PDA

View Full Version : Media & Numbers

MIKESHARQ
01-08-2007, 08:53 AM
How many Americans have died in Iraq since hostilities began? Media sure wants you to know that by the end of 2006 it was over 3000.

How many Americans, in the USA, have died of murder in the same period? Media evidently does not want you to know that number in the aggregate. I think they prefer to dole that news out a little at a time. The number is over 60,000. And how many of those murder victims died at the hands of an illegal alien are just now coming under scrutiny.

Is this picture out of focus?

Pale Rider
01-08-2007, 11:04 AM
It's certainly NOT out of focus. The liberal media is intentionally looking the other way, because they know their liberal brethren in politics is looking to whore themselves out to the illegal vote. Another block of voters looking to vote democrat expecting something for nothing. Another block of voters tied to the government titt.

Gaffer
01-08-2007, 01:04 PM
It's certainly NOT out of focus. The liberal media is intentionally looking the other way, because they know their liberal brethren in politics is looking to whore themselves out to the illegal vote. Another block of voters looking to vote democrat expecting something for nothing. Another block of voters tied to the government titt.

Your so right on that. The left wants them for their votes and the right wants them for cheap labor. The American people don't want them at all.

jillian
01-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Your so right on that. The left wants them for their votes and the right wants them for cheap labor. The American people don't want them at all.

Buncha bull since they aren't citizens and can't vote. Also, as a group, poor people don't vote, in any event. Do feel free to try again. :thumb:

Gaffer
01-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Buncha bull since they aren't citizens and can't vote. Also, as a group, poor people don't vote, in any event. Do feel free to try again. :thumb:

The amnesty program will take care of the eligability. If poor people don't vote how do liberals get elected? Rich people don't need welfare and social programs and won't vote for them, unless they stand to make a profit off them.

jillian
01-08-2007, 01:49 PM
The amnesty program will take care of the eligability. If poor people don't vote how do liberals get elected? Rich people don't need welfare and social programs and won't vote for them, unless they stand to make a profit off them.

I think you need to look at demographics. And you're right... rich people don't need welfare and social programs, necessarily, but I'd say a fair number believe that societies are measured by how we care for our sickest, poorest and oldest, Bill Gates and Donald Trump among them. Anyone who doesn't believe government should make our moral choices for us is going to vote dem. Poor people don't vote because they don't think it makes a difference for the most part and don't think they are part of the political process. What's true today is what was true during Thomas Jefferson's time.. .it takes a strong middle class for democracy to work.

Dilloduck
01-08-2007, 01:59 PM
I think you need to look at demographics. And you're right... rich people don't need welfare and social programs, necessarily, but I'd say a fair number believe that societies are measured by how we care for our sickest, poorest and oldest, Bill Gates and Donald Trump among them. Anyone who doesn't believe government should make our moral choices for us is going to vote dem. Poor people don't vote because they don't think it makes a difference for the most part and don't think they are part of the political process. What's true today is what was true during Thomas Jefferson's time.. .it takes a strong middle class for democracy to work.

Are you claiming that the government makes no moral choices when it takes care of our sickest, poorest, and oldest ?

jillian
01-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Are you claiming that the government makes no moral choices when it takes care of our sickest, poorest, and oldest ?

As opposed to interfering in what people do in their own bedrooms or deciding what our religious values should be?

Dilloduck
01-08-2007, 02:06 PM
As opposed to interfering in what people do in their own bedrooms or deciding what our religious values should be?

Was that an answer ?

MIKESHARQ
01-08-2007, 04:17 PM
Jillian:

Allow me to jump in here for a couple of comments. Thanks for invoking my all time hero, Thomas Jefferson. He and most of the founding fathers had a true grasp of government and human nature.

That is, however, why they crafted our government so carefully to be a Democratic Republic, and not a Democracy as you stated. When you have a democracy, majority rules.

That means when 50.01% of those enfranchised want a maximum wage to go along the minimum wage, your top rate may be $9.00 per hour and the rest goes to the government. Think about it.

Mike Sharq

jillian
01-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Jillian:

Allow me to jump in here for a couple of comments. Thanks for invoking my all time hero, Thomas Jefferson. He and most of the founding fathers had a true grasp of government and human nature.

That is, however, why they crafted our government so carefully to be a Democratic Republic, and not a Democracy as you stated. When you have a democracy, majority rules.

That means when 50.01% of those enfranchised want a maximum wage to go along the minimum wage, your top rate may be $9.00 per hour and the rest goes to the government. Think about it.

Mike Sharq

All accurate and well-stated. In referring to "democracy", I was talking about the process of voting and electing our officials. I don't think I overstated Jefferson's belief in the need for a middle class, though.

Thanks for jumping in. ;)

Mr. P
01-08-2007, 05:00 PM

Dead folks can't vote either, but somehow they do.;)

jillian
01-08-2007, 05:03 PM

Oh pshaw!! :p

MtnBiker
01-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Poor people don't vote because they don't think it makes a difference for the most part and don't think they are part of the political process.

How do you know that?

Is it part of a basic education, learning the democratic process that exsists in our country? A person does not have to be rich or poor to take government class in school.

Gaffer
01-08-2007, 08:56 PM

And they always vote democratic :D