PDA

View Full Version : The 'slavery' at our borders is barbaric

jimnyc
06-25-2019, 11:13 AM
So says activist George Takei. :rolleyes:

This guy is out of his lying mind and delusional - as he is on many subjects he likes to make up shit about. Just toss in slavery, that oughta get some sympathy, huh Georgie? I'm betting that maybe a few slaves from back in the day may disagree, and may trade their place with being detained at the border for trying to come in illegally.

I couldn't find anything doing similar while Obama was in office. Odd? But I found where others pointed out his hypocrisy, and he acted shocked that it happened during Obama's term too. Apparently it wasn't widely reported on. :rolleyes:

Another lame hypocrite. I'll give him an ounce of credit for at least admitting he was nailed.

---

George Takei Compares Border Enforcement to Slavery: ‘It Is Barbaric’

Star Trek actor George Takei imagines that enforcing American immigration laws is somehow the same thing as “slavery.”

Jumping on the bandwagon that the same U.S. immigration laws that have been in place for decades in the United State are now the epitome of evil under President Donald Trump’s administration.

“This nation has a long and tragic history of separating children from their parents, ever since the days of slavery. We must end this practice. It is barbaric,” George Takei said on Monday.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/06/25/george-takei-compares-border-enforcement-to-slavery-it-is-barbaric/

Set phasers for SHOCKED! George Takei discovers this border issue also existed under Obama but ‘wasn’t widely reported'

As Twitchy has reported, the use of tear gas at the border has had many in the media reporting the news as if it’s some sort of unprecedented human rights violation exclusive to the Trump administration. The truth is, however, much different:

https://i.imgur.com/SzP5a97.png

Frequent Trump critic George Takei has slammed the use of tear gas at the border, but since made a discovery:

https://i.imgur.com/zCBwf1R.png

Rest - https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/11/28/set-phasers-for-shocked-george-takei-discovers-this-border-issue-also-existed-under-obama-but-wasnt-widely-reported/

Gunny
06-25-2019, 11:22 AM
Seems to me those migrants are free to take their happy little asses back to Guatemala any time they want.

STTAB
06-25-2019, 11:51 AM
You really have to wonder why people like Sulu don't ever comment on the barbaric way in which those people are treated on the trip up here.

If they TRULY cared about doing the most humane thing they would want illegal immigration stopped at all costs

Gunny
06-25-2019, 12:36 PM
You really have to wonder why people like Sulu don't ever comment on the barbaric way in which those people are treated on the trip up here.

If they TRULY cared about doing the most humane thing they would want illegal immigration stopped at all costsI probably wouldn't be as against the Dems as I am if I thought for even a second they honestly had the best interest of the people in their hearts and minds and wanted to save the downtrodden. Misguided still, I could at least respect that.

But they just want an instant influx of votes. In reality, they can't even keep their promises to the poor in THIS country.

STTAB
06-25-2019, 12:43 PM
I probably wouldn't be as against the Dems as I am if I thought for even a second they honestly had the best interest of the people in their hearts and minds and wanted to save the downtrodden. Misguided still, I could at least respect that.

But they just want an instant influx of votes. In reality, they can't even keep their promises to the poor in THIS country.

Bingo if I actually believed that they cared about people and just had a different view about how to best help the truly needy I'd respect that. But they don't. They only care about POWER, and that's proven every day. EVERY single Democrat who is "someone" in DC has at least one record of them somewhere being anti illegal immigration. Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, any of the idiots running for President, yada yada yada . And there arguments were the same as Trump's now, bad for the economy, higher crime, etc etc. What has changed, is illegal immigration suddenly good for the country ? Of course not, the political calculation has changed and so it's time to say power over principles.

