PDA

View Full Version : I'm not as young as I once was

STTAB
07-16-2019, 03:14 PM
Back in the day I used to climb up in the barn loft roll out a round bale of hay onto the back of the truck and them just leap out of the barn onto the bale, and then onto the ground.

Or more importantly to this post, I have a swimming pool in my backyard, we have a lattice topped deck that extends out to within 10 feet of the pool that runs almost the entire length of the house. So it's 8 foot off the ground and 10 ' from the pool. Well, 10 years ago when we first put that deck up the first thing we did was of course climb up on it and jump off into the pool.

Well last night my younger brother and I (I say younger, but he's 42, not exactly a youngster himself) decided that we were still in good enough shape to make that jump.

Well I made the jump okay, but damn I'm sore today . My brother also made the jump, but had to miss work today due to a pulled hamstring LOL

Gunny
07-16-2019, 03:55 PM
Back in the day I used to climb up in the barn loft roll out a round bale of hay onto the back of the truck and them just leap out of the barn onto the bale, and then onto the ground.

Or more importantly to this post, I have a swimming pool in my backyard, we have a lattice topped deck that extends out to within 10 feet of the pool that runs almost the entire length of the house. So it's 8 foot off the ground and 10 ' from the pool. Well, 10 years ago when we first put that deck up the first thing we did was of course climb up on it and jump off into the pool.

Well last night my younger brother and I (I say younger, but he's 42, not exactly a youngster himself) decided that we were still in good enough shape to make that jump.

Well I made the jump okay, but damn I'm sore today . My brother also made the jump, but had to miss work today due to a pulled hamstring LOL

It gets worse. Wait :)

Abbey Marie
07-16-2019, 04:00 PM
It gets worse. Wait :)

Yeah, eventually it’s hard to even get on the deck.

:coffee:

Gunny
07-16-2019, 04:03 PM
Yeah, eventually it’s hard to even get on the deck.

:coffee::laugh: