PDA

View Full Version : The hate and lies from the media about Trump 4th of July

jimnyc
07-06-2019, 04:05 PM
These people sicken me.

---

The Media’s Fake News Reporting on the Fourth of July, Presidents, and Tanks

I have to admit it is breathtaking.

There is one media figure after another simply making up American history from scratch. In particular the history of presidents speaking to the nation on the Fourth of July, not to mention the presence of tanks and other military hardware at national celebrations in Washington.

Rush Limbaugh ran a montage of media people, one DC local politician one Democratic presidential candidate and two ex-Obama officials saying things that were flatly historically untrue. Here were those cited:

MAJOR GARRETT - CBS: Fourth of July has been a tribute to universal American themes, a star-spangled civic hymn. This year, by design, it will be much more about (pause) him.

ELEANOR HOLMES NORTON - DC Delegate: (background noise) He’s politicized the Fourth of July before he opens his mouth!

JAKE TAPPER- CNN: The president will also break with tradition and address the nation directly!

JEN PSAKI- CNN: What President Trump is trying to do here is use the men and women who are serving as political props!

MICHAEL STEELE- MSNBC: We have never had to prove our patriotism by rolling out planes and tanks. I find this to be offensive.

CHRIS MATTHEWS-MSNBC: What do big tanks got to (cough) do with it?

JEREMY BASH- Ex Obama appointee: This is nauseating. This is not just obnoxious tackiness. It’s fundamentally un-American.

ERIC SWALWELL- Congressman and presidential candidate: It’s just not who we are as Americans. We don’t thump our chest, put tanks in the streets, fly jets over The Mall.

JOY REID- MSNBC: It’s always a threat when you roll out your military!

LEON PANETTA-Ex Obama Secretary of Defense: We have never had to display that power to the world in order to prove it. Roll tanks down the street…

ANAND GIRIDHARADAS- Time magazine: Tanks rolling, being trucked into Washington to have a military parade that is inspired by Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong-un…

EUGENE ROBINSON- Washington Post: A combination Trump rally and Kim Jong-un style military parade of hardware and equipment. It’s just obscene! Presidents don’t speak at the Fourth of July!

Where to begin to correct such a stunning display of historical ignorance?

The parade, they say, was “inspired” by Putin and Kim Jong-un? It’s un-American? Because there was tanks and military hardware?

Are they kidding me?

Back there in the mists of 2017, the Washington Examiner’s Becket Adams wrote this piece headlined: ”Trump isn't the first president to request tanks at his inauguration.”

Adams notes quite correctly that:

“Presidents Franklin D. Roosevelt, Dwight D. Eisenhower and John F. Kennedy each had military vehicles and equipment at their respective inaugurations in 1941, 1957 and 1961.”

Indeed, there are sharp, black and white photos of tanks stretched along Pennsylvania Avenue all the way back to the U.S. Capitol in the distance for FDR’s third inaugural in 1941. There are more tanks passing the Eisenhower reviewing stand in front of the White House on January 20, 1953. Then there is a Pershing Missile cruising Pennsylvania Avenue for JFK in 1961, with still more tanks passing the new President at his reviewing stand.

Not to be missed is this great video from C-Span in June of 1991 in which tanks roll down Constitution Avenue while military jets and helicopters fly over Washington as part of President George H. W. Bush’s celebration of victory in the Persian Gulf War.

There is Eugene Robinson saying that “Presidents don’t speak at the Fourth of July!”

That would be another flat untruth. As a young Reagan aide in 1986, I personally attended the Fourth of July ceremonies in New York that marked the centennial of the Statue of Liberty. And here is President Reagan addressing the nation that night from the battleship USS Iowa smack in the middle of New York Harbor.

Here is President Kennedy --- in no less a newsreel --- from the day addressing the nation from in front of Independence Hall in Philadelphia with thousands in the surrounding area to listen.

Here is President Gerald Ford speaking at a bicentennial celebration held at the Kennedy Center on July 3, 1976.

Here is President Obama, speaking to the nation from the balcony of the White House in 2009.

And here is President Bush 43 being heckled as he addresses the nation from the front steps of Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello in Charlottesville on July 4, 2008.

