PDA

View Full Version : Racist/Fascist?

Kathianne
07-14-2019, 12:03 AM
It's been beastly hot! Today it went to 111. Going to be hotter the next few days. Talking to one of my friends and we decided to go to the high school to see the Children's Theater version of, A Lion King this evening.

I keep my AC at 83, the bill comes to around $85 a month, about $20 higher than no AC. Walked into the auditorium, it was like 70. Ahhhhh!

The kids did a great job, not Broadway, but really quite good. Looked like there were a couple 2-4 graders, more middle schoolers, and a few high schoolers. They put everything together in 5 weeks. No mics, simple scenery, simple costumes. They did all the African language songs. Really quite impressive.

Followed the play with Dairy Queen and it was a really good night.

Gunny
07-14-2019, 09:05 AM
African? Racist. What do SW US desert rats know about Africa anyway? Y'all are just stereotyping from what you see on BET :halo9:

Gunny
07-14-2019, 11:06 AM
Our weather is absolutely horrible. I could use some 110 dry, desert heat. Our whole Spring/Summer has sucked. It was humid and cloudy with not much actual rain most of the Spring. Going into June the temp is still going up but the humidity won't go away as it usually does. So we get about 97 and a hot wet blanket to breathe through :)

The garage gym is not very appealing at the moment :)

Kathianne
07-14-2019, 11:07 AM
Our weather is absolutely horrible. I could use some 110 dry, desert heat. Our whole Spring/Summer has sucked. It was humid and cloudy with not much actual rain most of the Spring. Going into June the temp is still going up but the humidity won't go away as it usually does. So we get about 97 and a hot wet blanket to breathe through :)

The garage gym is not very appealing at the moment :)

It's humid here too, not Chicago humid, but much more than normal. Still no rain.

Gunny
07-14-2019, 11:16 AM
It's humid here too, not Chicago humid, but much more than normal. Still no rain.For here, we've had rain. It rained more than usual the entire month of June.

We are at the mercy of the SW and the Gulf. If the low pressure from the Gulf is dominant, we usually get humidity and rain. If the high pressure is from the SW/4 Corners is dominant, we get desert weather. San Antonio sits right on the line between the two.

Same goes for winter. We can go a couple of years with basically no real winter or we can freeze our butts off if high pressure from the North comes this far south. It's just a pain in the butt. At the moment, breathing outside sucks.

Abbey Marie
07-14-2019, 06:46 PM
It's humid here too, not Chicago humid, but much more than normal. Still no rain.

Really, humid? That seems unfair.

Elessar
07-14-2019, 08:16 PM
Humidity here is very rare. The sea breezes from the NW or SW push it inland.

I remember summer days in Yorktown VA where the humidity would
damn near knock you over stepping outside.

icansayit
07-14-2019, 08:22 PM
We live in the Northern Hemisphere, in July, and it is Summer.

Hot? Humid? Scorching? Thunder storms? Drought? GO FIGURE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Hd8qi1Y80

Kathianne
07-14-2019, 08:24 PM
For here, we've had rain. It rained more than usual the entire month of June.

We are at the mercy of the SW and the Gulf. If the low pressure from the Gulf is dominant, we usually get humidity and rain. If the high pressure is from the SW/4 Corners is dominant, we get desert weather. San Antonio sits right on the line between the two.

Same goes for winter. We can go a couple of years with basically no real winter or we can freeze our butts off if high pressure from the North comes this far south. It's just a pain in the butt. At the moment, breathing outside sucks.

We had rain quite often and even quite heavy through April/May. None since. LOL!

Kathianne
07-14-2019, 08:25 PM
We live in the Northern Hemisphere, in July, and it is Summer.

Hot? Humid? Scorching? Thunder storms? Drought? GO FIGURE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Hd8qi1Y80

Righto. Some of us though are in the desert, but whatever.

Gunny
07-15-2019, 07:30 AM
Righto. Some of us though are in the desert, but whatever.I preferred NOT rain in the desert. Usually, when it rained in 29 Palms, crap (like cars, trailers, etc) was floating past the house down the wash :laugh:

Kathianne
07-15-2019, 07:47 AM
I preferred NOT rain in the desert. Usually, when it rained in 29 Palms, crap (like cars, trailers, etc) was floating past the house down the wash :laugh:

We'd get that kind of rain in Sedona, so far not here.

Gunny
07-15-2019, 08:36 AM
We'd get that kind of rain in Sedona, so far not here.I couldn't say why. I've never lived in the part of the desert you do. I can venture a guess at your humidity because I ran into in El Centro (if you ever go west on 8 to CA it's a wide spot farming community). Irrigation. Driving into El Centro out of the desert is like hitting a wall of sticky until you get past the place. I assume most population centers with any kind of ag are probably the same.

29 Palms is in the mountains in the Hi Desert. The rain hits the washes there and fills them up to overflowing really quick. It's actually very dangerous given that people love to live in and along the washes. The flash floods can start in the mountains miles away and hit without warning. Maybe not so much now. We didn't have the Weather Channel back then :)