PDA

View Full Version : CPS investigation for no vaccines

jimnyc
06-25-2019, 07:14 AM
I have NO PROBLEM if a child is forbidden by any school from attending without vaccinations, whether public or private.

But I have a major problem if they're going to contact childrens services. If anything, toss them out of school. But an investigation for mistreatment and we know they like to take kids away from parents? No way.

And I DO NOT think kids should get any exemption and still be allowed in school, as the harm is still there. BUT, if a parent chooses to home school and does the responsible thing for OTHER children, then that's their right.

---

New York Parents With Unvaccinated Children Threatened with CPS Investigation

A new law in Albany, New York, requiring all school children, public and private, to be vaccinated by July in order to continue their education is causing confusion and panic. Parents in the Deer Park area have received a letter from Assistant Superintendent James Cummings explaining that "In the event that you do not follow this mandate we will be reaching out to Child Protective Services to alert them of your non-compliance."

PJ Media reached out to Cummings and confirmed that this is the letter he sent out on June 18. Cummings responded by email and contradicted his letter, saying, "The district will not be contacting CPS in these cases, but must uphold the new mandate of requiring vaccines to enroll or remain enrolled in the school." He chose not to explain why this letter says the opposite but did say a new one is going out today or tomorrow. Cummings declined to give PJ Media a copy of the new letter or expand on why the threat was included in the original.

Parents across New York who do not vaccinate for religious reasons and were using the religious exemption to place children in schools are receiving letters daily from educational institutions informing them they must comply or get out. Some parents have also received letters from summer camps disinviting their children, though the bill does not specify summer camps as included in the mandates, although the Department of Health issued a letter to summer camps demanding that they comply with the bill that targets schools. Further, parents with disabled children are being told their students will lose their IEP services if they homeschool. One parent reported on social media, "Our school district, Hilton, told me over the phone that anyone who isn't up-to-date on vaccinations, or doesn't comply with the CDC catch up schedule (even if their doctor recommends a different schedule), will not receive IEP services by law, not even homeschoolers." This appears to contradict state law regarding children with disabilities.

This memorandum is to inform you that, pursuant to Chapter 217 of the Laws of 2008, which was signed by the Governor on July 7, 2008, students with disabilities who are in home instruction programs pursuant to section 100.10 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education are eligible to receive special education services from their school district. The new law resulted from proposed legislation advanced by the State Education Department.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/new-york-parents-with-unvaccinated-children-threatened-with-cps-investigation/

Kathianne
06-25-2019, 07:29 AM
I have NO PROBLEM if a child is forbidden by any school from attending without vaccinations, whether public or private.

But I have a major problem if they're going to contact childrens services. If anything, toss them out of school. But an investigation for mistreatment and we know they like to take kids away from parents? No way.

And I DO NOT think kids should get any exemption and still be allowed in school, as the harm is still there. BUT, if a parent chooses to home school and does the responsible thing for OTHER children, then that's their right.

---

A new law in Albany, New York, requiring all school children, public and private, to be vaccinated by July in order to continue their education is causing confusion and panic. Parents in the Deer Park area have received a letter from Assistant Superintendent James Cummings explaining that "In the event that you do not follow this mandate we will be reaching out to Child Protective Services to alert them of your non-compliance."

PJ Media reached out to Cummings and confirmed that this is the letter he sent out on June 18. Cummings responded by email and contradicted his letter, saying, "The district will not be contacting CPS in these cases, but must uphold the new mandate of requiring vaccines to enroll or remain enrolled in the school." He chose not to explain why this letter says the opposite but did say a new one is going out today or tomorrow. Cummings declined to give PJ Media a copy of the new letter or expand on why the threat was included in the original.

Parents across New York who do not vaccinate for religious reasons and were using the religious exemption to place children in schools are receiving letters daily from educational institutions informing them they must comply or get out. Some parents have also received letters from summer camps disinviting their children, though the bill does not specify summer camps as included in the mandates, although the Department of Health issued a letter to summer camps demanding that they comply with the bill that targets schools. Further, parents with disabled children are being told their students will lose their IEP services if they homeschool. One parent reported on social media, "Our school district, Hilton, told me over the phone that anyone who isn't up-to-date on vaccinations, or doesn't comply with the CDC catch up schedule (even if their doctor recommends a different schedule), will not receive IEP services by law, not even homeschoolers." This appears to contradict state law regarding children with disabilities.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/new-york-parents-with-unvaccinated-children-threatened-with-cps-investigation/

I agree. The schools and any entity where children may gather have a duty to protect them. The parents can choose to send their children or not, via having the needed vaccinations.

They should NOT be threatened by the long arm of the government, they do need to make provisions to home school or online.

Gunny
06-25-2019, 09:49 AM

---

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/new-york-parents-with-unvaccinated-children-threatened-with-cps-investigation/An administrative action is immediately perceived as a threat. As far as I am concerned, if you choose to home school, you've already left an open invitation for a CPS visit. ANd I have nothing against home-schooling. Provided it is actually done.