If Kamala Harris thought for one moment that being anti illegal immigration would get her the DNC nomination, she would be anti illegal immigration tomorrow and just pretend like all her rhetoric before never happened. Just like Joe Biden with the Hyde Amendment. He didn't change his mind about that, he simply realized that "oops I need to pander"

Gunny
06-25-2019, 01:05 PM
Bingo if I actually believed that they cared about people and just had a different view about how to best help the truly needy I'd respect that. But they don't. They only care about POWER, and that's proven every day. EVERY single Democrat who is "someone" in DC has at least one record of them somewhere being anti illegal immigration. Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, any of the idiots running for President, yada yada yada . And there arguments were the same as Trump's now, bad for the economy, higher crime, etc etc. What has changed, is illegal immigration suddenly good for the country ? Of course not, the political calculation has changed and so it's time to say power over principles.

If Kamala Harris thought for one moment that being anti illegal immigration would get her the DNC nomination, she would be anti illegal immigration tomorrow and just pretend like all her rhetoric before never happened. Just like Joe Biden with the Hyde Amendment. He didn't change his mind about that, he simply realized that "oops I need to pander"Oh I remember a lot of the Dem BS. Like Elian Gonzales being handed over to a communist country. Or Clinton's hard line on illegal immigration.

At the same time, BOTH parties have paid lip service to actually doing anything meaningful about it out of fear of losing the Hispanic-American vote. I've said for at least going on my 3rd decade that one day someone is going to have to actually do something about it because it was out of hand 30 years ago and that the one doing so would be demonized and the "bad guy". And sure enough ...

It's a lot nastier than I ever imagined, but politics in general is. I basically would not have believed anyone prior to 08 had they predicted what has occurred in this country/politics since 08. I still just stare at the screen sometimes.

STTAB
06-25-2019, 01:30 PM
Oh I remember a lot of the Dem BS. Like Elian Gonzales being handed over to a communist country. Or Clinton's hard line on illegal immigration.

At the same time, BOTH parties have paid lip service to actually doing anything meaningful about it out of fear of losing the Hispanic-American vote. I've said for at least going on my 3rd decade that one day someone is going to have to actually do something about it because it was out of hand 30 years ago and that the one doing so would be demonized and the "bad guy". And sure enough ...

It's a lot nastier than I ever imagined, but politics in general is. I basically would not have believed anyone prior to 08 had they predicted what has occurred in this country/politics since 08. I still just stare at the screen sometimes.

Without question the GOP are just as much to blame as the Democrats. I actually loathe them more than Democrats. There is a reason the wall didn't get built in Trump's first year and that reason is the douchebag named Paul Ryan.

FakeNewsSux
06-25-2019, 03:10 PM
I probably wouldn't be as against the Dems as I am if I thought for even a second they honestly had the best interest of the people in their hearts and minds and wanted to save the downtrodden. Misguided still, I could at least respect that.

Mr. Sulu has the correct 'gut instinct' about slavery at the southern border but like most progressives, looks in the wrong direction for blame. Like all good progressives, blame must be placed on Republicans/Trump for the morally distasteful aspects of the influx of undereducated, low skill 'labor' entering the country. But also like all good progressives, they relish the low cost agricultural goods, cheap housing construction costs, cheap home care costs, cheap drugs and cheap/underage sex partners.

Kathianne
06-25-2019, 03:14 PM
Mr. Sulu has the correct 'gut instinct' about slavery at the southern border but like most progressives, looks in the wrong direction for blame. Like all good progressives, blame must be placed on Republicans/Trump for the morally distasteful aspects of the influx of undereducated, low skill 'labor' entering the country. But also like all good progressives, they relish the low cost agricultural goods, cheap housing construction costs, cheap home care costs, cheap drugs and cheap/underage sex partners.

You're right about the Democrats trying to lay every wrong at the feet of Trump and GOP. Then again, show me one time that the right wing during the last 2 years haven't blamed every single error, forced or not, but Trump & Co., on the Democrats.

There is so much blame and hatred going around, can't unravel it.

Kathianne
06-25-2019, 03:19 PM
Playing politics with infants and children is probably not a good move. Please send that to Pelosi and Trump:

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/06/25/border-patrol-acting-commissioner-john-sanders-resigns/

Border Patrol Acting Commissioner John Sanders ResignsJOHN SEXTONPosted at 4:01 pm on June 25, 2019

John Sanders has only been the Acting Commissioner for Customs and Border Protection for a little over two months but today he announced his resignation effective July 5th. The NY Times was the first to report it:

The Customs and Border Protection agency’s acting commissioner, John Sanders, is expected to step down in the coming weeks as the government’s primary border enforcement executive, a federal official said Tuesday, a development that comes as the agency faces continuing public fury over the treatment of detained migrant children…

The official who confirmed his resignation, who requested anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the matter, said it was not clear whether the impending resignation was connected to recent criticism over the agency’s management of a large influx of migrant families along the border.

