PDA

View Full Version : Democrat Debate

jimnyc
06-27-2019, 06:28 AM
So who watched? Anyone?

I watched some but not the whole thing. I didn't want to sicken myself watching the stage full of giveaways and stupidity. :rolleyes: I also thought it was plain old boring. Then some started speaking in Spanish. :rolleyes:

Here's a few takes on it. I'm sure they are all ever so worried that AOC didn't like it. I'm sure the bartender thinks she could do better. :rolleyes:

"And then like, they discussed things, and like, you know, it didn't make sense, and like, Americans, you know, like we need to have sense, and like..."

---

AOC on Dem Debate: Like High School Kids Who Didn’t Seem to Read the Book

Wednesday on CBS’s “The Late Show,” Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) said “some folks” during the MSNBC Democratic candidates’ debate were like high school students who “didn’t seem like they read the book.”

Partial transcript as follows:

OCASIO-CORTEZ: I think sometimes with the debate stage this big, it can kind of seem like a high school classroom, and so there are some folks that, like, didn’t seem like they read the book, and then they got called on. And then —

COLBERT: Anybody in particular?

OCASIO-CORTEZ: “You know, you kind of like— it depends on the question. So— so they’ll answer the question or they’ll get called on, and I don’t think some candidates thought that they were going to get called on, on a certain question. And they’ll be like, “Yes, the hero was courageous and the protagonist of the story.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/06/26/aoc-on-dem-debate-like-high-school-kids-who-didnt-seem-to-read-the-book/

Democrats Disappoint Hollywood During First Debate

Hollywood was largely disappointed during the first Democratic presidential debate on Wednesday night, with reaction spanning from pillory to praise to panic.

“I already heard six candidates tonight that can see themselves out, permanently,” actress Amber Tamblyn fumed, sounding unenthused with over half of the Democratic candidates on the debate stage.

https://i.imgur.com/8vGJPjw.png

“Not a promising start,” said HBO late-night host Bill Maher, who pointed out how most of the candidates dodged the first question and failed to answer how they could justify pushing sweeping economic policy while a large majority of America (and 60 percent of Democrats) say they are doing well in President Trump’s economy.

“Nobody came close to answering the first question, a good one: With 70% saying they like the economy, shld we make radical changes to it? Only interchangable chunks from the stump speeches. You’re going to have to answer that at some point, guess not tonite,” the Real Time host said.

https://i.imgur.com/4FSn72N.png

Actor Don Cheadle seemed completely put off by the debate halfway through the first hour. “why don’t we just have running color commentary from the booth and a scoreboard and throw instant replay in there too to make it all complete …?” the Avengers: End game star suggested.

https://i.imgur.com/bC7SAMi.png

Actor Michael Ian Black said, “I’ll start watching the debates when we’ve whittled it down to the top 100 candidates.”

Actor Billy Eichner was apparently disappointed by all 10 Democrats on the stage Wednesday night, and declared that he’s “voting for Hillary.”

Voting for Hillary.

— billy eichner (@billyeichner) June 27, 2019

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/06/26/democrats-disappoint-hollywood-during-first-debate/

jimnyc
06-27-2019, 06:46 AM
Polls are interesting, but I never live off of them. And I honestly don't see Warren or Gabbard there at the end.

---

Gabbard Triumphs – Initial Online Polls Say She Wins The Day

Initial online polls show that Democratic presidential candidate, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, won the first Democractic Presidential debate.

In a Drudge Report online poll, Gabbard has 41.63% with 31,114 votes. Her closest rival, Elizabeth Warren, has 11.94% with 8,925 votes. So far, 74,736 votes were surveyed for Drudge’s poll.

Other online surveys from the Washington Examiner, NJ.com and Heavy all point towards similar results with Gabbard winning almost every early online poll. Each poll shows her averaging between 30% – 40% of the total vote.

Washington Examiner has her coming on top with 39.22% of the vote, NJ.com shows Gabbard with 34.67% and the Heavy has her at 32.24%.

It’s important to note that these polls are hardly scientific and may not be representative of everyone who watched the debate.

However, Google Trends showed that there was an increased interest in Gabbard; revealing she was the most searched Democratic candidate at the conclusion of the debate.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/27/gabbard-triumphs-initial-online-polls-wins-debate/

Tulsi Gabbard — And America — Wonder Why Warren Is Getting ‘More Time’ In Debate

Democratic Hawaii Sen. Tulsi Gabbard, along with a fair few Americans, wondered why it seemed like Elizabeth Warren was getting more time than the other candidates during the first Democratic presidential debate Wednesday.

Gabbard tweeted a comment that she said was made by her sister, saying, “It’s clear who MSNBC wants to be president: Elizabeth Warren. They’re giving her more time than all the other candidates combined. They aren’t giving any time to Tulsi at all.”

It’s clear who MSNBC wants to be president: Elizabeth Warren. They’re giving her more time than all the other candidates combined. They aren’t giving any time to Tulsi at all. -V (Tulsi’s sister)

— Tulsi Gabbard (@TulsiGabbard) June 27, 2019

Gabbard wasn’t the only one who thought so.

Warren gets first question and last closing. @TulsiGabbard was right, NBC wants Warren.

— VBTheWise (@VBTheWise) June 27, 2019

Really enjoying Question Time with Elizabeth Warren.

— Ben Shapiro (@benshapiro) June 27, 2019

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/26/tulsi-gabbard-warren-more-time-debate/

jimnyc
06-27-2019, 07:51 AM
Here's some articles from CNN I just found while there reading about the debate from their angle.

