PDA

View Full Version : Just thought I'd share

jimnyc
09-04-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm on my 3rd large cup of coffee right now. My heart is beating fast enough to power a small community. I think coffee is the key to eliminating nuclear power plants!:coffee:

retiredman
09-04-2007, 08:38 AM
ever since my heart attack, my pulse does that without coffee! I can only have one cup of half caf - half decaf a day. damn, do I miss it!

shattered
09-04-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm on my 3rd large cup of coffee right now. My heart is beating fast enough to power a small community. I think coffee is the key to eliminating nuclear power plants!:coffee:

Candy-ass. Some of us have been consuming it (in espresso form) for 3 hours now, and still aren't awake enough to function.

glockmail
09-04-2007, 08:41 AM
ever since my heart attack, my pulse does that without coffee! I can only have one cup of half caf - half decaf a day. damn, do I miss it!

Here, have some salt.... :coffee:

jimnyc
09-04-2007, 08:42 AM

Yikes, take care of yourself man!

I tried the 1/2 and half thing before and got headaches for my efforts. My body is rebelling against care and has a desire for coffee and junk. It has a way of fighting back whenever I attempt to feed it anything considered "good".

jimnyc
09-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Candy-ass. Some of us have been consuming it (in espresso form) for 3 hours now, and still aren't awake enough to function.

No way! Made the mistake of downing a few espresso's with sambuca after a meal at my aunt's house a few years back. Might as well just gimme a little rocket fuel if you want my heart to implode!

retiredman
09-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Here, have some salt.... :coffee:

I have learned to use other more potent, less harmful seasonings.

retiredman
09-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Yikes, take care of yourself man!

I tried the 1/2 and half thing before and got headaches for my efforts. My body is rebelling against care and has a desire for coffee and junk. It has a way of fighting back whenever I attempt to feed it anything considered "good".

alas...my wife works for my cardiologist... she keeps me on the straight and narrow.

jimnyc
09-04-2007, 09:01 AM
alas...my wife works for my cardiologist... she keeps me on the straight and narrow.

I think my wife feeds me poison, but I have no proof as of yet. But honestly, I can't say I'd blame her! LOL

glockmail
09-04-2007, 09:02 AM
I have learned to use other more potent, less harmful seasonings. Salt is God's electrolyte. Substituting it for some liberal pap is just more evidence that you ain’t man enough.

truthmatters
09-04-2007, 09:09 AM

I switched to green tea a couple of years ago and now coffee tastes like crap to me.

I can drink the tea all day long and no problem.

Sock Puppet
09-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Salt is God's electrolyte. Substituting it for some liberal pap is just more evidence that you ain’t man enough.
Does Mrs. Dash qualify for liberal pap? :lol:

glockmail
09-04-2007, 09:17 AM
I switched to green tea a couple of years ago and now coffee tastes like crap to me.

I can drink the tea all day long and no problem.
Drink tap water. Its basically the same thing and cheaper. Plus its carbon nuetral. :poke:

glockmail
09-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Does Mrs. Dash qualify for liberal pap? :lol: Who's she? A new poster? :laugh2:

truthmatters
09-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Drink tap water. Its basically the same thing and cheaper. Plus its carbon nuetral. :poke:

Well I think green tea tastes better not to mention it is packed with antioxidents and the cultures who have been drinking it for generations live the longest and have very low cancer rates.

Ill keep drinking the tea.

glockmail
09-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Well I think green tea tastes better not to mention it is packed with antioxidents and the cultures who have been drinking it for generations live the longest and have very low cancer rates.

Well if you keep putting yourself over the needs of the planet then there's really not much to discuss here....

dan
09-04-2007, 09:23 AM

:gay:

glockmail
09-04-2007, 09:26 AM
:gay: Blatent posting violation!!! http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=117093&postcount=1
But, as Brother of Board God, I predict you'll get a pass! :laugh2:

dan
09-04-2007, 09:30 AM
Blatent posting violation!!! http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=117093&postcount=1
But, as Brother of Board God, I predict you'll get a pass! :laugh2:

Ribbing, or a burn, or a razz - that's fine!

That was totally a razz!!! :D

glockmail
09-04-2007, 09:34 AM
That was totally a razz!!! :D I know so I deserve major rep points for it!!!!! :laugh2:

dan
09-04-2007, 09:48 AM
I know so I deserve major rep points for it!!!!! :laugh2:

No, I meant this:

:gay:

was a razz. But, ya got your points. So stop being a :gay:.

:popcorn:

retiredman
09-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Salt is God's electrolyte. Substituting it for some liberal pap is just more evidence that you ain’t man enough.

my guess is that you are not man enough to handle the heat I put on foods.

truthmatters
09-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Men are so funny

Sock Puppet
09-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Men are so funny
You're not a man? :uhoh:

shattered
09-04-2007, 10:09 AM
You're not a man? :uhoh:

Truth isn't a woman, either.. so, it's a toss up.

darin
09-04-2007, 10:12 AM
I've just started my first cup :)

glockmail
09-04-2007, 10:17 AM
my guess is that you are not man enough to handle the heat I put on foods. Yeah that's a real measure of a man. :gay:

shattered
09-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Could you two get your own playpen, by any chance?

glockmail
09-04-2007, 10:26 AM
Could you two get your own playpen, by any chance? We did. Its called "debate policy".:poke:

shattered
09-04-2007, 10:29 AM
We did. Its called "debate policy".:poke:

Damn.

