PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Mayor Permanently Bans ICE From Accessing Police Databases Ahead Of Raids

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-12-2019, 07:09 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/chicago-mayor-lori-lightfoot-bans-ice-police-databases-235505767.html

U.S.
Chicago Mayor Permanently Bans ICE From Accessing Police Databases Ahead Of Raids
HuffPost Sanjana Karanth,HuffPost 12 hours ago

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said Wednesday that her city has permanently banned U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement from accessing the Chicago Police Department’s databases ahead of looming ICE raids to detain undocumented immigrants.

Chicago police “will not team up with ICE to detain any resident,” the mayor said after meeting with business leaders and immigration rights advocates at Lurie Children’s Hospital. “They’re not going to be facilitating or otherwise providing any assistance in any raids ― whether it’s traffic stops [or] additional support. … We have also cut off ICE from any access from any CPD databases and that will remain permanent.”

Please send Federal marshalls to arrest that ffing bitch..-Tyr

CSM
07-12-2019, 07:29 AM
Please send Federal marshalls to arrest that ffing bitch..-Tyr

There is a reason why Chicago is one of the murder capitols of the world.... just sayin

STTAB
07-12-2019, 08:46 AM
I'd bet anyone $1K that Chicago has an existing agreement with ICE that provides them with federal dollars in exchange for among other things access to their database , and I'd further bet that if the feds decided to cut off the money since they have lost access to the database Chicago would sue.

My IMMEDIATE response if I were Trump would be to flood Chicago with ICE agents , I'd prioritize Chicago and start deporting every illegal alien I came across.

CSM
07-12-2019, 09:05 AM
I'd bet anyone $1K that Chicago has an existing agreement with ICE that provides them with federal dollars in exchange for among other things access to their database , and I'd further bet that if the feds decided to cut off the money since they have lost access to the database Chicago would sue.

My IMMEDIATE response if I were Trump would be to flood Chicago with ICE agents , I'd prioritize Chicago and start deporting every illegal alien I came across.

I like that idea.

Gunny
07-13-2019, 09:40 AM

I like that idea.Me 3.

If there's one thing that DOES really piss me off about Trump is the shit he takes from Dems/the left just bold-faced violating the law and him doing nothing. O-blah-blah sure as Hell wouldn't have given a damn and done what he wanted regardless what anyone else said or the law. Like he did for 8 years.

As long as the right/Republicans continue to play by the rules the Dems are using against them, they have about as much chance at winning as the US had in Vietnam.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-13-2019, 11:42 AM
HYPOTHETICALLY: The citizens of America should declare a "day of lawlessness," where they pick and chose what laws they want to ignore, and when the millions of cases hit the courts, their defense should be that if entire cities and states can be in blatant violation of federal law, then why can't anyone do the same thing.

Gunny
07-13-2019, 11:50 AM
HYPOTHETICALLY: The citizens of America should declare a "day of lawlessness," where they pick and chose what laws they want to ignore, and when the millions of cases hit the courts, their defense should be that if entire cities and states can be in blatant violation of federal law, then why can't anyone do the same thing.I get what you're saying. I don't think it's the right answer anymore than I think Trump pulling an O-blah-blah is the right answer. It's just "an answer', and if it's all you got to fight with and you're getting your ass kicked otherwise, I say go for it.

When the law is being used to destroy the law then something has to be done. All the righteous people who want to hide behind the law as an excuse to do nothing aren't going to have a place to hide when the law is gone.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-13-2019, 11:54 AM
I get what you're saying. I don't think it's the right answer anymore than I think Trump pulling an O-blah-blah is the right answer. It's just "an answer', and if it's all you got to fight with and you're getting your ass kicked otherwise, I say go for it.

When the law is being used to destroy the law then something has to be done. All the righteous people who want to hide behind the law as an excuse to do nothing aren't going to have a place to hide when the law is gone.
I honestly don't know how cities and states can be in blatant violation of federal law and get away with it.

WTH is going on in America? I think charges of TREASON should be brought on ALL of them, because if what's going on with the democrats HARBORING and PROTECTING illegal aliens ISN'T treason, then please explain to me WHAT IS?

Gunny
07-13-2019, 12:12 PM
I honestly don't know how cities and states can be in blatant violation of federal law and get away with it.

