PDA

View Full Version : NRA, Koch Network, Chamber of Commerce

Kathianne
07-03-2019, 09:23 AM
RNC concerned about $$; Trump campaign on 'turning out the vote.'

I knew Koch efforts were changing, they are the epitome of 'compassionate conservatives.' I didn't know of the intrigue of NRA. I'd read some about the Chamber of Commerce, though again, not so much the fight to become more bi-partisan.

I can see the concern for obvious reasons, I wonder how much of the problems within these organizations though, especially Koch and the Chamber, have to do with the discourse surrounding national elections since GW's term?

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/03/nra-guns-trump-campaign-1395970

Just a thought, before just saying, 'Politico' one might want to consider what is written and how a partisan might want to address any concerns?

STTAB
07-03-2019, 10:21 AM
If the Republicans were smart, years ago they would have started giving the NRA $500M a year in taxypayer money to "provide gun rights to the poor" or some other such nonsense.

As for the point of this article. I just don't get it, those people are going to have to vote for SOMEONE. And Trump isn't exactly hurting for money.

Kathianne
07-03-2019, 10:37 AM
If the Republicans were smart, years ago they would have started giving the NRA $500M a year in taxypayer money to "provide gun rights to the poor" or some other such nonsense.

As for the point of this article. I just don't get it, those people are going to have to vote for SOMEONE. And Trump isn't exactly hurting for money.

I don't think Trump is concerned about the $$, the RNC is. Trump's campaign would be more concerned about the 'get out the vote.'