I don't mind Spanish speaking folks, but this is America. I'm not listening to or attempting to respond to such.

Yes, we are a diverse country. So take your freebies and how about sending them to learn English?

---

Democrats invoke a post-Trump America in first half of debate derby

(CNN)It's halftime in the first big clash of a new season of presidential politics.

Ten Democratic hopefuls took the stage on Wednesday night, invoking a vision of a more diverse and economically balanced America after an era of name-calling and nationalist conservatism under President Donald Trump.

The rest of the party's crowded 2020 field will follow on Thursday to fire their first shots in their party's battle to make Trump a one termer.

Early reviews gave bragging rights from Wednesday to Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro and New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker.

In round two, the front-runner Joe Biden, Sen. Bernie Sanders and Sen. Kamala Harris among others can seize on the opening night's clashes and big moments to refine their own arguments to forge a dominant early impression in voters' minds.

Rest - https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/27/politics/election-2020-democrats-debates-donald-trump/index.html

Winners and losers from the 1st 2020 Democratic debate

(CNN)The first debate of the 2020 Democratic nomination fight is in the books!

With 10 candidates onstage, their answers limited to 60 seconds and most of the candidates unwilling to engage one another, the debate was less a debate than a series of one-minute speeches.

I watched the whole thing and picked out some of the best -- and the worst -- from the night that was. (And I'll be doing the same in Thursday's debate!) They're below.

WINNERS

* Elizabeth Warren: Yes, she got more questions than anyone else. And, yes, she didn't directly answer all of them. But Warren -- especially in the early parts of the debate, when the most people were watching -- was the straw that stirs the drink in the debate. (She did disappear somewhat in the second hour.) The debate began on home turf for her -- talking about economic inequality. And Warren's hand-raising when all of the candidates were asked whether they supported abolishing private insurance (only Bill de Blasio joined her) was a strong message to liberals watching that she was proud of who she was and what she believed. Warren came into the debate with the momentum in the race. Nothing she did on Wednesday night will stop that momentum.

* Cory Booker: The senator from New Jersey won't be the big star coming out of Wednesday's debate -- my guess is that Castro will be that person -- but he found a way to inject himself into most of the conversations during the night -- even those where he wasn't directly asked. Booker had the most talking time of any of the 10 candidates; talking the most isn't always a sign of victory, but when you are someone like Booker who is just trying to get his name out there, it's a pretty good measure. One caveat: For all of that talking, is there a memorable line from Booker coming out of this debate? I don't think so.

* Julián Castro: The former San Antonio mayor had been running below the radar -- WAY below the radar -- until Wednesday night. That is likely to change after his performance, in which he was able to carve out a remarkable amount of speaking time for a candidate polling somewhere between 0% and 1%. (An hour into the debate, Castro had spoken as much as Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, who is in the midteens in national polling, according to a count kept by The Washington Post. Hugely helpful!) Castro's battering of Beto O'Rourke on immigration was hard to watch (especially if you were related to O'Rourke), but a clear win for Castro.

LOSERS

* Beto O'Rourke: Hard to watch. Badly out of his depth from a policy perspective. Too rehearsed in his answers. The idea of him starting his first answer of the debate by speaking Spanish might have seemed like a good idea in his debate prep room but it played as pandering and overly planned in the moment. If one of O'Rourke's goals coming into this debate was to show he was more than a good-looking but sort of empty vessel, it, um, didn't work.

* NBC's sound people: It's never a good thing when there are hot mics when there shouldn't be. It's even worse when the tech people can't fix that problem quickly and you have to go to an unplanned break. And it's disastrously bad when the President of the United States takes to Twitter to say this: ".@NBCNews and @MSNBC should be ashamed of themselves for having such a horrible technical breakdown in the middle of the debate. Truly unprofessional and only worthy of a FAKE NEWS Organization, which they are!"

* 10-person debates: Within the first 10 minutes of the debate, it was clear that 10 candidates onstage is too many. It's just not possible to get any clear sense of a) who the candidates are or b) what they believe with so many of them onstage. I understand that the Democratic National Committee wanted to welcome as many candidates as possible, but I am already looking forward to the fall debates where the DNC's more stringent qualifying criteria mean there may be fewer candidates onstage.

* O'Rourke: I know I already named him as a "loser." But he was so bad that he needs to be on the list twice.

* Amy Klobuchar: I had high expectations for the senator from Minnesota because she has shown the capacity to rise to the occasion: Witness her star turn in the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation hearings. But she just never really got started. She tried a few canned lines ("Uncle Dick in the deer blind," "All foam, no beer") but none of them really hit. I'm interested to see whether Klobuchar is able to qualify for the next debate after this so-so performance.

* Bill de Blasio: If interrupting as rudely as possible was an Olympic sport, the New York mayor would be the gold medal winner.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/26/politics/who-won-democratic-debate/index.html

Democrats tried to speak Spanish at the debate. How'd they do?

(CNN)When Beto O'Rourke opened the first Democratic debate by answering a question about tax rates in Spanish, he appeared to get some shade from Sen. Cory Booker.

The New Jersey Democrat initially looked taken aback, impressed or jealous at the power move, which highlighted O'Rourke's ability to fluently speak the language and may have distracted from the fact that he could not or would not answer the specific question about whether he would support a 70% top tax rate.