Sanders got the job in April after DHS Director Kristjen Nielsen resigned and was replaced by then-CBP Commissioner Kevin McAleenan. As the Times reported, it’s not clear why Sanders is stepping down but it may have something to do with the recent news report on a detention center in Clint, Texas. From the Associated Press story last week:

A 2-year-old boy locked in detention wants to be held all the time. A few girls, ages 10 to 15, say they’ve been doing their best to feed and soothe the clingy toddler who was handed to them by a guard days ago. Lawyers warn that kids are taking care of kids, and there’s inadequate food, water and sanitation for the 250 infants, children and teens at the Border Patrol station.

After that report, CBP moved 300 kids out of the Clint facility. But today, officials said 100 children were being returned to the site:

U.S. government officials say they’ve moved more than 100 kids back to a remote border facility where lawyers reported detained children were caring for each other and had inadequate food, water, and sanitation.

An official from U.S. Customs and Border Protection said Tuesday that the “majority” of the roughly 300 children detained at Clint, Texas, last week have been placed in facilities operated by the Office of Refugee Resettlement.

The official, who briefed reporters on the condition of anonymity, wouldn’t say exactly how many children are currently detained there. But the official says Clint is better equipped than some of the Border Patrol’s tents to hold children.

There isn’t any word yet on who will be taking over the CBP job but, at this moment, I can’t imagine who would want it. Even if the House passes an emergency funding bill today, it will take time to put that money to use and sort out the overwhelmed agency.

Meanwhile, Democrats never let a crisis go to waste and that includes the current crisis at the border. They are going to continue to make political hay out of this mess even though a) they never seemed to care about these conditions when Obama was President, b) Republicans have been saying for months that CBP was overwhelmed while Democrats called it a “manufactured crisis” and c) the solutions favored by many progressives (abolish ICE, eliminate detention centers) would inevitably make the situation worse.

So best of luck to whoever they find to take on this job next. He (or she) is going to need it.

STTAB
06-25-2019, 03:25 PM
Playing politics with infants and children is probably not a good move. Please send that to Pelosi and Trump:

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/06/25/border-patrol-acting-commissioner-john-sanders-resigns/

That's why I said Trump should take the money that Congress had given the State Department for foreign aid to South American countires and Trump said no and spend it on facilities to house these people , especially the kids. Kids don't deserve to be the pawns in this crap.

FakeNewsSux
06-25-2019, 03:28 PM
You're right about the Democrats trying to lay every wrong at the feet of Trump and GOP. Then again, show me one time that the right wing during the last 2 years haven't blamed every single error, forced or not, but Trump & Co., on the Democrats.

There is so much blame and hatred going around, can't unravel it.

I share your frustration with the direction of politics in the country but I think there is a reason for it. The Democrats have always viewed politics as a bloodsport. They will do or say anything to win more power for themselves. Republicans, on the other hand, have always responded in the defensive by giving in to Democrat demands simply to demonstrate that they are not racist, homophobic, islamophobic, haters, etc. The difference with Trump is that he finally tapped into mainstream conservative angst that there was no one fighting for them in Washington.

The old paradigm only gave us a more radicalized Democrat Party and a more feckless Republican Party. Hopefully the new paradigm will convert one Party from a punching bag to a formidable opponent and eventually bring rationality back to political debate.

Kathianne
06-25-2019, 03:37 PM
I share your frustration with the direction of politics in the country but I think there is a reason for it. The Democrats have always viewed politics as a bloodsport. They will do or say anything to win more power for themselves. Republicans, on the other hand, have always responded in the defensive by giving in to Democrat demands simply to demonstrate that they are not racist, homophobic, islamophobic, haters, etc. The difference with Trump is that he finally tapped into mainstream conservative angst that there was no one fighting for them in Washington.

