PDA

View Full Version : Just finished Trump's 4th of July portion

jimnyc
07-04-2019, 06:36 PM
and I saw absolutely nothing political all during his program. It was all a celebration of America and it's great history, and our military and the great history of the various branches. As he spoke of each branch, a different flyover type would follow the ending of that passage. Then repeat with the next and next. ALL America and Military, nothing else at all. Certainly not a Trump rally nor even a republican rally. Just respect to America, some great individuals in attendance, then respect to the branches of service, and then it was over.

But was fantastic!!!

And now the great fireworks will be 9pm down there EST. And here in NY apparently they don't care about the sun going down and the fireworks started like 9 hours ago!

Happy 4th all!!

Kathianne
07-04-2019, 06:43 PM
I was saying to a friend, "If he makes it about our history, our military, and our people, it will be great. If he makes it about him, will be horribly divisive." He nailed it! This was his first domestic speech that I truly enjoyed.

Pride in America. He did great.

icansayit
07-04-2019, 07:05 PM
CNN, and PMSNBC, with all the other Liar Networks.....Can't say anything nice, or good...as long as Trump had anything to do with it!

Elessar
07-04-2019, 07:34 PM
MSM is just hoping to find a scab to pick at with this President.

They are just acting as spoiled crybabies.

Kathianne
07-05-2019, 11:25 AM
I read a lot of the coverage from yesterday's events. Overall it seems the media gave it favorable reviews-non-partisan they said. Historical based speech. Least partisan he's ever delivered at home. Not a Trump rally, though the crowd tried to draw him in.

Yes, they pointed out 'Revolutionary War and airport.' "Best ever..." and that was about the total of the negatives.

Gunny
07-05-2019, 02:15 PM
I was saying to a friend, "If he makes it about our history, our military, and our people, it will be great. If he makes it about him, will be horribly divisive." He nailed it! This was his first domestic speech that I truly enjoyed.

Pride in America. He did great.Guess I don't need to listen if Kathianne says Trump did okay :laugh:

jimnyc
07-05-2019, 02:39 PM
On this subject, I don't even care much what the left thinks. They have showed their true colors, enough for me. Any parade would have been cool with me.

But ignoring everything is a baby move. And then continuing to whine about it or any mistakes. Meanwhile, it was nothing more than one hell of a salute to our Armed Forces. Loved the background, even though I knew most. The band was fantastic! And of course the flyovers.

Here's a clip that has every one of them. Just wish there was no music and it was closer up, but it was a crappy day too. The best and always my favorite - the stealth bomber!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYUzhYL4aD4

Kathianne
07-05-2019, 03:54 PM
On this subject, I don't even care much what the left thinks. They have showed their true colors, enough for me. Any parade would have been cool with me.

But ignoring everything is a baby move. And then continuing to whine about it or any mistakes. Meanwhile, it was nothing more than one hell of a salute to our Armed Forces. Loved the background, even though I knew most. The band was fantastic! And of course the flyovers.

Here's a clip that has every one of them. Just wish there was no music and it was closer up, but it was a crappy day too. The best and always my favorite - the stealth bomber!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYUzhYL4aD4

Blue Angels and the Ospreys here! It really was a terrific show.

jimnyc
07-05-2019, 04:05 PM
Blue Angels and the Ospreys here! It really was a terrific show.

Blue Angels always amaze me with their ability to get so close together AND still perform various maneuvers while doing so!

Kathianne
07-05-2019, 04:13 PM
Blue Angels always amaze me with their ability to get so close together AND still perform various maneuvers while doing so!

I loved watching the Air and Water Show in Chicago. Even caught the Blue Angels when down at my folks house in FL during the summers they lived there. Always a wonderful show and just makes your stomach clench.