One could go on - and on and on --- with these kind of clips of presidents speaking on the Fourth of July.

Yet there was Eugene Robinson looking the MSNBC camera in the eye and saying “Presidents don’t speak at the Fourth of July!” Actually, Mr. Robinson, they do --- and they have been doing it for a very long time.

Rest - https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/jeffrey-lord/2019/07/06/medias-fake-news-reporting-fourth-july-presidents-and-tanks

All of TV Media's False Doomsday Predictions for the Salute to America

(Video at site of all the idiots and their lies/predictions)

The common line across broadcast and cable news alike was that President Trump would give something akin to a campaign rally speech. “You will hear criticism of his critics; you will hear a celebration of self in terms of how he sees his accomplishments,” declared New York Times White House correspondent and CNN analyst Maggie Haberman during July 3's New Day.

Later that day on ABC’s World News Tonight, correspondent Stephanie Ramos touted the possibility that Trump was “turning a traditionally non-partisan event into a Trump-focused campaign-style rally.” Meanwhile, MSNBC host Lawrence O’Donnell referred to the event as “Donald Trump’s campaign rally in Washington, paid for by the American taxpayer.”

News personalities also worried that the military parade had totalitarian undertones, taking the opportunity to compare the President to various authoritarian dictators for the ten millionth time. “The President’s vision bears a closer resemblance to the chest-thumping displays put on by authoritarian regimes,” spat MSNBC’s Chris Matthews on July 3’s Hardball.

Matthews also foresaw Trump supporters causing violence and chaos in the streets of D.C.:

A lot of people are gonna show up who are pro-Trump. They’re gonna have their Confederate flags flying and their license plates and all kinds of trouble making. There’ll be a lot of other people, they’re gonna meet like in a storm, and you’re gonna have a real conflict.

Rest - https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/bill-dagostino/2019/07/05/video-all-tv-medias-false-doomsday-predictions-salute-america

Here’s the Worst Parts of CNN’s Deranged Hatefest After Trump’s Fourth of July Speech

Well, that was something. Over the course of about 28 minutes of airtime (including commercials) following the President’s Fourth of July event A Salute to America, CNN’s The Situation Room put on one of the most disgraceful displays of liberal media bias, Trump hatred, and slights at America you’ll ever see.

Attacking the President like bitter preschoolers, a cast of CNN personalities bashed the Trump speech as a “rudimentary” “eighth grade history” report ripping off of Schoolhouse Rock and Wikipedia to create a work of “jingoism and militaristic virtue.”

(another video at site)

Unfortunately, things were bad during the speech when, at the 7:06 p.m. Eastern mark, fill-in host Brianna Keilar interjected at the end of the President’s tribute to the Air Force for a commercial break and thus skipped portions of the Navy section. When she returned, the Trump-bashing began.

Keilar first gloated that “when you compare [the military] to say his approval ratings, which, I mean, there is a huge chasm between the two” and was followed up by former Obama administration official and retired Rear Admiral John Kirby.

Kirby blasted Trump’s harmless speech as “fairly eighth grade history” that “appropriat[ed]...military virtue for his own personal gain, so he’s wrapping himself around the flag and around these troops and these aircraft.”

CNN aired the rest of the speech, but afterward, the floodgates of stupid shattered into a million pieces. Kirby led by asserting that he’s “troubled about the militaristic tone of the whole thing” that was “fairly sepia toned, and saccharine in its depth and context” lacking anything “about where the country should be going, what we should be working on.”

The TDS sufferer then added that he could have “watch[ed] Schoolhouse Rock” instead of Trump because “it's just, again, not who we are as a country.”

With an assist from Keilar bashing it as “rudimentary,” CNN political analyst Ryan Lizza took cheapshots at Trump’s speechwriters as putrid copiers from Wikipedia (click “expand”):

Rest - https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/curtis-houck/2019/07/04/morbid-heres-worst-parts-cnns-deranged-hatefest-after-trumps-fourth

Gunny
07-06-2019, 04:26 PM
I watched the report on CBS from the morning after, just out of curiosity. They didn't lie. But talk about casting a bad light. They focused on the fact the weather sucked and guessing what it cost :rolleyes: And even thought it was a little blurb, they DID have to admit Trump's speech was not political. It was mentioned at a point where if you blinked, you missed it.