But maybe Booker was just frustrated that he didn't get to speak Spanish first. He pulled out his own language skills a short time later when the subject turned to immigration.

One of the moderators, José Diaz-Balart, got in on the act as well, asking O'Rourke a question about the border in Spanish before repeating it in English.

After the debate, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez called the candidates' answers in Spanish "humorous, sometimes" but said they were "a good gesture to the fact that we are a diverse country."

"I loved it, because I represent the Bronx. There was a lot of Spanglish in the building," the progressive congresswoman from New York told Stephen Colbert on "The Late Show." She also joked that because of the "content of the questions," she thought candidates may declare in Spanish, "I will not give you an answer to your question."

Rest - https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/26/politics/spanish-democratic-debate/index.html

Democratic debate: Night one by the numbers

(CNN)The first 10 democratic presidential candidates have left the debate stage, their first opportunity to introduce themselves to American voters in an already hectic election cycle. While voters debate who won or lost, we tracked who saw the most airtime during the important first debate.

https://i.imgur.com/DkVVts3.png
https://i.imgur.com/OzmgWzk.png

We also set out to track who mentioned the current president the most.

https://i.imgur.com/IjkPLhu.png
https://i.imgur.com/OepNc7m.png

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/27/politics/dem-debate-night-one-btn/index.html

jimnyc
06-27-2019, 11:12 AM
Media Agree: Democrat Debate Shows Party Shift to Far Left

Mainstream media analysis of the first night of the first Democratic Party presidential primary debate agreed across-the-board that the party has shifted so far to the left that it is unrecognizable from the party it was in the 1990s.

The New York Times led with a front-page story, “Democrats Split on How Far Left to Nudge Nation.”

The Los Angeles Times — hardly a conservative outlet — noted, in an article titled “This is not your father’s Democratic Party: Debate shows how leftward it has moved”:

The Democratic Party opened its 2020 presidential debates with a remarkably policy-focused exchange that illustrated how consistently to the left they have moved.

The shift in the party goes beyond economics. As the debate made clear, it includes gun control, abortion, climate change and immigration, among other issues. On each of those, candidates took positions to the left of those embraced by either of the last two Democratic presidents, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, who was barely mentioned by any of the candidates.

Rather than Clinton’s call for abortion to be “safe, legal and rare,” for example, the debate featured candidates stressing that the universal healthcare plans they backed would include public funds to pay for abortions for poor women.

jimnyc
06-27-2019, 11:15 AM
They've been doing this for awhile now, and it's funny in the face of a thriving economy.

---

Fact Check: Democrats Launch Primary Debate by Lying About Trump Economy

Democrat presidential hopefuls on Wednesday night falsely claimed the economy during Donald Trump’s presidency has only benefited the wealthy.

“It’s doing great for a thinner and thinner slice at the top,” Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) said in her answer to the very first question of the Democrat candidates’ debate. “When you’ve got a government, when you’ve got an economy, that does great for those with money and isn’t doing great for everyone else, that is corruption pure and simple.”

“This economy is not working for average Americans,” Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) said.

In fact, the strongest economy in more than a decade and the extension of the expansion to nearly the longest on record is benefiting to Americans of every income bracket.

For several months now, the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ employment data have shown significant income growth for working-class Americans. Unemployment is at the lowest level in nearly 50 years. Unemployment for blacks, Hispanics, and Asians is at or near multi-decade lows.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2019/06/26/fact-check-democrats-launch-primary-debate-by-lying-about-trump-economy/

STTAB
06-27-2019, 11:21 AM
They've been doing this for awhile now, and it's funny in the face of a thriving economy.

---

Fact Check: Democrats Launch Primary Debate by Lying About Trump Economy

Democrat presidential hopefuls on Wednesday night falsely claimed the economy during Donald Trump’s presidency has only benefited the wealthy.

“It’s doing great for a thinner and thinner slice at the top,” Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) said in her answer to the very first question of the Democrat candidates’ debate. “When you’ve got a government, when you’ve got an economy, that does great for those with money and isn’t doing great for everyone else, that is corruption pure and simple.”

“This economy is not working for average Americans,” Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) said.

In fact, the strongest economy in more than a decade and the extension of the expansion to nearly the longest on record is benefiting to Americans of every income bracket.

For several months now, the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ employment data have shown significant income growth for working-class Americans. Unemployment is at the lowest level in nearly 50 years. Unemployment for blacks, Hispanics, and Asians is at or near multi-decade lows.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2019/06/26/fact-check-democrats-launch-primary-debate-by-lying-about-trump-economy/

"Democrats lie" isn't exactly newsworthy, but seeing the media call them out for lying is.

Russ
06-27-2019, 04:23 PM
The Democratic debate last night was a total clown-car of complete idiots where the only real question is "which one of these idiots can turn America into Venezuela faster than the other idiots?". Tonight's debate will be clown-car number 2.
I say all this despite not having watched the debate last night, but I feel absolutely convinced that my analysis is hitting the nail on the head. Just sayin'.

icansayit
06-27-2019, 04:30 PM
From the little I dared to see. That...was NO DEBATE. It was a shouting match that was more entertaining due to AUDIO problems with open mikes.

Does anyone honestly believe ANYTHING was accomplished on that state of CIRCULAR CLOWNS???

https://www.iowagop.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Link-banner-Facebook.png

icansayit
06-27-2019, 04:31 PM
the democratic debate last night was a total clown-car of complete idiots where the only real question is "which one of these idiots can turn america into venezuela faster than the other idiots?". Tonight's debate will be clown-car number 2.
I say all this despite not having watched the debate last night, but i feel absolutely convinced that my analysis is hitting the nail on the head. Just sayin'.

all of them!

