PDA

View Full Version : Those Emails From Britain

Kathianne
07-07-2019, 08:59 PM
https://hotair.com/archives/taylormillard/2019/07/07/great-britain-looking-emails-criticizing-trump-released/

Great Britain Looking Into How Emails Criticizing Trump Were Released
TAYLOR MILLARDPosted at 8:01 pm on July 7, 2019

The British government is looking into how emails from their ambassador to the United States – which criticize President Donald Trump – ended up being made public.

The Daily Mail published bits and pieces of the cables from Sir Kim Darroch on Sunday which do not paint a pretty picture of what he thinks is going on in the White House.

Elessar
07-07-2019, 09:09 PM
Does the plot thicken?

More and more is coming out!

Kathianne
07-08-2019, 05:06 AM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/uk-trade-minister-to-apologize-to-ivanka-trump-after-leaked-cables-call-president-trump-inept-and-clumsy-report

DONALD TRUMPPublished 1 hour agoUK Trade Minister to apologize after leaked cables call Trump 'inept' and 'clumsy': report
By Bradford Betz | Fox News

The U.K.’s Trade Minister on Monday said he will apologize to Ivanka Trump after leaked diplomatic cables showed Britain’s ambassador to the United States describing President Trump as “dysfunctional” and “inept.”

Britain’s Secretary of State for International Trade Liam Fox is scheduled to meet with Ivanka Trump during his visit to Washington, Reuters reported.

STTAB
07-08-2019, 08:36 AM
I disagree with this guy's assessment of Trump, but these leaks are getting to be ridiculous, now even the Brits are leakings things they perceive to be bad for Trump.

Drummond
07-08-2019, 12:32 PM
I disagree with this guy's assessment of Trump, but these leaks are getting to be ridiculous, now even the Brits are leakings things they perceive to be bad for Trump.

Agreed.

From the British point of view, it'll obviously be very important to track down who, exactly, leaked any of this to the media, and to know precisely what the motivation was (... though I suppose that's pretty obvious ...).

What annoys me is the extent of SUPPORT Sir Kim Darroch is getting here, not least from Parliament. It's barely believable.

One of our MP's, Sir Bill Cash, spoke out today against Darroch in the House of Commons, but he was slapped down (vocally, not literally) by Alan Duncan. See ...

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/kim-darroch-donald-trump-leak-alan-duncan-bill-cash-brexit_uk_5d23670de4b04c481417fdbd?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAIyjaa2oSHjYhAdeEGhX1LEqlIZL ue1OENFLAFXBLkmFnjpaJcTKAAmdHmHosbb6f9O7oMPjRLjsvt RvTf_So_na0B2WSqjK8DvldXB5MahDB4lkTvTWPuWw0cDSxhWZ oNt7JULkNqD22_ig5kEy1lHa3mXTljWHv49AhPtDy3gs

A Brexiteer Tory MP has been slapped down by a Foreign Office minister after suggesting the diplomat at the centre of a leak scandal was unfit for the job because he was too pro-EU.

Sir Bill Cash was branded “deeply unworthy” after claiming Sir Kim Darroch, the British ambassador to the US, lacked judgment because he was “prejudiced” about Brussels.

The veteran Brexiteer also said leaked memos written by Darroch, which described Donald Trump’s administration as “inept”, were “toxic” and “unjustified”.

But responding in the Commons, fellow Tory MP and Foreign Office minister Sir Alan Duncan defended the diplomat’s “reporting of the highest quality”.

Later, Duncan also joked that he threw something at the radio after hearing Nigel Farage criticising Darroch in an interview on Monday morning.

The government has launched an inquiry to find the identity of the leaker, with Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt warning the culprit faces “very serious consequences”.

During an urgent question in the Commons on the scandal, Cash faced shouts of “shame on you” as he questioned Darroch’s suitability for the job following the leaks to the Mail on Sunday.

The Eurosecptic MP said: “These toxic and unjustified attacks on the president of the United States and his administration are regarded by many people as completely unjustified.

“As chairman of the European scrutiny committee I was more than well aware of Darroch’s own prejudices in relation to the EU.

“Surely it is not his so-called frankness which should be the issue but his lack of judgment, which disqualifies him from his post.”

Duncan hit back: “I consider (your) intervention deeply unworthy.

“He is a diplomat of calibre, and of integrity, nothing in his reporting from the embassy could ever be construed as an attack on the president of the United States, all of it was reporting of the highest quality which we expect of our diplomats and our diplomatic network.”

So, Darroch did NOT attack President Trump ? Surely that's at best a sick joke (and a lie !!). Alan Duncan went overboard in his efforts to defend Darroch. Even Theresa May (while also saying she disagreed with his assessment) defended Darroch in general terms, saying she still had faith in him.

The truth, I think, is this: our media have propagandised against President Trump to such a pitch that Darroch and people like him have become incapable of assessing Trump and his Administration fairly and objectively. Even if they could, the media would turn on them.

Darroch has his prejudices. We've been 'treated' to them today.

I'd like to see him sacked. But I don't think it'll happen.

STTAB
07-08-2019, 01:27 PM
Agreed.

From the British point of view, it'll obviously be very important to track down who, exactly, leaked any of this to the media, and to know precisely what the motivation was (... though I suppose that's pretty obvious ...).

What annoys me is the extent of SUPPORT Sir Kim Darroch is getting here, not least from Parliament. It's barely believable.

One of our MP's, Sir Bill Cash, spoke out today against Darroch in the House of Commons, but he was slapped down (vocally, not literally) by Alan Duncan. See ...

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/kim-darroch-donald-trump-leak-alan-duncan-bill-cash-brexit_uk_5d23670de4b04c481417fdbd?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAIyjaa2oSHjYhAdeEGhX1LEqlIZL ue1OENFLAFXBLkmFnjpaJcTKAAmdHmHosbb6f9O7oMPjRLjsvt RvTf_So_na0B2WSqjK8DvldXB5MahDB4lkTvTWPuWw0cDSxhWZ oNt7JULkNqD22_ig5kEy1lHa3mXTljWHv49AhPtDy3gs

So, Darroch did NOT attack President Trump ? Surely that's at best a sick joke (and a lie !!). Alan Duncan went overboard in his efforts to defend Darroch. Even Theresa May (while also saying she disagreed with his assessment) defended Darroch in general terms, saying she still had faith in him.

The truth, I think, is this: our media have propagandised against President Trump to such a pitch that Darroch and people like him have become incapable of assessing Trump and his Administration fairly and objectively. Even if they could, the media would turn on them.

The sad thing is that it is quite clear to most of us that Trump is actually quite a bit smarter than the usual national politicians, that's some damn faint praise but being called stupid by the likes of Corey Booker or what have you has to have zero sting at all..

Drummond
07-08-2019, 02:22 PM
The sad thing is that it is quite clear to most of us that Trump is actually quite a bit smarter than the usual national politicians, that's some damn faint praise but being called stupid by the likes of Corey Booker or what have you has to have zero sting at all..

Well ... Trump is certainly smart enough to know how to deal with adversaries. Darroch has shown such bias that he can't be thought of in any other terms.

'Breaking news' over here, fresh from the BBC ....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48914294

US President Donald Trump has stepped up his attack on the UK's ambassador in Washington, saying "we will no longer deal with him".

In tweets on Monday, he said Sir Kim Darroch was "not liked or well thought of within the US".

Sir Kim had described President Trump's administration as "inept" in leaked emails.

Mr Trump again criticised UK Prime Minister Theresa May's handling of Brexit, describing it as "a mess".

Earlier, Mrs May's spokesman said she had "full faith" in Sir Kim, but did not agree with his assessment of the president.

The leak was "absolutely unacceptable", the spokesman said, adding that the PM's office had made contact with the White House.

Mr Trump had already responded by saying "we're not big fans of that man and he has not served the UK well".

His assessment is spot on, definitely over Brexit. Even if a lot of our Brexit mess came from the EU's own behaviour, and how they'll not move an inch on the 'deal' they offered .. still, on our side, we should've been MUCH tougher.

Certainly, in Mrs May's place, Trump would have been. It would've been impossible for him to do any worse than Mrs May did.

Note what I reported before from Alan Duncan (Conservative MP). His own defence of Darroch was unreal and actually disgusting. There is no way whatever that calling Trump's Administration 'inept' was less than the very attack on President Trump he claimed it WASN'T.

Mrs May's own support of Darroch has obviously infuriated Trump. I fully sympathise with him.

Noir
07-09-2019, 12:21 AM
Agreed.

If the private correspondence by Darroch had been positive about the Trump administration would that also of been evidence of his personal prejudice?

Drummond
07-09-2019, 11:13 AM
If the private correspondence by Darroch had been positive about the Trump administration would that also of been evidence of his personal prejudice?

Only a Left winger (in order to advance an agenda, naturally) would conclude that accurate reporting must equate to 'personal prejudice'.

Trump made it clear from the very beginning that he had an intention to 'drain the swamp' in Washington. Meaning, in terms of his approach ... what, exactly ?

Meaning that his was an Administration with its own direction, its own clear goals, and one where Trump would not view opposition to him, his leadership, favourably.

Indeed ... why should he ?

Our 'idiot' Ambassador must somehow believe that you can simultaneously have a 'new broom sweeps clean' approach applied concurrently with total smoothness within the echelons of power. This, along with his sheer judgmentality, certainly marks him out as an idiot. An abusive idiot ... whose 'diplomacy' fails to be diplomatic when his prejudices get in the way.

For the life of me, I can't see why Theresa May is determined to keep on supporting Sir Kim. Still, it doesn't much matter .. not if her imminent replacement can prove himself to be better than she was (& is).

Noir
07-09-2019, 11:15 AM
Only a Left winger (in order to advance an agenda, naturally) would conclude that accurate reporting must equate to 'personal prejudice'.

How can you not see the irony here?

Drummond
07-09-2019, 12:29 PM
How can you not see the irony here?

Because there's none to see.

I don't see your 'problem' ... other than my continuing to punch holes in your propagandising efforts, Noir.

Noir, you're well aware of British prejudices against the 'brash' President Trump. That UK Ambassador did his job while clinging on to his British mindset and British sensibilities, and he's allowed all that to totally subvert his objectivity.

This itself disqualifies him from being fit for his job, quite apart from the disgusting remarks themselves.

Governments have a right to expect reporting and commentaries from their diplomats abroad, but if these comments lack objectivity .. and more, don't pay heed to domestic context .. then, those diplomats fail to do a useful job.

Sir Kim is very evidently not suited to his job, and has done UK-US relations harm (not exactly his role !!). He should be immediately recalled.