PDA

View Full Version : Is Biden a racist?

jimnyc
06-21-2019, 10:00 AM
Firstoff, my own opinion - no he is not.

But if the media and those running in 2020, all point to things that happened in the long past - then why didn't they say anything while he was in office for 8 years?

---

If Biden Is a Racist, Why Did the Media and Other Dems Let Him Stand Next to Obama for Eight Years?

I'm old enough to remember when Republicans called Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. a racist for saying things like, "In Delaware... you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent." They said he was a racist for opposing desegregation. They even said he was a racist for referring to Barack Obama as "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean." But of course, all those concerns were dismissed because Republicans Are Bad™. Biden spent eight full years as vice president of the United States, a heartbeat away from the presidency, and the media and all the other Democrats were just fine with it. More than fine. They were thrilled.

Now Biden is the Democratic Party's frontrunner for president in 2020, mainly because among the dozens of candidates, he's the only one most Americans could pick out of a lineup. "Biden? Isn't he the guy who was always hanging around with Obama? Yeah, I'd vote for him, I guess. At least he's not Trump."

And since the last time I typed some stuff about Biden, which was less than 24 hours ago, those same Dems have started turning on him. Now they're claiming he's a racist, and this time it matters because they're not Republicans.

David Rutz, Washington Free Beacon:

Former Vice President Joe Biden fired back at Sen. Cory Booker (D., N.J.) Wednesday for criticism of Biden's remarks about working constructively with segregationist lawmakers earlier in his career.

Biden defended his comments, saying his point was he was able to get things accomplished even when he didn't like his colleagues' views. Asked about Booker's call for him to apologize, Biden bristled...

Biden has drawn flak from Booker and other fellow 2020 Democratic presidential candidates after telling a fundraiser a day earlier about how at least there was "civility" in the Senate when he worked with segregationist Democrats like Mississippi Sen. James O. Eastland and Georgia Sen. Herman Talmadge.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/if-biden-is-a-racist-why-did-the-media-and-other-dems-let-him-stand-next-to-obama-for-eight-years/

Kathianne
06-21-2019, 10:03 AM
Not a bit of a racist. He misspeaks more than GW did, which is a task.

Everyone is a racist nowadays though.

I do not think that Trump is a racist, though I do think that he attracts them, purposefully.

jimnyc
06-21-2019, 10:13 AM

I do not think that Trump is a racist, though I do think that he attracts them, purposefully.

I think when democrats run for office, both they and the media suddenly start finding those they would like to support and start digging on the others. The right does similar when running. It's a stupid tactic when they do circular firing as one of them will then advance, with a bunch of ammo against them already.

But the racist crap is out of hand. It's like 75% if not more out there being labeled as such, is based on absolutely nothing more than political differences.

Biden is a dummy, a misspeaker as you said, likes to plagiarize, and is a touchy feely guy innocently I believe... I just never saw racism from him.

STTAB
06-21-2019, 10:16 AM

I don't think Biden is a racist either. And neither do the Democrats who are saying such about him, not any more than they believe Trump is. What they DO believe is that Trump and now Biden are in their way , so if calling them racists gets them out of the way, they'll do that.

As for Trump attracting racists. Meh who cares, racists gotta vote for someone. Plenty of racist niggers vote Democrat after all.

jimnyc
06-21-2019, 10:23 AM
I don't think Biden is a racist either. And neither do the Democrats who are saying such about him, not any more than they believe Trump is. What they DO believe is that Trump and now Biden are in their way , so if calling them racists gets them out of the way, they'll do that.

As for Trump attracting racists. Meh who cares, racists gotta vote for someone. Plenty of racist niggers vote Democrat after all.

Not for nothing and not feuding and not trying to go off topic....

While the N word is obviously not censored, or it would show up as ******. I chose not to because sometimes it needs to be used in context or part of a story.

I don't like to see it used open and freely. That's your choice to do so, but I think it only sullies what you say and the board/thread/post when anyone else sees it.

STTAB
06-21-2019, 10:59 AM
Not for nothing and not feuding and not trying to go off topic....

While the N word is obviously not censored, or it would show up as ******. I chose not to because sometimes it needs to be used in context or part of a story.

I don't like to see it used open and freely. That's your choice to do so, but I think it only sullies what you say and the board/thread/post when anyone else sees it.

I use it as a personal objection to the crying about how racist the word is as blacks call themselves such all the time. I mean my wife' family would NEVER call another Hispanic a beaner because they actually DO find the word offensive.

But I don't use it EVERY time.

Also, I was just trying to shock Kathy. :laugh2:

jimnyc
06-21-2019, 11:05 AM
I use it as a personal objection to the crying about how racist the word is as blacks call themselves such all the time. I mean my wife' family would NEVER call another Hispanic a beaner because they actually DO find the word offensive.

Oh, don't get me wrong, the issue of some being allowed and others not is retarded and I've discussed that here many a time! THAT is the main issue with it, is the daily use and love of the word by black people, but it being so demeaning if anyone else uses it. No, they should get rid of it altogether IF their goal is to not have people use the word. So I have always said, if they can say it then you're damn well can be certain that I can too. Same I found with queers. Use the word and people act offended. Then I point out about TV shows and endless other things where they themselves describe themselves as such. And same with beaner, but as pointed out, they don't run around calling themselves beaners either.

So I'll forever make that argument. And I may seem hypocritical, but it's not my opinion only in mind, I am responsible to the community, and the ladies of course.

I know you don't do it all the time. I'm just pointing out for future awareness, and of course with the hope that folks don't ever start using such daily and freely.

Kathianne
06-21-2019, 12:10 PM

I don't shock all that easily. I just think nasty opinions in my head. LOL! I would never rep a post with that word or the like, no matter how good a point the post might make.

Gunny
06-21-2019, 08:18 PM
I don't shock all that easily. I just think nasty opinions in my head. LOL! I would never rep a post with that word or the like, no matter how good a point the post might make.I would (rep a post with "that" word in it). I don't use it much unless the word itself is the object of my ire. I'm trying not to use it right now just so that can't be the objection to my argument.

Fear of a word makes it powerful every bit as much as those who use it. Take away the fear of the word, it has no power. I refuse to bow down to a word someone else picked to shame me with for no more reason than politics.

Elessar
06-21-2019, 08:22 PM
I would (rep a post with "that" word in it). I don't use it much unless the word itself is the object of my ire. I'm trying not to use it right now just so that can't be the objection to my argument.

Fear of a word makes it powerful every bit as much as those who use it. Take away the fear of the word, it has no power. I refuse to bow down to a word someone else picked to shame me with for no more reason than politics.
I fully agree. I do avoid using certain terms as they are only used in ignorant anger.
Good folks are smarter than that.