WTH is going on in America? I think charges of TREASON should be brought on ALL of them, because if what's going on with the democrats HARBORING and PROTECTING illegal aliens ISN'T treason, then please explain to me WHAT IS?It's simple. Trump went to cut off their funding and the Dems got a leftwingnut court to block it.

I'm going to agree with another member here and say Trump should just do it anyway. He's the President/Chief Executive/CinC. I would use his declared "State of Emergency" as the vehicle to shut it down. Anyone who doesn't consider undocumented people aboard the ship as a threat need to get their heads examined. It's a threat to security and infrastructure at a minimum.

And what about the IRS? They don't seem to miss a damned dime of my money and they're quite proactive and gung ho about collecting it. Turn the IRS loose on these illegals. They can find people the draft board can't.

In this state at least, aiding and abetting criminals makes you just as guilty as the criminal for whatever the crime whether or not you participated. Throw the mayor in jail on Federal charges.

The left is pulling this shit quite simply because it has not been stopped.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-13-2019, 12:26 PM
It's simple. Trump went to cut off their funding and the Dems got a leftwingnut court to block it.

I'm going to agree with another member here and say Trump should just do it anyway. He's the President/Chief Executive/CinC. I would use his declared "State of Emergency" as the vehicle to shut it down. Anyone who doesn't consider undocumented people aboard the ship as a threat need to get their heads examined. It's a threat to security and infrastructure at a minimum.

And what about the IRS? They don't seem to miss a damned dime of my money and they're quite proactive and gung ho about collecting it. Turn the IRS loose on these illegals. They can find people the draft board can't.

In this state at least, aiding and abetting criminals makes you just as guilty as the criminal for whatever the crime whether or not you participated. Throw the mayor in jail on Federal charges.

The left is pulling this shit quite simply because it has not been stopped.
100% agreement right there.

They're doing it because NO ONE is doing a damn thing to STOP THEM. Trump tried but he can't do everything alone. He needs the republicans to start backing him. I'm pretty disgusted with them right now. They're all MIA.

And we all know what the underlying reason for all this is... VOTES. All these illegal aliens are the democrats new voting block. They have thrown legal American citizens under the bus in hopes that all the illegals they have/are flooding America with are here to STAY, and they can register, even illegally, all of them in hopes that they vote DEMOCRAT. That's why the democrats are having a holy shit fit over Trump wanting to start deporting them. They don't want to LOSE any of their new voters. Now if that isn't anti American, I don't know what is. Hoping that NON CITIZENS sway an American election, which brings up another point, why the republicans just SIT BACK and seemingly IGNORE all this going on, KNOWING what the democrats intentions, and that it can mean the repubs will LOSE elections, what the hell are they thinking? Do they WANT to lose?

Gunny
07-13-2019, 01:00 PM
100% agreement right there.

They're doing it because NO ONE is doing a damn thing to STOP THEM. Trump tried but he can't do everything alone. He needs the republicans to start backing him. I'm pretty disgusted with them right now. They're all MIA.

And we all know what the underlying reason for all this is... VOTES. All these illegal aliens are the democrats new voting block. They have thrown legal American citizens under the bus in hopes that all the illegals they have/are flooding America with are here to STAY, and they can register, even illegally, all of them in hopes that they vote DEMOCRAT. That's why the democrats are having a holy shit fit over Trump wanting to start deporting them. They don't want to LOSE any of their new voters. Now if that isn't anti American, I don't know what is. Hoping that NON CITIZENS sway an American election, which brings up another point, why the republicans just SIT BACK and seemingly IGNORE all this going on, KNOWING what the democrats intentions, and that it can mean the repubs will LOSE elections, what the hell are they thinking? Do they WANT to lose?
Seems like a lot of trouble for the Dems to go to when they're going to cheat and try and steal the election anyway. They think a bunch of illegals is going to somehow give them legitimacy?

High_Plains_Drifter
07-13-2019, 01:57 PM
Seems like a lot of trouble for the Dems to go to when they're going to cheat and try and steal the election anyway. They think a bunch of illegals is going to somehow give them legitimacy?
I think after the blood bath the dems went through with obama losing literally thousands of seats of government from mayors to governors and whatnot, that they're chances of winning future elections can't be counted on by legal American voters. They have obviously decided that to ensure the future of their party holding onto any kind of power, they need to shore up their voting base, and they see that as all the illegal aliens.

