PDA

View Full Version : Alleged Pete Buttigieg Staffer Wants Pee Thrown At Rep. Matt Gaetz

jimnyc
07-01-2019, 01:55 PM
Kinda gross. And the damage may be done, as we a bulb lit up in an otherwise dimply lit bulb of a leftie. With that said...

She DID the right thing in the end and apologized. A rarity from the left, but likely to keep her job. Either way was the right thing to do.

---

Alleged Pete Buttigieg Staffer Wants Pee Thrown At Rep. Matt Gaetz

An alleged staffer working for Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg advocated Sunday for urine to be thrown at Congressional Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz.

“Hey ⁦PeteButtigieg⁩ – this is a reply from a member of your campaign inciting (rather gross) violence against me after someone previously threw a drink on me,” said Gaetz in a Tweet storm on Sunday. “Is this what your campaign stands for?”

https://i.imgur.com/TeMlL6n.png

The staffer that Gaetz references is Samantha Pollara. According to Pollara’s LinkedIn, her official title for the campaign is “Florida Regional Investment Director at Pete Buttigieg for America.” She said on a Facebook post that Gaetz links to, “Please, please let it be urine next time.” Her comment referred to the recent attack on Gaetz where an individual threw a cup of red liquid at him as he left an event in Pensacola , Florida.

Gaetz acknowledged several hours later that Pollara had reached out to him personally to apologize for the comments, tweeting, “Samantha gave me a very nice call and apology. That is how reasonable people behave and it’s certainly good enough for me.”

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/01/pete-buttigieg-staffer-wants-pee-thrown-at-rep-matt-gaetz/

Kathianne
07-01-2019, 02:00 PM
I think the candidate in this case should say something like, 'After seeing the post by Ms. X, even though she's apologized, I feel it is necessary to remove her from her position. We all have addressed how toxic the political discourse has become, how divisive. Well it's exactly this type of behavior we are addressing. I will hold my staff, now and after I'm elected, to a higher standard or they will be gone.'

That goes for all of them.

Abbey Marie
07-01-2019, 02:03 PM
I could not be less surprised if I said it myself. Tyr is right about Dems.

jimnyc
07-01-2019, 02:05 PM
I think the candidate in this case should say something like, 'After seeing the post by Ms. X, even though she's apologized, I feel it is necessary to remove her from her position. We all have addressed how toxic the political discourse has become, how divisive. Well it's exactly this type of behavior we are addressing. I will hold my staff, now and after I'm elected, to a higher standard or they will be gone.'

That goes for all of them.

He was the rare one, when asked about police issues at the debate - apparently he took responsibility and blame right away and said we have to do better, that HE needs to be better. So it wouldn't fully surprise me coming from him. He does come off as honest to me, thus far, what little I know of him.

But I'd be ok and move on if he doesn't fire her. She did do something already that others never do, and that's take responsibility and apologize. But it would still be nice if he acknowledged the incident and spoke against ALL those calling for things like that, whether twitter or politicians. They should all in Washington call for such, but none do.

Kathianne
07-01-2019, 02:08 PM
He was the rare one, when asked about police issues at the debate - apparently he took responsibility and blame right away and said we have to do better, that HE needs to be better. So it wouldn't fully surprise me coming from him. He does come off as honest to me, thus far, what little I know of him.

But I'd be ok and move on if he doesn't fire her. She did do something already that others never do, and that's take responsibility and apologize. But it would still be nice if he acknowledged the incident and spoke against ALL those calling for things like that, whether twitter or politicians. They should all in Washington call for such, but none do.

Here's my take, politicians and their minions are becoming as bad as the supporters. It's spiraling down. The Southbend mayor is very, very liberal. I agree he sounded very good about the police, but the people are not happy with him. Many are calling for him to step down.