Abbey Marie
06-28-2019, 07:39 AM

STTAB
06-28-2019, 08:14 AM

What a clown show. It's like they don't even recognize the vast majority of the country is totally against their weirdo ideas, even Democrats outside of the coastal cities are like "WTF?"

pete311
06-28-2019, 09:37 AM
My top 5 ATM: Harris, Buttigieg, Booker, Warren, Biden and Klobuchar tied

jimnyc
06-28-2019, 10:58 AM
My top 5 ATM: Harris, Buttigieg, Booker, Warren, Biden and Klobuchar tied

What is most appealing about those first 3 to you? Serious honest question!

I detest Klobuchar and my vote would go to Biden still at this point.

STTAB
06-28-2019, 11:09 AM
What is most appealing about those first 3 to you? Serious honest question!

I detest Klobuchar and my vote would go to Biden still at this point.

I wouldn't hire a single person who was on the stage either night to manage one of my children's lemonade stands. All of them are the dumbest of the dumb. Elizabeth Warren could be worth a shit if she'd stop lying and pandering. Kamala Harris is a dummy who got her start in politics by sleeping with a married man (well known fact) Biden is an idiot who has been wrong on every major foreign policy in the last 40 years this according to former President Obama's National Security Advisor, Bernie, well he's a fraud and a complete buffoon, and no one else on the stage even stands a chance at winning the nomination and so isn't worth mentioning.

jimnyc
06-28-2019, 12:43 PM
A few takes. I'll put all from each agency into one post when I can.

---

Kamala Surprises, Biden Flakes, and Dems Tear Each Other Apart in First 2020 Debate

In two marathon stretches on Wednesday and Thursday, 20 candidates in the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination fought for time and exposure on the debate stage in Miami, Florida. In the first night, former Rep. Robert Francis "Beto" O'Rourke (D-Texas) and Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) lost, but there was no clear winner. In the second night, Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) emerged triumphant over the frontrunner, former Vice President Joe Biden.

The first debate round on Wednesday achieved the basic goal of a debate, allowing each candidate to define himself or herself as an option, distinguishing between the different choices. The second debate round on Thursday involved more acerbic attacks, pitting candidates against one another to yield clearer winners and losers.

On Wednesday, O'Rourke flaked when other candidates went head-to-head with him on various issues. Klobuchar lost because she did not stand out from the crowd. In fact, her performance was completely forgettable.

Other candidates, such as Senators Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Representatives Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii), and Tim Ryan (D-Ohio) defined themselves well. Booker went out of his way to emphasize transgender issues, slamming Gabbard for not doing enough beyond supporting the radical Equality Act. Former HUD Secretary Julián Castro performed well overall but made a fool of himself on transgender issues. Tim Ryan and former Rep. John Delaney (D-Md.) emerged as moderates — unlikely to win but introducing alternatives besides the rush to the left.

Gabbard won the Drudge Report poll after the first round, and Americans Googled her and Booker most after the debate. The moderators gave Gabbard a really tough question on LGBT issues, and Gabbard shot at them, claiming that they were in the bag for Elizabeth Warren.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/kamala-surprises-biden-flakes-and-dems-tear-each-other-apart-in-first-2020-debate/

Sanders Says All of His Proposals Are 'Fully Paid For'

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt), a 2020 Democratic presidential candidate, said his Medicare for all plan as well as his tuition-free public college and student debt cancellation proposal are going to be fully paid for if he becomes president.

He added that middle-class Americans would pay more in taxes to pay for Medicare for all.

“Every proposal that I have brought forth is fully paid for,” he said at the Democratic presidential primary debate on Thursday night.

Sanders predicted that health insurance premiums would decrease overall under his Medicare for all plan. He was asked if the middle class would have to pay more in taxes if his proposal was passed and signed into law.

“Yes, they will pay more in taxes but less in health care for what they get,” he said.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/sanders-says-all-of-his-proposals-are-fully-paid-for/

Debate Crowd Cheers as Buttigieg Attacks Christian Republicans, Trotting out 'Kids in Cages' Lie

On Thursday night during the second round of the first 2020 Democratic presidential debate, Pete Buttigieg, mayor of South Bend, Ind., tried to shame Republican Christians into silence by attacking immigration policies that the Trump administration either never employed or that the Obama administration also employed.

"The Republican Party likes to cloak itself in the language of religion," Buttigieg, a member of the liberal mainline Episcopal Church, began. "Now, our party doesn’t talk about that as much largely for a very good reason — which is we are committed to the separation between church and state and we stand for people of any religion and people of no religion."

"But we should call out hypocrisy when we see it," he added. "And for a party that associates itself with Christianity, to say that it is okay to suggest that God would smile at the division of families at the hands of federal agents, that God would condone putting children in cages, has lost all claim to ever use religious language again."

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/faith/buttigieg-uses-kids-in-cages-fake-news-to-silence-republican-christians/

All Ten Dems at the Second Debate Would Provide Health Insurance for Illegal Immigrants

In the second round of the first 2020 Democratic presidential debate on Thursday, all ten of the candidates onstage said their government health care plans would provide coverage for illegal immigrants.

NBC News co-anchor Savannah Guthrie asked the candidates — including frontrunners former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), and South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg — if they would cover illegal immigrants.