I think that's it in a nut shell.

icansayit
07-13-2019, 03:16 PM
Just like Rahm...she needs all the illegal votes she can get. End of story.

Elessar
07-13-2019, 08:14 PM
My opinion is easy:

Here illegally, booted legally as per U.S Law.

STTAB
07-15-2019, 08:03 AM

WTH is going on in America? I think charges of TREASON should be brought on ALL of them, because if what's going on with the democrats HARBORING and PROTECTING illegal aliens ISN'T treason, then please explain to me WHAT IS?

This is where Democrats are sneaky as hell. They aren't violating federal law, these sanctuary cities aren't really doing shit, but they have fooled their supporters into thinking they have, and unfortunately they have also fooled some conservatives into believing they have.

The law does NOT require local officials to notify ICE about illegals, nor does the law require local officials to give ICE access to their police databases. So when locals do either of those things, they are not violating the law.

When these Democratic dumb shits DO violate the law, such as when that idiotic judge had that illegal taken out through her chambers to avoid the ICE agents who were waiting to make an arrest, they are arrested. But that's rare bc mostly Democrats want to talk a big game but they aren't going to actually break the law for people who they don't really care about, they just pretend to.

Gunny
07-15-2019, 08:40 AM
This is where Democrats are sneaky as hell. They aren't violating federal law, these sanctuary cities aren't really doing shit, but they have fooled their supporters into thinking they have, and unfortunately they have also fooled some conservatives into believing they have.

The law does NOT require local officials to notify ICE about illegals, nor does the law require local officials to give ICE access to their police databases. So when locals do either of those things, they are not violating the law.

When these Democratic dumb shits DO violate the law, such as when that idiotic judge had that illegal taken out through her chambers to avoid the ICE agents who were waiting to make an arrest, they are arrested. But that's rare bc mostly Democrats want to talk a big game but they aren't going to actually break the law for people who they don't really care about, they just pretend to.Interesting. So theoretically, the Fed could just withdraw all support from local and state governments. Well, except the Dem's got a rent-a-judge on top of that real quick.

This is where I'm with you in the "Trump should just do it anyway" camp. He should just cut them off anyway. Wonder if that would take as long to wind through the courts as all the frivilous paper the Dems have dumped on him?:rolleyes:

STTAB
07-15-2019, 09:05 AM
Interesting. So theoretically, the Fed could just withdraw all support from local and state governments. Well, except the Dem's got a rent-a-judge on top of that real quick.

This is where I'm with you in the "Trump should just do it anyway" camp. He should just cut them off anyway. Wonder if that would take as long to wind through the courts as all the frivilous paper the Dems have dumped on him?:rolleyes:

It may interest you to know that Los Angelas did recently sue the Trump Administration because they used cooperating with ICE as a factor in determing which city got a specific policing grant. Of course a federal judge ruled against the federal government but a 3 panel unit of the 9th circuit reversed the injunction that shit bird judge had ruled and said that LA can go pound sand.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/9th-circuit-rules-in-favor-of-trump-administration-in-sanctuary-city-case

You know a judge is making rulings based on something other than law when the 9th circuit rules in favor of the Trump Admin.

Gunny
07-15-2019, 09:21 AM
It may interest you to know that Los Angelas did recently sue the Trump Administration because they used cooperating with ICE as a factor in determing which city got a specific policing grant. Of course a federal judge ruled against the federal government but a 3 panel unit of the 9th circuit reversed the injunction that shit bird judge had ruled and said that LA can go pound sand.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/9th-circuit-rules-in-favor-of-trump-administration-in-sanctuary-city-case

You know a judge is making rulings based on something other than law when the 9th circuit rules in favor of the Trump Admin.Odd that ruling not being covered by the MSM :rolleyes: AOC must have farted or accused Trump of doing so at the same time. Much more newsworthy.

STTAB
07-15-2019, 09:24 AM
Odd that ruling not being covered by the MSM :rolleyes: AOC must have farted or accused Trump of doing so at the same time. Much more newsworthy.