Sitarro
09-04-2007, 10:43 AM
Yeah that's a real measure of a man. :gay:

He learned that from being a cook in the Navy for 50 years.:salute:

retiredman
09-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Yeah that's a real measure of a man. :gay:

serving one's country? let's use that instead.

truthmatters
09-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Truth isn't a woman, either.. so, it's a toss up.

I guess findig out I am a woman must have shined an entire light on my original comments to you on the other board huh?

Shattered they were acttually helpful comments if you go back and read them.

glockmail
09-04-2007, 11:42 AM
He learned that from being a cook in the Navy for 50 years.:salute:

serving one's country? let's use that instead.

Brings new meaning to the word: service. :lol:

retiredman
09-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Brings new meaning to the word: service. :lol:

actually, I never cooked at all until I got to Lebanon, but thanks for the affirmation!

what are YOUR thoughts on coffee?

and did you know that the Red Sox' magic number was 18?

(see dmp....I can follow orders with the best of them! lol)

glockmail
09-04-2007, 12:36 PM

what are YOUR thoughts on coffee?

.... It goes good with a three egg omlet, country ham and bacon, extra salty. A real man's breakfast. :laugh2:

retiredman
09-04-2007, 12:48 PM
It goes good with a three egg omlet, country ham and bacon, extra salty. A real man's breakfast. :laugh2:

and I sincerely hope you start every day of what is left of your life doing exactly that! Really....bon appetit!

truthmatters
09-04-2007, 12:55 PM
and I sincerely hope you start every day of what is left of your life doing exactly that! Really....bon appetit!

lol

glockmail
09-04-2007, 12:56 PM
and I sincerely hope you start every day of what is left of your life doing exactly that! Really....bon appetit! My Grandpap did and lived to the ripe old age of 94. Looking at the progression in life expectancy between his birth year and mine, I should live to 110 or maybe even 115, and voting Conservative well after you've turned to worm food. :lol:

truthmatters
09-04-2007, 01:01 PM
My Grandpap did and lived to the ripe old age of 94. Looking at the progression in life expectancy between his birth year and mine, I should live to 110 or maybe even 115, and voting Conservative well after you've turned to worm food. :lol:

You are a lucky man then Glock because you inherited some hearty genes.

I too have very long lived realatives but will still do what is wise to help them along.

I hope all of us live very long and happy lives including you.

The Wisdom to live life wisely also helps the genes along.

retiredman
09-04-2007, 01:01 PM
My Grandpap did and lived to the ripe old age of 94. Looking at the progression in life expectancy between his birth year and mine, I should live to 110 or maybe even 115, and voting Conservative well after you've turned to worm food. :lol:

that's great. I am really happy for you.

retiredman
09-04-2007, 01:03 PM
oh...and considering the fact that I will be cremated and my ashes sprinkled into the Atlantic from the fantail of a US Navy destroyer, I will be fish food... just think...someday you could be eating a fish.....

glockmail
09-04-2007, 01:16 PM
You are a lucky man then Glock because you inherited some hearty genes.

I too have very long lived realatives but will still do what is wise to help them along.

I hope all of us live very long and happy lives including you.

The Wisdom to live life wisely also helps the genes along. Thanks my great-grand Mum on another branch lived to be over 100. She voted Republican until she died along with G-Pa.

glockmail
09-04-2007, 01:19 PM
oh...and considering the fact that I will be cremated and my ashes sprinkled into the Atlantic from the fantail of a US Navy destroyer, I will be fish food... just think...someday you could be eating a fish..... More water pollution and wasted resources just so you can brag about being an x-Navy guy.

retiredman
09-04-2007, 01:29 PM
organic material in our oceans is now pollution? and how are any resources wasted? You don't think that the ship will make a special trip just to bury me, do you? lol

Gaffer
09-04-2007, 01:34 PM
So if I want to piss on your grave all I got to do is take a trip to the ocean? :poke:

glockmail
09-04-2007, 01:34 PM
organic material in our oceans is now pollution? and how are any resources wasted? You don't think that the ship will make a special trip just to bury me, do you? lol
Duh. Organics are a pollutant, as well as the inorganic ash left when you burn shit. How much fuel (resources) does it take to incinerate a human body, which is 85% water?

If you want to be a good liberal and have minimal impact on the earth then you'll have to walk to africa and sacrifice yourself to a herd of lions.:laugh2:

retiredman
09-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Duh. Organics are a pollutant, as well as the inorganic ash left when you burn shit. How much fuel (resources) does it take to incinerate a human body, which is 85% water?