"Raise your hand if your government healthcare plan would provide coverage for undocumented immigrants," she said.

Every single candidate raised his or her hand.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/all-ten-dems-at-the-second-debate-would-provide-health-insurance-for-illegal-immigrants/

STTAB
06-28-2019, 02:13 PM
Honest question for Pete and Nor,

you guys can't POSSIBLY believe that we can just do nothing about illegal immigration AND just allow those people to sign up for government benefits including health care insurance, can you?

Abbey Marie
06-28-2019, 03:44 PM

you guys can't POSSIBLY believe that we can just do nothing about illegal immigration AND just allow those people to sign up for government benefits including health care insurance, can you?

Until they answer...
I don’t see the lower-economic vote going to anyone who wants to give free stuff to illegals. There is only so much pie to go around, and they know it deep down.

jimnyc
06-30-2019, 09:33 AM

ALWAYS lack of answers from them 2 on the agendas the disagree with, or doesn't help the left somehow. Ignorance is easier. Better to save the energy to complain about religion & Russia. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
06-30-2019, 09:35 AM
Poll: Joe Biden Tumbles 10 Points After Bruising First Debate

Former Vice President Joe Biden dropped ten points following Thursday evening’s bruising primary debate, according to a Morning Consult/FiveThirtyEight poll.

The poll, released on Friday, shows 31.5 percent of likely Democrat voters would vote for Biden if the election were held today, down from 41.5 percent who voiced the same sentiments prior to the debate.

The Democrat Party’s early front-runner was forced to defend his record on race in the face of tough questions from Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA). That was only after he defended his age after jabs from Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA), one of two millennial candidates, in the prime-time clash.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/06/29/poll-joe-biden-tumbles-10-points-after-bruising-first-debate/

jimnyc
06-30-2019, 10:04 AM
Why the Democratic debates were a gift to Trump and Republicans

President Trump must have looked at the Democratic debates the way Bruce Willis looked at the famous wall of weapons in Quentin Tarantino’s “Pulp Fiction.” Should he choose the crossbow or the mace or the samurai sword or the baseball bat or …?

It was as if the Democratic Party’s goal was to give Trump objects with which to bash it.

Julian Castro says he wants to turn illegal border crossings into a parking ticket. Park yourself in America, get a fine! President Castro probably isn’t going to make you pay that fine, by the way. Kamala Harris wants to abolish private health insurance. Elizabeth Warren wants to forgive student debt. Oh, and everybody in the Thursday debate wants Uncle Sam to buy health insurance for however many Guatemalans, Hondurans and El Salvadorans manage to sneak across the border.

One minute Democrats are waxing poetic about the humanitarian crisis down at the border; the next minute they’re proposing to make it 100,000 times worse by issuing engraved invitations to the couple hundred million people south of the border who would love to be ushered into the American health-care system. Bring all your ailments to El Norte, illegal immigrants. American workers will pay your bill.

Rest - https://nypost.com/2019/06/29/why-the-democratic-debates-were-a-gift-to-trump-and-republicans/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-30-2019, 05:28 PM
So who watched? Anyone?

I watched some but not the whole thing. I didn't want to sicken myself watching the stage full of giveaways and stupidity. :rolleyes: I also thought it was plain old boring. Then some started speaking in Spanish. :rolleyes:

Here's a few takes on it. I'm sure they are all ever so worried that AOC didn't like it. I'm sure the bartender thinks she could do better. :rolleyes:

"And then like, they discussed things, and like, you know, it didn't make sense, and like, Americans, you know, like we need to have sense, and like..."

---

AOC on Dem Debate: Like High School Kids Who Didn’t Seem to Read the Book

Wednesday on CBS’s “The Late Show,” Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) said “some folks” during the MSNBC Democratic candidates’ debate were like high school students who “didn’t seem like they read the book.”

Partial transcript as follows:

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/06/26/aoc-on-dem-debate-like-high-school-kids-who-didnt-seem-to-read-the-book/

Democrats Disappoint Hollywood During First Debate

Hollywood was largely disappointed during the first Democratic presidential debate on Wednesday night, with reaction spanning from pillory to praise to panic.

“I already heard six candidates tonight that can see themselves out, permanently,” actress Amber Tamblyn fumed, sounding unenthused with over half of the Democratic candidates on the debate stage.

https://i.imgur.com/8vGJPjw.png

“Not a promising start,” said HBO late-night host Bill Maher, who pointed out how most of the candidates dodged the first question and failed to answer how they could justify pushing sweeping economic policy while a large majority of America (and 60 percent of Democrats) say they are doing well in President Trump’s economy.

“Nobody came close to answering the first question, a good one: With 70% saying they like the economy, shld we make radical changes to it? Only interchangable chunks from the stump speeches. You’re going to have to answer that at some point, guess not tonite,” the Real Time host said.

https://i.imgur.com/4FSn72N.png

Actor Don Cheadle seemed completely put off by the debate halfway through the first hour. “why don’t we just have running color commentary from the booth and a scoreboard and throw instant replay in there too to make it all complete …?” the Avengers: End game star suggested.

https://i.imgur.com/bC7SAMi.png

Actor Michael Ian Black said, “I’ll start watching the debates when we’ve whittled it down to the top 100 candidates.”

