PDA

View Full Version : Happy 4th

CSM
07-04-2019, 08:33 AM
Happy 4th of July everyone!

I know it is unpopular to be proud of your country and it's history but I am nevertheless. By all means, celebrate the freedom we all enjoy. Thanks to all those who made it possible too. By the way, it took a lot more than military folks to make this country what it is.

Gunny
07-04-2019, 08:42 AM

I know it is unpopular to be proud of your country and it's history but I am nevertheless. By all means, celebrate the freedom we all enjoy. Thanks to all those who made it possible too. By the way, it took a lot more than military folks to make this country what it is.I wasn't aware the 4th of July was about the military until the leftwingnut informed me the President is using it to threaten them. I thought it was about the Nation itself.

I'm not real keen on parades so I'm not going to go :) Nice to live somewhere where one has that freedom of choice.

CSM
07-04-2019, 08:50 AM
I wasn't aware the 4th of July was about the military until the leftwingnut informed me the President is using it to threaten them. I thought it was about the Nation itself.

I'm not real keen on parades so I'm not going to go :) Nice to live somewhere where one has that freedom of choice.

Yep. Marched in a few parades and I can say that watching one is a lot more fun than being in one. You are correct in that the 4th is not about the military. It is about a nation that stands for freedom. Many may not agree with that sentiment but I can assure you that of all the countries I have had the pleasure of visiting (or blowing up, as the case may be) the USA is the ONLY one that has the scope of individual freedom that we do.

Gunny
07-04-2019, 09:03 AM
Yep. Marched in a few parades and I can say that watching one is a lot more fun than being in one. You are correct in that the 4th is not about the military. It is about a nation that stands for freedom. Many may not agree with that sentiment but I can assure you that of all the countries I have had the pleasure of visiting (or blowing up, as the case may be) the USA is the ONLY one that has the scope of individual freedom that we do.Experience is a funny thing. First thing I thought of is all the crap you CAN'T do in other countries. Most of our media and left would be in prison for railing against the Nation and the President if they lived in the ME. They'd be slated for execution in Turkey and already executed on Africa.

I hope each and every leftwingnut crybaby has a self-induced miserable day. That ought to show Trump :laugh:

Kathianne
07-04-2019, 09:14 AM
I look at the 4th as celebrating the point at which those 'wealthy landowners' decided to explain to 'the world' why this new world of upstarts was spitting in the eye of the most powerful nation in said world at the time.

Gunny
07-04-2019, 09:25 AM
I look at the 4th as celebrating the point at which those 'wealthy landowners' decided to explain to 'the world' why this new world of upstarts was spitting in the eye of the most powerful nation in said world at the time.Rather a romanticized version of the facts :)

Kathianne
07-04-2019, 09:31 AM
Rather a romanticized version of the facts :)

I'm not big on romanticizing. Might want to take a look at the Declaration once again. ;)

Kathianne
07-04-2019, 09:33 AM
Pretty clear to me:

We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these united Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States, that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. — And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.

CSM
07-04-2019, 09:43 AM
Pretty clear to me:

Well done Kathianne!

Kathianne
07-04-2019, 09:48 AM
Live coverage of today's events brought to you by President Trump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlxOwx9ixII

Gunny
07-04-2019, 11:47 AM
I'm not big on romanticizing. Might want to take a look at the Declaration once again. ;)Declarations of independence aren't worth much at time of issue. Looks like a signed, sealed and delivered confession for His Majesty's Court to me.

Kathianne
07-04-2019, 12:05 PM
Declarations of independence aren't worth much at time of issue. Looks like a signed, sealed and delivered confession for His Majesty's Court to me.

Ok, you're not a romanticizer either. Still and all, it worked for over 200 years, not so much lately.

jimnyc
07-04-2019, 03:18 PM

I know it is unpopular to be proud of your country and it's history but I am nevertheless. By all means, celebrate the freedom we all enjoy. Thanks to all those who made it possible too. By the way, it took a lot more than military folks to make this country what it is.

Well stated, my friend. :)

I wish and would hope that everyone would be proud of their own countries, wherever that may be. Of course here most are from the USA. But be proud of wherever you live and surely don't be afraid of showing your pride.

And it did take more - but nothing remains possible without those men and women who saved and protected us, and many continuing to do so. That's why I have no issue with ANY amount of military hardware being used to celebrate. I would hope that they don't try to enlist ANYONE into such a thing that doesn't want to. If any military folks are involved, I hope it's those who want to be there. And give them tons of bands and others in support of them and our history. And then top it off with an absurdly grotesque amount of fireworks and explosives!

I know, maybe not for everyone, but for me it's awesome all the way around!!

I thank all of our veterans today once again for helping us to get here to yet another parade and yet more pride in our country and it's accomplishments.

Kathianne
07-04-2019, 10:38 PM
Almost forgot my annual contribution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAZ8QJgFHOg

LongTermGuy
07-04-2019, 11:20 PM
“Americans love our freedom, and no one will ever take it away from us.” -Donald Trump

....Today patriots celebrated our country.....our military and our freedom !Today leftists boycotted our Independence from Tyranny burned our flag and probably beat up people wearing MAGA hats & shirts .. ALL IN THE NAME OF FIGHTING HATRED OF COURSE !
:saluting2:

Kathianne
07-04-2019, 11:57 PM
I have to agree with this, all of us are going to be unhappy much of the time at least regarding political leaders. Still this country is better than anywhere else as of yet.

Read what the rest of the world would like.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/03/this-fourth-of-july-why-have-we-lost-our-patriotism/