Harvard University touched off a firestorm on both sides of the American political spectrum Monday when it was announced that the acceptance of Kyle Kashuv, a survivor of the 2018 Parkland school shooting, would be rescinded as a result of inflammatory remarks made by the teen nearly two years ago.

Kashuv, who graduated Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School this year with a 3.9 GPA and a nearly perfect score of 1550 on his SATs, was recently revealed to have employed racial and religious slurs in private group messages with friends at age 16, prompting Harvard’s revocation of his acceptance — and a national discourse on freedom of speech and political bias in academia.

MSNBC contributor and former Florida congressman David Jolly took that debate a step further Tuesday, however, suggesting Kashuv’s comments were akin to those made by infamous school shooters.

In fact, Jolly argued on MSNBC Live with Stephanie Ruhle that perhaps it was not “redemption” that Kashuv deserved — but a “closer look” from authorities.

“When I saw it Steph, I had the same reaction of a lot of people that perhaps a young man deserves redemption,” Jolly said. “But if you look at this, this story is greater than Harvard.”

Citing the Huffington Post’s rundown of Kashuv’s messages, the former GOP representative emphatically said the statements in question were exactly the type society looks for in the wake of a tragedy when they ask “where were the signs?”

“Now this was two years before Parkland [shooting], but my immediate reaction when I really dug into this is these are the social media postings we see of a shooter,” Jolly said. “We see a shooter and then we go back and look at social media posts, and this is exactly what we see.”

Rest - https://www.westernjournal.com/msnbc-contributor-likens-kyle-kashuvs-posts-mass-shooters/

Ex-Congressman: Parkland Survivor Kyle Kashuv Fits School Shooter Profile, Perhaps Should Not Be Allowed to Purchase a Gun

Former Congressman David Jolly appeared on "MSNBC Live" Tuesday to applaud Harvard's decision to rescind its offer of admission to Parkland shooting survivor Kyle Kasuv because of racist and anti-Semitic statements he made in private communications in 2016 that were leaked to the media. But Jolly went even further, saying that Kasuv might be at risk for becoming a mass shooter and suggesting that he perhaps should not be allowed to purchase a firearm.

Asked if there might be a political motive behind Harvard's decision in light of Kasuv's pro-Second Amendment activism since the Parkland shooting, Jolly said, "I don't... I take a much harder line on this. I think this is the perfect story for our time... I think it's important for Harvard to say, 'not in our community,'" when it comes to applicants' past statements."

Jolly said that when he first heard Kashuv's racist statements he considered that "perhaps a young man deserves redemption." Jolly quickly discarded that notion, saying that "This story is greater than Harvard" because of the young man's racist and anti-Semitic statements and because he "referred to one of these shoot-em-up video games and suggested that they should put a map of that on his high school," according to private documents attributed to Kashuv that were leaked to HuffPo.

In a series of tweets on Monday Kashuv admitted that his comments were "offensive," "inflammatory," and "idiotic," but said the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School had changed him.

"Well, at that time, it was really a friend group on who can say the most shocking thing, the most extreme thing for the sake of shock value," Kashuv told Fox News' Ed Henry in an interview. “I’m extremely sorry for it and I wish I could take it back but I can’t.”

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/ex-congressman-parkland-survivor-kyle-kashuv-fits-school-shooter-profile-perhaps-should-not-be-allowed-to-purchase-a-gun/

STTAB
06-19-2019, 12:09 PM
The kid should have acted like a Democrat and simply denied saying any of those things.

Stupid conservatives admitting fault and such.

Abbey Marie
06-19-2019, 12:48 PM
This story brings two big-picture things to my mind:
1. Young folks need to learn that social media is not their friend
2. We desperately need more excellent conservative colleges