PDA

View Full Version : Freak hailstorm buries Guadalajara, Mexico

jimnyc
07-01-2019, 06:57 PM
A story just below about a massive hailstorm in Mexico. It is one that in depth is huge, the largest I've ever seen myself. Not sure how far it spreads at that depth and how far overall.

And of course climate change instantly comes into the picture. First off, no connection is made. Secondly, most will already admit that climate change exists - just not this crazy man made monster, and not something that will cease life as we know it in 12 years.

Hell, apparently this man made climate thing then therefore has lasted a LONG time prior to the current whining if such. The "man made climate change - man made global warming" I'll refer to as either MMCC or MMGW. Tired of writing the whole thing, but even harder when the typing hurts like hell!

But this MMCC started moons ago as stated. I'll show below. And they will show that these MM events have been going on for longer than most will admit....

Also, I don't see it in this report, but I wonder how many deaths have been reported and how many to expect overall.

(might be a little sarcasm tucked somewhere in the above)

Oh, and they are mainly in the summer and mainly in warmer climate areas)

Or, and this is a major possibility according to some - it's possible that the USA was testing a new weather weapon on Mexico too.

---

Freak hailstorm buries Guadalajara, Mexico in 3 feet of ice

A freak hailstorm blanketed Guadalajara, Mexico, on Sunday, trapping vehicles in up to three feet of ice.

Photos of the storm's aftermath show the Mexican city in a state of disarray as police officers and civilians wander around on the newly frosted roads.

"I've never seen such scenes in Guadalajara," said State Governor Enrique Alfaro.

"Then we ask ourselves if climate change is real," he added. "These are never-before-seen natural phenomenons. It's incredible."

AccuWeather reports that the storm occurred early Sunday morning when temperatures in the city hovered around 60°F.

The freak weather event also brought thunder and flash flooding, the latter which may have carried the accumulated hail and caused it to build up into massive piles.

Prior to the storm, Guadalajara had been experiencing summer temperatures of over 85°F.

https://news.yahoo.com/freak-hailstorm-buries-guadalajara-mexico-204311036.html

LARGEST (DIAMETER) HAILSTONE EVER RECORDED: July 23, 2010 Vivian, South Dakota
A 20.3 cm (8.0 inch) hailstone was recorded in the intense hailstorm produced by the July 23, 2010 Vivian, South Dakota severe supercell.

LARGEST (CIRCUMFERENCE) HAILSTONE EVER RECORDED: June 22, 2003 Aurora, Nebraska
A 47.6 cm (18.75 inches) circumference hailstone was recorded on June 22, 2003 on a severe thunderstorm that hit Aurora, Nebraska.

HEAVIEST HAILSTONE EVER RECORDED: April 14, 1986, Gopalganj district, Bangladesh
The heaviest hailstone that has been authenticated by authorities fell during an intense severe hailstorm in Gopalganj district of Bangladesh on April 14, 1986.

BIGGEST HAIL ACCUMULATION ON THE GROUND EVER RECORDED: June 3, 1959, Seldon, Kansas
A persistent, virtually stationary hailstorm hit Seldon, Kansas on June 3, 1959, producing a blanket of hail up to 45 cm thick over an area of 140 square kilometers.

DEADLIEST HAILSTORM: April 22, 1888, Moradabad & Beheri districts, India
The April 22, 1888, Moradabad & Beheri districts, India is the deadliest hailstorm in recorded modern history, with 246 fatailities.

Rest of MMGW MMCC hailstorms - http://www.severe-weather.eu/theory/hail-world-records-the-biggest-heaviest-and-deadliest-hail/

Bottom line - major hailstorms have been around a little while, even major ones.

Elessar
07-01-2019, 07:25 PM
Good Grief! That is astounding!

And those lower stats are amazing. I have never seen hail larger
than an acorn.

jimnyc
07-01-2019, 08:06 PM

than an acorn.

The largest I've truly ever saw myself, and was in, were about sizes just smaller than a golf ball. But it wasn't all of them, the majority were just larger than normal, with the biggies tossed in all over the place. I've seen/heard others that were similar, smaller. much much larger, wider areas being hit, smaller tiny areas hit, a ton of damage and little damage (location), injuries and deaths. All sizes, all swaths and all over the map and world.

And no doubt, those storms can be vicious and scary if you've never been in one before. If on the highway, and getting hit hard enough, you better pull over at minimum to lessen the speed of the impact, or better yet, get to an overpass and get the hell underneath it!! I don't minimize them. They can be deadly, just as many other things Mother Nature tosses at us. But that crazy lady has been trolling us with such crazy things like since forever. She wasn't born 12 years ago and she ain't going nowhere within the next 12 years!!

Elessar
07-01-2019, 09:58 PM
The largest I've truly ever saw myself, and was in, were about sizes just smaller than a golf ball. But it wasn't all of them, the majority were just larger than normal, with the biggies tossed in all over the place. I've seen/heard others that were similar, smaller. much much larger, wider areas being hit, smaller tiny areas hit, a ton of damage and little damage (location), injuries and deaths. All sizes, all swaths and all over the map and world.

And no doubt, those storms can be vicious and scary if you've never been in one before. If on the highway, and getting hit hard enough, you better pull over at minimum to lessen the speed of the impact, or better yet, get to an overpass and get the hell underneath it!! I don't minimize them. They can be deadly, just as many other things Mother Nature tosses at us. But that crazy lady has been trolling us with such crazy things like since forever. She wasn't born 12 years ago and she ain't going nowhere within the next 12 years!!

Sometimes getting under a tree, if possible, is a good idea, too.

This 12 year crap from AOC is just...crap.
Added meteorologist to her her resume, I presume!:lol:

STTAB
07-02-2019, 09:43 AM

than an acorn.

Golf ball sized hail is pretty common around here, softball sized hail occasionally, but rare. Most of the time it's marble sized.