PDA

View Full Version : Mom shoots guy down at party - he shoots her in return

jimnyc
06-25-2019, 10:38 AM
So he hits on a girl, then MAKES her hold hands with him? Then tries to make her sit in his lap? And she shot him down - so he SHOT her, or so he thought, and he shot her baby instead. He should get due process as in - "Why shouldn't you die right now for your horrible crime?" and that's about it if it were up to me.

----

Mom Rejected Man's Advances at a Party So He Allegedly Shot Her Baby in the Head: 'He Had No Remorse'

A 10-month-old baby girl is clinging to life after being shot in the head allegedly by a man who made unwanted advances at her mother.

The horrifying incident unfolded early Sunday morning at around 4 a.m. when Deziree Menagh, 18, was leaving a house party in the Hammond area of Fresno, California with her daughter Fayth Percy, Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer said in a news conference shared by Fox 26 News and ABC 30.

At the event, Menagh met Marcus Echartea, who allegedly forced her to hold his hand, Dyer said during the conference.

According to police, Menagh quickly grew uncomfortable and pulled away. She then ran outside to tell her friends what had happened.

Moments later, Echartea found Menagh outside and allegedly tried to get her to sit on his lap Dyer said.

Menagh pulled away once again and ran inside the house to get her daughter. She then left the party with a male friend.

Menagh and her friend had made it just a few blocks away when they noticed Echartea walking towards the car, Dyer said.

Echartea then pulled out a handgun and fired multiple rounds into the driver’s window, striking Fayth on the side of her head as she was sitting in her Menagh’s arms, Dyer alleged.

Menagh’s friend quickly dialed 911 and the baby was rushed to a hospital where she is listed in “critical, but stable condition,” Dyer said.

Dyer also shared that Fayth underwent surgery to remove bullet fragments from her head.

Echartea was later arrested inside the home where the party was held.

“It should shock the conscience of every person in Fresno to know that we have a 10-month-old baby lying in the hospital fighting for her life,” Dyer said in the news conference.

After being taken into police custody, Echartea showed “he had no remorse,” Dyer said.

“When our detectives brought him downtown… he had just shot a 10-month-old baby and didn’t seem to care or it didn’t phase him,” Dyer continued.

Dyer also shared that Menagh and Fayth’s dad Bennie Percy have not left the child’s side and are praying for her recovery.

At this time, a gun found at the scene is undergoing ballistic testing to determine whether or not it was the weapon used in the shooting.

During the conference, Dyer explained that Echartea is also believed to be responsible for an additional shooting that took place on May 27. He allegedly fired several shots into a home, with one round hitting just a foot away from a one-year-old child.

He is now facing felony charges, including attempted murder, for the shooting involving Fayth and the May shooting. He will appear in court later this week, the Los Angeles Times reported.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mom-rejected-mans-advances-party-055619174.html

STTAB
06-25-2019, 10:40 AM
So many questionable choices here , I'll start with the less obvious.

Why the fuck was this woman having a party where people who carry guns were at her house at 4 AM with a baby in the house?

Gunny
06-25-2019, 10:44 AM
So many questionable choices here , I'll start with the less obvious.

Why the fuck was this woman having a party where people who carry guns were at her house at 4 AM with a baby in the house?Good questions. Then again, why do shoot some girl at a party for saying no? People and their overreactions are just WAY over the top for me nowadays. It's like the mentality of some guys that it is their RIGHT to be told yes :rolleyes: Just move on down the line. Geez

STTAB
06-25-2019, 10:48 AM
Good questions. Then again, why do shoot some girl at a party for saying no? People and their overreactions are just WAY over the top for me nowadays. It's like the mentality of some guys that it is their RIGHT to be told yes :rolleyes: Just move on down the line. Geez

In my single days I was never told no, so can't say for sure how I would have reacted, but I'm fairly certain it wouldn't involve shooting anyone.

Gunny
06-25-2019, 11:01 AM
In my single days I was never told no, so can't say for sure how I would have reacted, but I'm fairly certain it wouldn't involve shooting anyone.A girl's never told you she wasn't interested? Of course, I'm thinking HS and pre-USMC (still a teen), but I've been told not interested a few times. Disappointing, but not the end of the world. I'd just ask if they had a sister (j/k):laugh:

The number of guys I've seen and/or heard of that completely lose their minds for being turned down just boggles the mind. But to shoot someone over it? That's a bit much. Your dates aren't going to be girls anymore.

STTAB
06-25-2019, 11:05 AM
A girl's never told you she wasn't interested? Of course, I'm thinking HS and pre-USMC (still a teen), but I've been told not interested a few times. Disappointing, but not the end of the world. I'd just ask if they had a sister (j/k):laugh:

The number of guys I've seen and/or heard of that completely lose their minds for being turned down just boggles the mind. But to shoot someone over it? That's a bit much. Your dates aren't going to be girls anymore.

Nope was never told no. I Mean that's not so much me bragging about how studly I am, it's just that I didn't ask that many women out . Was married at 19, divorced at 23. That bitch scared me off of dating for longer than I care to admit then I dated one woman for several years then didn't date again for a bit and then at age 33 I met the perfect woman.