PDA

View Full Version : Another Prime TV Goodie...

High_Plains_Drifter
07-17-2019, 10:15 PM
... just finished watching the second episode of "GOING POSTAL." What a neat little show, I really liked it, and found the character, Adora Belle Dearheart, (Claire Foy), to be oddly attractive.

If you have Amazon Prime, it's a must watch in my opinion. Very fun, cool story.

Abbey Marie
07-17-2019, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the suggestion.

Just finished Season 1 of True Detective on HBO. Very well done, and Harrelson and McConaughey were both very good.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-18-2019, 07:45 PM
I see that "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" which is a Prime Original, swept the Emmys. I'll have to admit, I enjoyed the first season of that show so much that I BINGED WATCHED the entire second season, which was a really bad idea, because it leaves you wanting more. It's a great show though, it draws you into the characters and the story and you just want more. I see that they are in production of season III, and I plan to watch a show a night, or at least not watch them all at once, but I can't wait... https://tvline.com/2019/04/08/marvelous-mrs-maisel-season-3-episode-count-amazon/

But there are so many good shows Amazon Prime TV. For $9.95 @ month you get Amazon Prime. I bought it to get the free shipping, and then found the TV. I realized I had the Prime app already installed on my new 4K LG TV, it's fantastic. NO commercials, programs in 4K, and plenty of content. $10 a month. Who can argue with that?

I know Bezos is the richest man on earth, but I really like Amazon. They have music too but I have Spotify Premium and that would be very hard to top. I have the Spotify app built into my new Yamaha Aventage RX-A3080 home theater receiver, so I can stream it direct via USB A to B cable straight from my modem into the receiver, so the sound is ultra clean and absolutely wonderful.

Yep... I'm singing the praises of Amazon Prime. If you don't have it, you should. This last show I watched, Going Postal, is a highly entertaining little show, clean, engaging, fun story, and NO COMMERCIALS, FREE with Prime. Heck man, I love it.

Kathianne
07-18-2019, 07:55 PM
I second Mrs. Maisel. Also Jack Ryan is great.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-18-2019, 08:08 PM
I second Mrs. Maisel. Also Jack Ryan is great.
Have you watched "Going Postal?"

I think you'd really like it. Great story, super fun little show, only two episodes.

Abbey Marie
07-18-2019, 10:45 PM
We liked very much recently on Prime:
Jack Ryan
The Widow

About to check out:
Homecoming

High_Plains_Drifter
07-18-2019, 10:49 PM
We liked very much recently on Prime:
Jack Ryan
The Widow

About to check out:
Homecoming
I keep hearing "Jack Ryan." I think I watched some but wasn't really immersed. I might have to check it out again now.

Homecoming... I'll have to check that one too.

The AWESOME thing about Prime TV originals is many of them are in 4K and look awesome on my TV. I know... irrelevant to most... but the other thing is... NO COMMERCIALS... you just can't beat that.