I didn't bother watching any of the other MSM outlets. Didn't see the point.

Kathianne
07-06-2019, 04:31 PM
I watched the report on CBS from the morning after, just out of curiosity. They didn't lie. But talk about casting a bad light. They focused on the fact the weather sucked and guessing what it cost :rolleyes: And even thought it was a little blurb, they DID have to admit Trump's speech was not political. It was mentioned at a point where if you blinked, you missed it.

I didn't bother watching any of the other MSM outlets. Didn't see the point.

That's been my take, though for the most part the reports I saw were mostly positive, though 'surprised.' The most negative thing I heard was about the airport and Revolutionary War, the subsequent explanation was given and noted there's always an excuse.

The one report I saw from Jake Tapper was totally positive, not sure why he's mentioned on the list in the OP, other than possibly out of context. We know only the left wing does that though.

Gunny
07-06-2019, 04:36 PM
I haven't heard either the "airport" or Revolutionary war thing. They complaining about Washington National/Reagan Airport being too small? It wasn't designed to handle the traffic it does. Dulles is. Spoiled ass rich kids just think the 45 minute ride is beneath them.

jimnyc
07-06-2019, 05:52 PM
That's been my take, though for the most part the reports I saw were mostly positive, though 'surprised.' The most negative thing I heard was about the airport and Revolutionary War, the subsequent explanation was given and noted there's always an excuse.

The one report I saw from Jake Tapper was totally positive, not sure why he's mentioned on the list in the OP, other than possibly out of context. We know only the left wing does that though.

The small blurb about Tapper was because he said the president was going to break with tradition and address the nation whereas that has happened many many times before. They of course like to twist everything and make it sound like this was a first.

Kathianne
07-06-2019, 05:53 PM
I haven't heard either the "airport" or Revolutionary war thing. They complaining about Washington National/Reagan Airport being too small? It wasn't designed to handle the traffic it does. Dulles is. Spoiled ass rich kids just think the 45 minute ride is beneath them.

He got carried away or according to him, it was messed up reading the teleprompter because of the rain:

The full riff:

"In June of 1775, the Continental Congress created a unified Army out of the Revolutionary Forces encamped around Boston and New York, and named after the great George Washington, commander in chief. The Continental Army suffered a bitter winter of Valley Forge, found glory across the waters of the Delaware and seized victory from Cornwallis of Yorktown.

"Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rocket’s red glare it had nothing but victory. And when dawn came, their star-spangled banner waved defiant."

Kathianne
07-06-2019, 05:55 PM
He got carried away or according to him, it was messed up reading the teleprompter because of the rain:

Not really mentioned was his throwing in a bit of the War of 1812 into the Revolutionary War. Ft. McHenry I'm pretty sure postdates the Revolution. ;)

Gunny
07-06-2019, 06:38 PM

Not really mentioned was his throwing in a bit of the War of 1812 into the Revolutionary War. Ft. McHenry I'm pretty sure postdates the Revolution. ;)I actually think those gaffes are funny :laugh:

And I will admit, I was right up Obama's ass for stating there are 57 states. I feel safe in allowing myself the luxury of that hypocrisy :)

Kathianne
07-06-2019, 07:29 PM
I actually think those gaffes are funny :laugh:

And I will admit, I was right up Obama's ass for stating there are 57 states. I feel safe in allowing myself the luxury of that hypocrisy :)

That's what I thought too. Great lines to bring up, but true misspeaks, no biggie.

Elessar
07-06-2019, 09:42 PM
I actually think those gaffes are funny :laugh:

That's what I thought too. Great lines to bring up, but true misspeaks, no biggie.

I find the gaffes to be amusing. Everyone does them, but the MSM outlets seem to catch and drag the
side they openly do not support into the forefront.

57 States! Bet he cannot name them, even the territories!:laugh:

Every speaker is going to have moments of gaffe. MSM makes opposing comments into a dog-pile
of condemnations and insult.

MSM is the problem, not the speakers. With the MSM, Freedom of the Press has backslid into
indoctrination, mind control, and forced opinions - Not accurate and applicable news, as was the intent to begin with.