Actor Billy Eichner was apparently disappointed by all 10 Democrats on the stage Wednesday night, and declared that he’s “voting for Hillary.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/06/26/democrats-disappoint-hollywood-during-first-debate/

I'd rather watch paint dry. While I am usually all for and about gathering more and more information , watching this group of morons speak, would bore me to death! Not a damn ,one of them should be given even as much authority as that of a city dog catcher, IMHO..-Tyr

Kathianne
07-01-2019, 01:51 PM
This seems to be pretty much a good analysis of the Democrats:

https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=40869

Democratic Clown Car Update for July 1, 2019Post-debate analysis, Biden is down a little, Harris is up a little, Buttigieg banks big Benjamins, Yang rises, and Williamson beams love into the cosmos. It’s your Democratic Presidential clown car update! And it’s absolutely packed to the gills this time.
Debate Roundup

Lots of reactions to the first two debates:

The debates were the first chance voters got to look at the latest crop of Democratic presidential contenders, and they didn’t like what they saw (https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/06/28/new-poll-voters-see-democrats-as-extremists-n2549190).

Wait, health care for illegal aliens, eliminating private insurance and taxpayer subsidized abortions for trannies aren’t popular with the American public? Who knew?

Andrew Sullivan points out how deeply disconnected the Democrats on the debate stage are on border control (http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/06/andrew-sullivan-democrats-are-in-a-bubble-on-immigration.html) with the rest of the country:

Noir
07-02-2019, 03:18 AM

I understand that it’s deeply unpopular to help someone who is sick without first knowing their immigration status, but suffering is suffering.

jimnyc
07-02-2019, 07:25 AM
I understand that it’s deeply unpopular to help someone who is sick without first knowing their immigration status, but suffering is suffering.

While reading several times, then another you sit on and then come back with garbage. I guess your intelligent replies take some serious dwelling on and time to develop and express. That long to write a retarded statement, and your twisting of things. Why read several times and then take so long to reply with garbage? Busy with clients of Pete's? :laugh:

No thanks.

Noir
07-02-2019, 07:33 AM
While reading several times, then another you sit on and then come back with garbage. I guess your intelligent replies take some serious dwelling on and time to develop and express. That long to write a retarded statement, and your twisting of things. Why read several times and then take so long to reply with garbage? Busy with clients of Pete's? :laugh:

No thanks.

Is there any purpose to your post other than attempted insult? I don’t think there is, which is a shame, I welcome your no thanks.

CSM
07-02-2019, 07:40 AM

Rendering emergency care to save a life or relieve pain and suffering is one thing. Setting folks up for a lifetime of what is essentially free healthcare is another. But then, you know that and choose to be obtuse instead. Nice try though.

jimnyc
07-02-2019, 07:48 AM
Is there any purpose to your post other than attempted insult? I don’t think there is, which is a shame, I welcome your no thanks.

Was there a point to your post that I replied to, which twists things and insult via changing the goal posts? To me, and waiting so long to do so, is an insult.

I'll say this once only:

No one here has ever stated NOT to help someone - just that they should be personally responsible like everyone else - not just get help and hide like roaches and we taxpayers pay. Be LEGAL or be responsible and pay. It's dumb to simply give away money and resources to folks here illegally, when they can't even seem to help and do so with just veterans alone in our country.

If "I" go to get help for an ailment, I get it - and then I pay for it, either via cash or via my insurance premiums. I don't get free healthcare simply because I came here illegally and can't afford it.

And no one here ever said they should start checking immigration status prior to helping sick people. Sometimes it is obvious when they can't present ID and responsible ways of paying and what not upon check-in. But no doctors will be asking such - and I see no one here saying they should check first.

But you wait, and then you twist to state these things and attempt to place words in others mouths indirectly with that twisting.

And surely this all means we should have folks going bedside to bedside checking for immigration status, and if not legal, they should remove any stitches, casts or IV tubes and out they go!

jimnyc
07-02-2019, 07:48 AM
Rendering emergency care to save a life or relieve pain and suffering is one thing. Setting folks up for a lifetime of what is essentially free healthcare is another. But then, you know that and choose to be obtuse instead. Nice try though.

Thank you, thank you!

Chose to be obtuse as it insults others positions.

jimnyc
07-02-2019, 08:16 AM
Ok, got a coffee in me now.

Noir, I apologize, I'm sorry for jumping on you with the insults, even if I didn't like the way you wrote your post. I could have been a little nicer about it and did my explanation instead or another route. But grumpy me, I replied rudely. And for that I am sorry. I'll try to remain as passionate and leave out any insults.

pete311
07-02-2019, 08:39 AM

No one has claimed to want to do nothing about illegal immigration.

Noir
07-02-2019, 08:42 AM

So you are in favour of giving treatment that to “safe a life, or relieve pain and suffering” regardless of immigration status, yes?

jimnyc
07-02-2019, 08:46 AM
No one has claimed to want to do nothing about illegal immigration.

Let me ask you a few honest questions and not being a dick, so play nice!

Do you think borders should be open? Any fencing/walls taken down? ICE dismantled? De-funding border stuff? Not just not building a wall, but nothing really getting done at the moment?

Do you think illegals should be allowed free entry, and folks will never be "illegal" immigrants again if they come across the border? And they should get free healthcare? What about free healthcare for everyone?

jimnyc
07-02-2019, 08:48 AM
So you are in favour of giving treatment that to “safe a life, or relieve pain and suffering” regardless of immigration status, yes?

I have no issue with that myself. No one should be left to die. But they should be held responsible for any billing. And after they are helped, they should also be responsible for coming here legally. It was only YOU that I saw mentioning anything about NOT helping anyone and checking status prior to said help.

