PDA

View Full Version : This may be the wrong time to bring this up, but...After what I saw yesterday...

icansayit
07-05-2019, 10:04 PM
People may have the 1st amendment right to BURN our Flag. According to the SCOTUS, it isn't illegal.

So. Why not take it a step further? Realistically speaking. "Endangering Others by using ARSON around other people...SHOULD BE punishable in some way." After all, consider this....'PUBLIC SMOKING' can get someone fined, or arrested for Breaking That Law...and, technically...SMOKE, and FUMES from a burning FLAG are just as hazardous to others...."AREN'T THEY?

I would call this FIGHTING FIRE....WITH OUR OWN FIRE!

They SCREAM HATE CRIME if anyone does this...https://www.advocate.com/sites/advocate.com/files/2015/07/01/Burning-Rainbow-Flag-x400.jpg

jimnyc
07-06-2019, 08:11 AM
People may have the 1st amendment right to BURN our Flag. According to the SCOTUS, it isn't illegal.

So. Why not take it a step further? Realistically speaking. "Endangering Others by using ARSON around other people...SHOULD BE punishable in some way."

Well, the latest burner in front of the WH WAS arrested for "malicious burning" and then for assault on a police officer, so he'll be in the clink for awhile. :)

Noir
07-06-2019, 08:15 AM
I would guess that if you burn a flag somewhere that you’re not permitted to smoke a cigarette you’re going to be in trouble, no?

jimnyc
07-06-2019, 08:25 AM
I would guess that if you burn a flag somewhere that you’re not permitted to smoke a cigarette you’re going to be in trouble, no?

Nope, not how the law is addressed nor what happened. Nice try at instantly trying to twist things again though. :)

If the property is not yours - trouble
no permit in certain places - trouble - that was their main issue
And quite a few other issues. Not as cut and dry as you think.

I posted the entire law for DC yesterday.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-06-2019, 08:44 AM
Well, the latest burner in front of the WH WAS arrested for "malicious burning" and then for assault on a police officer, so he'll be in the clink for awhile. :)

They are allowed protest -- by way of voting--- this burning of our flag is just spitting in our faces and making a mockery of all the millions, past, present and future that have(will) serve and have sacrificed so very much to defend this nation.
We should pass a law that - deliberate public burning of our flag, carries a prison sentence of not less that 25 years and not more than 50 years, with no exceptions allowed.
Then see how many of these cowardly, filthy vermin will be brave enough(willing to sacrifice themselves) to spit on us that way.-Tyr

jimnyc
07-06-2019, 08:48 AM
They are allowed protest -- by way of voting--- this burning of our flag is just spitting in our faces and making a mockery of all the millions, past, present and future that have(will) serve and have sacrificed so very much to defend this nation.
We should pass a law that - deliberate public burning of our flag, carries a prison sentence of not less that 25 years and not more than 50 years, with no exceptions allowed.
Then see how many of these cowardly, filthy vermin will be brave enough(willing to sacrifice themselves) to spit on us that way.-Tyr

Hell, these commie idiots could have simply got a permit and burned galore - but they purposely flipped their noses, and did as they pleased. Luckily, tons of capitol police were on hand. And lots of US Marines!

AND they likely could have cooperated, then got another flag and went elsewhere. Instead, they do as they please, then when told they were in the wrong, the idiot decides to assault a police officer. Not a wise choice. Judges don't like to hear that much.

Noir
07-06-2019, 10:21 AM
Nope, not how the law is addressed nor what happened. Nice try at instantly trying to twist things again though. :)

If the property is not yours - trouble
no permit in certain places - trouble - that was their main issue
And quite a few other issues. Not as cut and dry as you think.

I posted the entire law for DC yesterday.

Maybe there’s a specific event that’s passed me by - but in just responding to the OP it’s hardly ‘twisting’ to talk about the two connected ideas that the OP themselves posted.

jimnyc
07-06-2019, 11:35 AM
Maybe there’s a specific event that’s passed me by - but in just responding to the OP it’s hardly ‘twisting’ to talk about the two connected ideas that the OP themselves posted.

My speaking was about "malicious burning" of which a major event happened with burning flags in front of the WH on the 4th, by a communist group protesting, and also an assault on a police officer. Some jumped out of their skin in anger over the arrest for burning the flag, but those folks refuse to read the law and understand.

Apparently I misread your post.

As for burning a flag where you can't smoke... All dictated by the states and local jurisdictions.

Some of that is obvious, as the majority of the places where no smoking is allowed are indoors, or at major events where a lot of people are squished together.

Almost all workplaces, bars, restaurants. Some states ban ALL indoor smoking, but not all.

Of course you ain't burning a flag in any of those areas, none indoors at all of course.

jimnyc
07-06-2019, 11:36 AM
I'm reading now that they did actually have a permit - but for a specific location - which of course they went outside of. AND the initiating of the assault on the police officer, was tossing the burning flag at him. :rolleyes:

Gunny
07-06-2019, 12:57 PM
I would guess that if you burn a flag somewhere that you’re not permitted to smoke a cigarette you’re going to be in trouble, no?THAT made me laugh :laugh: