PDA

View Full Version : UN Working To Form Constitutional Committee To Rebuild Syria After ISIS

Gunny
07-11-2019, 02:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=158&v=cmTrYtQPwL8

Anything that doesn't say "Assad is President for Life" won't be okay with Assad and Russia. Why is the UN involved suddenly anyway? Oh yeah. The fighting is over :rolleyes:

Elessar
07-11-2019, 03:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=158&v=cmTrYtQPwL8

Anything that doesn't say "Assad is President for Life" won't be okay with Assad and Russia. Why is the UN involved suddenly anyway? Oh yeah. The fighting is over :rolleyes:

Where has the UN been the past 10 years?

Sitting on the sideline and waiting for the USA to act, which did
not happen with Obama and his famous "Line in the Sand" declarations.

Gunny
07-11-2019, 03:12 PM
I've always thought we should drop out of the UN. Talk about not getting a return on our investment :rolleyes:

STTAB
07-12-2019, 11:15 AM
I've always thought we should drop out of the UN. Talk about not getting a return on our investment :rolleyes:

The UN makes the US Congress look useful. I mean thats saying something right there.

Gunny
07-12-2019, 06:03 PM
The UN makes the US Congress look useful. I mean thats saying something right there.The UN just likes to spend US money use US military assets. I see no point to its existence as far as any benefit to the US, or the World for that matter.

So, they take US military personnel and stick pussy blue helmets on them, put them on US ships on Humanitarian Assists around the World to hand out US supplies and call it a "UN mission" :rolleyes:

Elessar
07-12-2019, 06:55 PM
The UN just likes to spend US money use US military assets. I see no point to its existence as far as any benefit to the US, or the World for that matter.

So, they take US military personnel and stick pussy blue helmets on them, put them on US ships on Humanitarian Assists around the World to hand out US supplies and call it a "UN mission" :rolleyes:

Those helmets always bugged me. Keep the branches' uniform headgear and wear a damn patch!

Gunny
07-12-2019, 07:03 PM
Those helmets always bugged me. Keep the branches' uniform headgear and wear a damn patch!I am completely against being farmed out to the UN. I did NOT sign a contract agreeing to be merc'd to the highest bidder. I was in fact prepared to refuse to go if we'd gotten stuck going to Bosnia.

My contract says "Support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic". I DON'T see "and other countries that don't matter a damn to the aforementioned" in the language.

I know of one Marine Captain that did in fact get court-martialed for refusing to go based on the same justification as I have given. To each his own. THAT was going to be my line in the sand had it happened (there was a chance). Having a French commander just sounds SO wrong to a Marine grunt :laugh:

STTAB
07-18-2019, 10:01 AM
I am completely against being farmed out to the UN. I did NOT sign a contract agreeing to be merc'd to the highest bidder. I was in fact prepared to refuse to go if we'd gotten stuck going to Bosnia.

My contract says "Support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic". I DON'T see "and other countries that don't matter a damn to the aforementioned" in the language.

I know of one Marine Captain that did in fact get court-martialed for refusing to go based on the same justification as I have given. To each his own. THAT was going to be my line in the sand had it happened (there was a chance). Having a French commander just sounds SO wrong to a Marine grunt :laugh:

I've nothing against joint defense compacts. When I went to Iraq the first time around we had British, French, German, and many other countries who had soldiers who were technically if not actually under US Command, and in fact that's they way it worked in WWII as well, Eisenhower was Allied Supreme Commander, meaning every other countries military answered to him, not just our soldiers.

What I mind is that the UN is completely feckless and the crap rises to the top and they purposely avoid the US having any role in command. Any thinking person might say the country that hosts the UN , funds the majority of the UN , and provides the bulk of the military might of the UN might need to play a significant role in the leadership of the UN, and yet no American has ever been the President of the UN nor the military commander of the UN. Quite the opposite in fact the leadership of the UN literally spits on us at every oppurtunity.

Gunny
07-29-2019, 07:37 PM
I've nothing against joint defense compacts. When I went to Iraq the first time around we had British, French, German, and many other countries who had soldiers who were technically if not actually under US Command, and in fact that's they way it worked in WWII as well, Eisenhower was Allied Supreme Commander, meaning every other countries military answered to him, not just our soldiers.

What I mind is that the UN is completely feckless and the crap rises to the top and they purposely avoid the US having any role in command. Any thinking person might say the country that hosts the UN , funds the majority of the UN , and provides the bulk of the military might of the UN might need to play a significant role in the leadership of the UN, and yet no American has ever been the President of the UN nor the military commander of the UN. Quite the opposite in fact the leadership of the UN literally spits on us at every oppurtunity.I don't know that I ever really cared about being on joint exercises one way or the other. Been around the ROK Marines and Royal Marines a time or two.

My issue at the time was this. Bosnia WHO? This is threatening the US HOW? Reagan was a warmonger. GHWB was a warmonger. But not Bill. Does he even get (dis)credit for involving us in that? Never hear about it.

Your synopsis of the UN though is MY answer as to why the FU to them. I also happened to agree with the Captain. He, and we, didn't sign up to be farmed out as mercs. I served the United States. Not some global bureaucratic FUBAR nutroll that couldn't make a decision in a month much less a minute.