CSM
07-02-2019, 08:51 AM

yes, as I stated...emergency care. That does not mean that I believe in "free health care for all" for their entire lifetime. Of course, I also do not believe that "pain and suffering" includes hurt feelings or mental anguish because one doesn't like who is president. By the way, emergency treatment is already required in most states already. That does not mean a free ride either...

I can hardly wait to see how you twist this post....

STTAB
07-02-2019, 09:27 AM

That's already the law and has been for several years. What these jerk offs are proposing is supplying these people with medicare which covers a whole lot more than emergency care.

I suspect you already knew this.

Abbey Marie
07-02-2019, 04:07 PM
If it could somehow be made irreversible, USSC-approved law, that illegals can and will never be given the right to vote, Dems would quickly see the wisdom of denying them entry, health care and education.

Noir
07-03-2019, 04:28 AM
yes, as I stated...emergency care. That does not mean that I believe in "free health care for all" for their entire lifetime. Of course, I also do not believe that "pain and suffering" includes hurt feelings or mental anguish because one doesn't like who is president. By the way, emergency treatment is already required in most states already. That does not mean a free ride either...

So we agree on principle - the only area for disagreement is where on the spectrum of illness, diseases, and injuries you say are cut-offs.

CSM
07-03-2019, 05:25 AM
So we agree on principle - the only area for disagreement is where on the spectrum of illness, diseases, and injuries you say are cut-offs.

Are you saying there are no "cut offs"? As I stated, the "cut off" for me is emergency care. I can see no moral requirement to provide free health care for life beyond that. There are exceptions such as military folks (and others of their ilk) who sign a contract which includes health care as a condition of their contract. Even that is a far car cry from providing free health care for life simply because one is born. I would also point out that even military retirees PAY for their health care (at least in part) especially if they are not disabled because of their service.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-03-2019, 05:43 AM
If it could somehow be made irreversible, USSC-approved law, that illegals can and will never be given the right to vote, Dems would quickly see the wisdom of denying them entry, health care and education.
Exactly correct. And with that truth goes the reality that the dem party wants to buy future votes with trillions of --OUR- future tax dollars!
If that is not selling this nation down the river--then nothing ever is.......
And that is an obvious and most glaring assessment and reality of the current situation, IMHO..

Of course the dems only get away with it because by way of their engineered dumbing down of Americans (by their liberal indoctrination centers--public schools) they have managed in 50+ years to bring education levels down to that of high school graduates(12th grade level) being about as educated as once were 6th graders of the 1920/30's....
Sad truth of it-- is it was by designed---as liberals/socialist need ignorant people to vote for them. A fact...
The more ignorant the better for them --tis why they want all those ignorant, uneducated illegal immigrants that they are inviting in by the millions...
You know, those poor helpless people that are bringing in so much crime, disease and disunity to our nation..
Dems will do anything for votes. They fully supporting abortion is additional proof of that point( over 50 million murdered babies and still counting!)...... -Tyr

jimnyc
07-03-2019, 06:39 AM
That's already the law and has been for several years. What these jerk offs are proposing is supplying these people with medicare which covers a whole lot more than emergency care.

I suspect you already knew this.

I wonder why this post was ignored? It shows they DO get emergency care via law. They just don't get free healthcare for life for any all type of ailments. They can PAY like the rest of America. One ALWAYS presents their healthcare or a responsible manner of paying upon entry to a hospital, at intake or in triage.

I suspect this was ignored.

But some actually think that they should get MORE than Vets and anyone else in the country - just outright free, no questions, no premiums to pay and no responsibility.

Odd that things from the left boil down to a LACK of personal responsibility. Just NON STOP.

STTAB
07-03-2019, 09:28 AM
I wonder why this post was ignored? It shows they DO get emergency care via law. They just don't get free healthcare for life for any all type of ailments. They can PAY like the rest of America. One ALWAYS presents their healthcare or a responsible manner of paying upon entry to a hospital, at intake or in triage.

I suspect this was ignored.

But some actually think that they should get MORE than Vets and anyone else in the country - just outright free, no questions, no premiums to pay and no responsibility.

Odd that things from the left boil down to a LACK of personal responsibility. Just NON STOP.

Oh Noir ignored my post on purpose, no doubt.

See, that's how the left tries to trick people , and unfortunately there are a lot of stupid Americans who simply fall for it every time. Just like Kamala Harris and her blatant lie about being part of bussing in California in the 1970's. Total fabrication, California schools were fully integrated well before Kamala Harris entered Kindergarten, but will most Americans know that, or even once they do know care that she lied? No.

Noir
07-03-2019, 11:44 AM
Are you saying there are no "cut offs"? As I stated, the "cut off" for me is emergency care. I can see no moral requirement to provide free health care for life beyond that. There are exceptions such as military folks (and others of their ilk) who sign a contract which includes health care as a condition of their contract. Even that is a far car cry from providing free health care for life simply because one is born. I would also point out that even military retirees PAY for their health care (at least in part) especially if they are not disabled because of their service.

Correct, the disagreement (as far as I can see it) is where in the spectrum is the cut-off for treatment is, rather than any greater principle.

I wonder why this post was ignored?

Oh Noir ignored my post on purpose, no doubt.

??
What detail was included in STTABs post that wasn’t already in CSMs post?

jimnyc
07-03-2019, 12:03 PM
??