If you want to be a good liberal and have minimal impact on the earth then you'll have to walk to africa and sacrifice yourself to a herd of lions.:laugh2:

what I want is to be buried at sea..... and your tax dollars will help pay for it. thanks.

glockmail
09-04-2007, 01:41 PM
what I want is to be buried at sea..... and your tax dollars will help pay for it. thanks. Gee, and earlier you indicated that the ship is going that way anyway.

One more bullshit lie from maineman, along with shameless bragging about his military career. :pee:

glockmail
09-04-2007, 01:43 PM
So if I want to piss on your grave all I got to do is take a trip to the ocean? :poke: Just flush your toilet at home. It will eventually get there. :lol:

retiredman
09-04-2007, 01:47 PM
So if I want to piss on your grave all I got to do is take a trip to the ocean? :poke:

that is absolutely correct.

and thanks in advance, by the way, for the free funeral!

retiredman
09-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Gee, and earlier you indicated that the ship is going that way anyway.

One more bullshit lie from maineman, along with shameless bragging about his military career. :pee:

I have never contradicted that. there is no lie here...the ship would definitely be going that way anyway. they would just stop for a moment. play taps, salute, and dump me over the side. I have done it twenty or thirty times to deceased navy retirees....

but getting me from my deathbed to the box of ashes on the fantail costs SOMETHING, and it is ALL covered by YOUR tax dollars. I am grateful, and so is my wife!

retiredman
09-04-2007, 01:53 PM
Gee, and earlier you indicated that the ship is going that way anyway.

and I AM proud I had a military career....don't you wish you could bring a similar level of experience to debates? lol

glockmail
09-04-2007, 01:58 PM
I have never contradicted that. there is no lie here...the ship would definitely be going that way anyway. they would just stop for a moment. play taps, salute, and dump me over the side. I have done it twenty or thirty times to deceased navy retirees....

but getting me from my deathbed to the box of ashes on the fantail costs SOMETHING, and it is ALL covered by YOUR tax dollars. I am grateful, and so is my wife! You can't have it both ways. Either you're using up resources or your not. So are you lying now, or where you lying before?

Your wife wouldn't be the only one glad to be rid of you. :laugh2:

truthmatters
09-04-2007, 01:58 PM
I thank you for your service Maine.

Some Americans value your commitment to our country and I am one.

glockmail
09-04-2007, 02:00 PM
and I AM proud I had a military career....don't you wish you could bring a similar level of experience to debates? lol Based on your record here of dismal failures, that answer would be: "no".

retiredman
09-04-2007, 02:01 PM
I thank you for your service Maine.

Some Americans value your commitment to our country and I am one.

why...thank you truth! It seems that for some, supporting the troops really only means supporting the troops that happen to think the same way they do.

retiredman
09-04-2007, 02:04 PM
You can't have it both ways. Either you're using up resources or your not. So are you lying now, or where you lying before?

Your wife wouldn't be the only one glad to be rid of you. :laugh2:

neither. I never said that burying me wouldn't USE UP resources, I said it wouldn't WASTE resources. I hardly think that giving a military retiree the last benefit promised to him is wasting anything. And my comment about wasting was in reference to the actions and efforts of the navy ship that will bear me to my final resting place.

retiredman
09-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Based on your record here of dismal failures, that answer would be: "no".

my "record" here? HAHAHAHAHA

as "written" by YOU? give me a break. You really are a legend in your own mind, aren't you? And tell me...what DID you do to get banned from USMB? lol

glockmail
09-04-2007, 02:09 PM
my "record" here? HAHAHAHAHA

as "written" by YOU? give me a break. You really are a legend in your own mind, aren't you? And tell me...what DID you do to get banned from USMB? lol
You first. What did you do to get banned from here? :lol:

glockmail
09-04-2007, 02:11 PM
neither. I never said that burying me wouldn't USE UP resources, I said it wouldn't WASTE resources. I hardly think that giving a military retiree the last benefit promised to him is wasting anything. And my comment about wasting was in reference to the actions and efforts of the navy ship that will bear me to my final resting place.
For a commie like you, anything more than "don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out" is a waste of resources. :pee:

retiredman
09-04-2007, 02:13 PM
For a commie like you, anything more than "don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out" is a waste of resources. :pee:

so, I guess then, from your perspective, providing military funerals for retirees is a waste of resources. That is not really very supportive of the military community... but then, if you've never been there, it is tough to be as supportive as those of us who have.

retiredman
09-04-2007, 02:15 PM
but hey...glock...this thread is about coffee....let's keep it light and friendly, OK?

Abbey Marie
09-04-2007, 02:18 PM
http://www.twgdesigns.com/wgd/pi8/twgdcoffee.jpg

glockmail
09-04-2007, 02:33 PM
so, I guess then, from your perspective, providing military funerals for retirees is a waste of resources. That is not really very supportive of the military community... but then, if you've never been there, it is tough to be as supportive as those of us who have. Actually I look at you as most retirees look at a guy who committed treason. :coffee:

glockmail
09-04-2007, 02:35 PM
but hey...glock...this thread is about coffee....let's keep it light and friendly, OK? Because you're getting your clock cleaned? Sorry pal, I don't show mercy to the unrepentant. :slap:

darin
09-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks for messing up jim's light-hearted thread.