PDA

View Full Version : 11th American dies in Dominican Republic

jimnyc
06-24-2019, 08:43 AM
No doubt something's up. I said that after like 3 deaths, but it just keeps going. And it's apparently more than the deaths, others getting sick as well.

---

New York man becomes 11th Dominican Republic vacation death

NEW YORK (FOX 5 NY) - As Dominican officials try to quell rising concerns among would-be travelers worldwide about safety there, the U.S. Department of State on Friday confirmed to Fox News the June 17 death of a New York business owner, Vittorio Caruso, 56, who died after becoming critically ill at the Boca Chica Resort in Santo Domingo.

Caruso's death is the third in a seven-day span in June, and he's the 11th American tourist to die in the Dominican Republic since last year. The case of another tourist, a woman from Pennsylvania who died in 2016 under similar circumstances, was made public by her family this past week after they read about the others and detected common threads.

The two other U.S. tourists who died this month are Leyla Cox, a 53-year-old hospital MRI technician from New York who was found dead in her hotel room on June 10, and Joseph Allen, 55, from New Jersey, who died in his room on June 13.

Rest - http://www.fox5dc.com/news/li-man-becomes-11th-dominican-republic-vacation-death

After deaths, more tourists to Dominican Republic say they were stricken with illness

(CNN)Their island getaways went bad in ways that sound similar: crippling stomach cramps, explosive diarrhea and malaise that lasted after they returned home.

But in some ways, they consider themselves lucky. They survived their trips to the Dominican Republic.

As reports of American tourists dying in the country continue to grab headlines, some travelers who fell violently ill tell CNN they wonder whether they may have escaped a worse fate.

More than a dozen reached out to Kaylynn Knull and Tom Schwander, a Colorado couple who were the focus of a CNN story this month, to share their accounts of being sickened. CNN interviewed most of them. Their experiences ranged from what they felt was most likely food poisoning or a virus to what seemed to be dire reactions to chemical contaminants.

Rest - https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/24/health/dominican-republic-sickness-deaths-invs/index.html

CSM
06-24-2019, 08:47 AM
yep, seems very suspicious to me. The flea bag government down there is struggling to cover the whole thing up and failing miserably at it.

jimnyc
06-24-2019, 08:52 AM
yep, seems very suspicious to me. The flea bag government down there is struggling to cover the whole thing up and failing miserably at it.

Exactly. One would think they would be swarming all over this and at least maybe have a form of a lead by now, or at least on the American news nightly expressing the importance of their investigation.

Look at when it's one of their own though - when former Red Sox player David Ortiz was just shot a week or 2 ago. Hell, they nailed 1 instantly, the other not far behind and then like 6 or more within 24-48. They were all over that one!

hjmick
06-24-2019, 04:27 PM
Geez... after ten you'd think people would stop going and those still there would get the hell out quick, fast and in a hurry...

I hear Costa Rico is nice... at least I haven't heard of tourists dying down there...

Elessar
06-24-2019, 04:40 PM
After all of these problems, perhaps the State Dept should put travel bans and
restrictions on U.S. Citizens until that third world shit-hole cleans up its act!

Somewhere down there, there is a common denominator and that needs to be found.