The old paradigm only gave us a more radicalized Democrat Party and a more feckless Republican Party. Hopefully the new paradigm will convert one Party from a punching bag to a formidable opponent and eventually bring rationality back to political debate.

So, how is the 'new normal' working for the country? Not for Republicans or Trump supporters, but for the country. Personally I see some very significant short term gains domestically; something like getting Mexico doing their part may be a very significant long term help; thought the 'talks' with North Korea might truly be helpful, but alas not so much feeling that now; long term problems with allies, trust, and possible new alliances.

I think the problems with the man may have some long-term fallout, just like Obama's pro-Islam take is costing and will cost us years from now.

Domestic missteps ebb and flow, international tend towards lasting repercussions.

Kathianne
06-25-2019, 05:23 PM
I know the poor folks there have way too much to do, but they are kids that are suffering:

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/06/24/texas-border-facility-donations-turned-away/

People want to donate diapers and toys to children at Border Patrol facilities in Texas. They’re being turned away.

A Border Patrol official told a state lawmaker that the agency doesn't accept donations for facilities where children are reportedly being held in substandard conditions.
BY ALEX SAMUELS (https://www.texastribune.org/about/staff/alex-samuels/)JUNE 24, 20194 PM

*Editor's note: This story was updated Tuesday to include information from a former U.S. Customs and Border Protection advisor about why the agency isn't accepting donations.

On Sunday, Austin Savage and five of his friends huddled into an SUV and went to an El Paso Target, loading up on diapers, wipes, soaps and toys.

About $340 later, the group headed to a Border Patrol facility holding migrant children in nearby Clint with the goal of donating their goods. Savage said he and his friends had read an article from The New York Times detailing chaos, sickness and filth in the overcrowded facility, and they wanted to help.

“A good friend of mine is an immigration attorney, and he warned us that we were going to get rejected,” Savage said. “We were aware of that, but it’s just the idea of doing something as opposed to passively allowing this to occur.”

Border Patrol facilities are only supposed to hold detained migrants for a short period of time, until they are processed. But an influx of migrants along the southwest border has stretched facilities in places like Clint and McAllen beyond capacity, leading to what people who have visited them have called unsafe and unsanitary conditions.

A slew of other sympathetic people, advocacy groups and lawmakers on both sides of the political aisle have expressed a desire to lend a hand to the kids housed in the facilities. But after purchasing items like toys, soap, toothbrushes, diapers and medicine — especially as news reports circulate of facilities having drinking water that tastes like bleach and sick children without enough clothing — they’ve been met with a common message: No donations are being accepted.

“It makes me feel powerless knowing there’s children taking care of toddlers and little kids,” said Gabriel Acuña, who grew up in Clint and attempted to visit the facility in his hometown Sunday morning. “Knowing what’s happening in your community and that you can’t give these kids supplies to clean or clothe themselves — it’s heartbreaking.

“For God’s sake, they’re kids, man.”

An official with Border Patrol did not respond to a request for comment, but Theresa Brown, a former policy advisor for U.S. Customs and Border Protections, said there’s a legal reason why Border Patrol and other government agencies aren’t accepting donations from do-gooders.

Under the Antideficiency Act, the government can’t spend any money or accept any donations other than what Congress has allocated to it. The theory behind not accepting donations, Brown said, is so that the government isn’t beholden to private-sector entities for what should be appropriated government actions.

“It’s partially a constitutional thing about Congress controlling the purse and only being able to spend money that Congress gives, but it’s also about ethics,” she said, “Without a change in law, DHS, CPB and Border Patrol cannot accept those private donations.”

Drummond
06-25-2019, 05:38 PM

Is the Democratic Party a Leftist Party, or not ?

I know very little about the Dems (i.e their precise political 'character'), other than by comparison, their direction is Leftist. Given this truth, I can say what, as a Leftist political force, the Dems should really be all about.

As you say ... to them, it's about grabbing power. Of course. Then, having grabbed it, they wield it in a manner of their choosing.