If Trump personally invested $1B and cured cancer the MSM would not cover it as news. I'll say this though, the man continually does things that hurt himself so I'm quickly losing sympathy for him in the area of bad news coverage. I'm sick of his stupid ass tweets and such.

Gunny
07-15-2019, 09:34 AM
If Trump personally invested $1B and cured cancer the MSM would not cover it as news. I'll say this though, the man continually does things that hurt himself so I'm quickly losing sympathy for him in the area of bad news coverage. I'm sick of his stupid ass tweets and such.I've been bitching for someone to take his cell since before he was elected. Kathianne posted something yesterday where Trump outdid himself insulting the noobs in Congress.

It was a pointless attack and just allowed them to squeal racism in unison. Again. Which I am also tired of.

I have to admit, it DID make me laugh though. That doesn't mean I think it's okay behavior. It just means I thought it was funny the way he got them all wound up and squealing "racist".

I think this would be a WHOLE different story if the stupid Democrats weren't acting as they are. If they were behaving like adults and people elected to take care of this country, I think Trump would have himself in a lot more hot water.

STTAB
07-15-2019, 10:23 AM
I've been bitching for someone to take his cell since before he was elected. Kathianne posted something yesterday where Trump outdid himself insulting the noobs in Congress.

It was a pointless attack and just allowed them to squeal racism in unison. Again. Which I am also tired of.

I have to admit, it DID make me laugh though. That doesn't mean I think it's okay behavior. It just means I thought it was funny the way he got them all wound up and squealing "racist".

I think this would be a WHOLE different story if the stupid Democrats weren't acting as they are. If they were behaving like adults and people elected to take care of this country, I think Trump would have himself in a lot more hot water.

That tweet REALLY pissed me off Gunny. I mean he could have had a great day by defending Nancy as not being a racist, etc etc, That would have been great, but then he has to tweet out something stupid and offensive. Yeah okay it was funny, but I don't support Trump because he's funny. I'm sick of him shooting himself in the foot like this. All it does is open the door for one of the incompetent Republicans to further blast him and of course the incompetent Democrats are going to blast him either way.

Gunny
07-15-2019, 06:23 PM
That tweet REALLY pissed me off Gunny. I mean he could have had a great day by defending Nancy as not being a racist, etc etc, That would have been great, but then he has to tweet out something stupid and offensive. Yeah okay it was funny, but I don't support Trump because he's funny. I'm sick of him shooting himself in the foot like this. All it does is open the door for one of the incompetent Republicans to further blast him and of course the incompetent Democrats are going to blast him either way.On one had, he runs a brilliant campaign against the Dems using social media to get around the MSM blocking him out or seriously editing his stuff. On the other hand? Shit like this.

I can't disagree with anything he said :laugh:

I CAN disagree with him saying it at all. Given his position as President, AND the bullseye in a Dem shooting gallery, why give them anything? Other than a laugh, it was pointless and self-destructive, IMO. Been bitching about it for 2 years and it hasn't shut him up once :)

I was a lot more interested in the goings-on on "As the Lynch Mob Turns" when there was something actually Presidential or Congressional being done besides tossing barbs at one another.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-15-2019, 06:36 PM
On one had, he runs a brilliant campaign against the Dems using social media to get around the MSM blocking him out or seriously editing his stuff. On the other hand? Shit like this.

I can't disagree with anything he said :laugh:

I CAN disagree with him saying it at all. Given his position as President, AND the bullseye in a Dem shooting gallery, why give them anything? Other than a laugh, it was pointless and self-destructive, IMO. Been bitching about it for 2 years and it hasn't shut him up once :)

I was a lot more interested in the goings-on on "As the Lynch Mob Turns" when there was something actually Presidential or Congressional being done besides tossing barbs at one another.
I think it was brilliant. All he did was say what millions of Americans were either thinking or have said themselves, and it was meant to trigger the squad, and it did. He's throwing them the rope and they're hanging themselves.

It's brilliant.

STTAB
07-16-2019, 10:58 AM
I think it was brilliant. All he did was say what millions of Americans were either thinking or have said themselves, and it was meant to trigger the squad, and it did. He's throwing them the rope and they're hanging themselves.

It's brilliant.

But let's face it man there is literally NOTHING Trump could do that would upset you, you're just not unbiased when it comes to him LOL