PDA

View Full Version : Decriminalize illegal immigration

jimnyc
06-21-2019, 10:42 AM
Do these people not realize that we already have several ways to immigrate legally into our country?

---

Leftist Rights Groups Press Congress to Decriminalize Illegal Immigration

Whether you love or hate everything that has gone on since President Trump has been in office, one thing is indisputable: leftists aren't being subtle about their positions anymore.

After years of paying lip service to the center and right while pretending they didn't want completely open borders, the "there are no illegal people" crowd is admitting that they do.

The Huffington Post:

Crossing the border without authorization should no longer be a crime, a group of nearly 250 immigrant defense and civil rights wrote in a letter to congressional leaders Wednesday, highlighting growing discontent with a nearly century-old law that President Donald Trump used to carry out his seven-week experiment with systematic family separations at the border.

The letter demands a broad rollback to immigration enforcement measures signed into law by Bill Clinton back in 1996, which critics view as the beginning of a major buildup of the detention and deportation systems.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/leftist-rights-groups-press-congress-to-decriminalize-illegal-immigration/

STTAB
06-21-2019, 11:03 AM
Do these people not realize that we already have several ways to immigrate legally into our country?

---

Leftist Rights Groups Press Congress to Decriminalize Illegal Immigration

Whether you love or hate everything that has gone on since President Trump has been in office, one thing is indisputable: leftists aren't being subtle about their positions anymore.

After years of paying lip service to the center and right while pretending they didn't want completely open borders, the "there are no illegal people" crowd is admitting that they do.

The Huffington Post:

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/leftist-rights-groups-press-congress-to-decriminalize-illegal-immigration/
What a bunch of fucking idiots. Crossing the border without authorization already is not a crime. It's a civil offense.

Kathianne
06-21-2019, 12:08 PM
Yep, there were 'open borders' folks even when I was in college in the 70's. They are more numerous or at least taken as serious now. Stupid idea.

STTAB
06-21-2019, 12:42 PM
Yep, there were 'open borders' folks even when I was in college in the 70's. They are more numerous or at least taken as serious now. Stupid idea.

But the bigger point is they are morons for wanting to decriminalize something that isn't even a crime to begin with.

Gunny
06-21-2019, 10:21 PM
We "had" open borders. The Dems caused them to get closed trying to play hardball with Trump. Until now, I had been able to cross the border whenever I wanted to all my life. Just need an ID (oops. Another inconvenient truth and "dirty" word).

Elessar
06-22-2019, 12:02 AM
What a bunch of fucking idiots. Crossing the border without authorization already is not a crime. It's a civil offense.

It is a Federal Crime.

Read the United States Code of Federal Regulations. That is U.S. Law.

USCFR, Title 18: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1325