The fact that people can get emergent care for 'saving a life, and to relieve pain and suffering' without proving immigration status is already law. Not sure why calling for or ensuring that they get such coverage - when they already do - by law no less.

STTAB
07-03-2019, 12:18 PM
Correct, the disagreement (as far as I can see it) is where in the spectrum is the cut-off for treatment is, rather than any greater principle.

??

Noir, either you're being disingenuous, or you are legitimately stupid. I don't believe you are stupid.

Illegal aliens must already be treated in ER rooms for "life threatening " situations. That's the law, no ER can say "sorry you're illegal and we know we probably won't get paid, so you don't get medical care" that is already ILLEGAL.

Democrats are for putting them on medicare , which provides far more than emergency care obviously, and then doing as you are doing and trying to conflate the issue by saying "well if you're against providing medicare to illegals you are against providing them with life saving medical care"

It's just MORE dishonesty from leftists.

Noir
07-03-2019, 12:44 PM
The fact that people can get emergent care for 'saving a life, and to relieve pain and suffering' without proving immigration status is already law. Not sure why calling for or ensuring that they get such coverage - when they already do - by law no less.

Yes and this was already in CSMs post which I replied to?

Noir
07-03-2019, 12:48 PM
you are doing and trying to conflate the issue by saying "well if you're against providing medicare to illegals you are against providing them with life saving medical care"

What I actually said was “I understand that it’s deeply unpopular to help someone who is sick without first knowing their immigration status, but suffering is suffering.”

Y’all started talking about Emergency treatment / life threatening situations, which is something we apparently all agree on.

STTAB
07-03-2019, 12:58 PM
What I actually said was “I understand that it’s deeply unpopular to help someone who is sick without first knowing their immigration status, but suffering is suffering.”

Y’all started talking about Emergency treatment / life threatening situations, which is something we apparently all agree on.

Correct, you are trying to conflate the issues.

They are not the same.

What is just unbelievable to me is how easily leftists will spend taypayer money on people who aren't even Americans.

jimnyc
07-03-2019, 05:30 PM
Yes and this was already in CSMs post which I replied to?

Based on your questioning, and anything more than emergent care, and that the law already addressed that..... I didn't see where CSM posted that and you replied to it. My bad then, I'm sorry. I'll go back and reread and catch up then. I would have 'assumed' that the "life saving, emergent care, needs met for those emergencies...."... and again I 'assumed' that simply addresses the entire thing, as no one gets free beyond that, I know I don't. Premiums and all kinds of other ways. And you made it sound as if they don't get such care, and you even made references to 'whomever', I guess us, if we ask them if they are legal or not first. In other words, asking about something that's already been addressed.

Which brings us back to the beginning, and WHY should they be getting a dime free beyond that, when most Americans that don't even break laws don't get??!! If they want or need continued care or non-emergency care - then they should be prepared to pay like every one else. It's called personal responsibility. A lot of shit sure does come back to that, oddly enough, when discussing issues with the left. I wonder why that is. :dunno:

jimnyc
07-03-2019, 05:32 PM

??

Here is the discussion again - and I honestly don't see anyone discussing the LAW that is already addressed, and certainly nothing you have written - Noir

Can you please quote the portion where you 2 already addressed this as you state?

CSM
07-03-2019, 07:54 PM
Here is the discussion again - and I honestly don't see anyone discussing the LAW that is already addressed, and certainly nothing you have written - Noir

Can you please quote the portion where you 2 already addressed this as you state?

Read it again Jim.... Noir is not wrong in this instance:

"By the way, emergency treatment is already required in most states already. That does not mean a free ride either... " from my post which you actually quoted...lol

jimnyc
07-03-2019, 08:17 PM
Read it again Jim.... Noir is not wrong in this instance:

"By the way, emergency treatment is already required in most states already. That does not mean a free ride either... " from my post which you actually quoted...lol

I guess I was looking for "legal" and went right by 'required', dang. My bad to both :)

All for naught anyway, as anything short of giving them entirely free healthcare in our system, and it will always be twisted into inhumane, killing people, sentencing people to illnesses - and blame YOU and US for cutting them off.

Now find me thread and posts from any of the above asking about coverage, healthcare, costs, the wheres, when... & all that for VETERANS. You won't find them.

Where is the concern for any cut off spectrum with them? Why aren't they worried about the care for them? And that's why I don't really give a shit when a lefty talks of concern for illegals. Do they REALLY "care" about people and the care they may receive? You and I both know that answer, unfortunately. Hypocrisy often outs them.

Gunny
07-03-2019, 08:41 PM
Are you saying there are no "cut offs"? As I stated, the "cut off" for me is emergency care. I can see no moral requirement to provide free health care for life beyond that. There are exceptions such as military folks (and others of their ilk) who sign a contract which includes health care as a condition of their contract. Even that is a far car cry from providing free health care for life simply because one is born. I would also point out that even military retirees PAY for their health care (at least in part) especially if they are not disabled because of their service.I pay for my medical care. As noted, it also was/is provided as a term of service with which I complied. I consider it no different than a civilian collecting a retirement from whoever.

I say no ID, no help :)

Gunny
07-04-2019, 07:57 AM
I wish the same fate for the Dems that has befallen the GOP. As if the Dems haven't done enough to self-destruct, they are toying with their one dangerous asset: solidarity. They're going to have to call each other names and make accusations. I want to see how far they are willing to go because you most Dem candidates can be destroyed with nothing more than facts.