The Left has specific goals: to wield power over people, but in a way that this power, this control, is ultimately as absolute as is possible. This means crafting opinion, then creating a political climate where to even think in an 'undesirable' way is rendered impossible.

Think Orwell's book, '1984'. It comes close to the Left's idea of utopia.

The hard-bitten Leftist cares not a jot for individuals - ANY individuals - moving across your southern border. No. A CAUSE is being fought for, and that cause is a means to an end ... part of the 'attitude crafting' effort Leftists embark upon to make attitudes more completely match their own, in ever-increasing numbers of people.

It's a propaganda war.

This needs to be exposed for what it is.

Injecting efforts of demonisation in any way helps the attitude-crafting process, and I'm getting the impression that sensitivity towards childrens' 'plight' is being manufactured so that the true issue is muddied. Law is law, and illegals are illegals ... AHH ... BUT ... the American people are meant to concentrate on this, less and less.

Why ? So that the Leftist agenda is advanced. The Left wants to create 'politically correct' exceptions, because in creating them, standards are undermined. Set that precedent ... and the door is opened for more of them.

Ad infinitum.

So, do the Left win ? Or, should a more correct focus be employed ? One in which laws are respected, what underpins them ditto .. and talk (or the merest suggestion) of 'slavery' and 'children suffering' on the southern border is seen as the propagandist goldmine that the Left can, and will, exploit ruthlessly.

If, in fact, there's any 'suffering' at all, RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT STEMS FROM THOSE WHO ILLEGALLY INVADED.

It's that simple.

I say: don't submit to the Left's 'blame game' tactics, because they exist for a reason.

I suggest it's not a good reason.

STTAB
06-26-2019, 09:17 AM
I know the poor folks there have way too much to do, but they are kids that are suffering:

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/06/24/texas-border-facility-donations-turned-away/

The law is probably a good thing, even if it looks bad on the face of it. For one thing, just imagine how much work would be created for already overburdened DHS workers at these facilities if they suddeny had to start dealing with taking in and tracking donations....

Kathianne
06-26-2019, 11:03 AM
The law is probably a good thing, even if it looks bad on the face of it. For one thing, just imagine how much work would be created for already overburdened DHS workers at these facilities if they suddeny had to start dealing with taking in and tracking donations....

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying about their being overworked. Did you hear about the asshats at Wayfair?

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/06/26/wayfair-workers-strike-sales-migrant-facilities/

Seems the border control people ordered $200k worth of beds for these kids from Wayfair. When the workers found out, they scheduled a strike in protest-because, well, Trump.
Horrible, horrible excuses for 'caring' humans. Scum. I don't like Trump, but we're talking about kids. I don't like illegals crossing, but we're talking about kids. Damn.

Drummond
06-26-2019, 11:31 AM
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying about their being overworked. Did you hear about the asshats at Wayfair?

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/06/26/wayfair-workers-strike-sales-migrant-facilities/

Seems the border control people ordered $200k worth of beds for these kids from Wayfair. When the workers found out, they scheduled a strike in protest-because, well, Trump.
Horrible, horrible excuses for 'caring' humans. Scum. I don't like Trump, but we're talking about kids. I don't like illegals crossing, but we're talking about kids. Damn.

Yes, well.

This is just the reaction that the Left, over time, can and will exploit ... if they can get this to be reflected in lots of people.

They'll say ... yes, we should all care about the children.

And it'll make the children happier, better cared for, if they are kept with their parents, and their parents also fare well. Happy parents are far better equipped to care about their childrens' welfare.

So, their parents must also be looked after well.

So, yes, they're illegals. But, for the sake of their children, other considerations other than the law 'must' apply ... ultimately, supersede the law.

Widespread acceptance of this will have people side with Leftists who want to undermine that rule of law. So .. the Left wins.

So do the illegals.

See how it happens ? One attitude-precedent leads to others, a domino effect. My question is: MUST the Left keep winning such battles ??

Or, should they be stopped ?

STTAB
06-26-2019, 11:36 AM

Bernie Sander's "stand with the strikers" on his Facebook page, I posted that I hope they all get fired. The post was deleted.