PDA

View Full Version : Think There Will Be Violence?

Kathianne
07-18-2019, 11:04 AM
Last night there was the 'send her back' chants, that the President didn't put any stop to. I don't know that would be incumbent on him though. Considering how he's been treated by the Left, I can understand some of this.

Now on the other hand, I think there's plenty of reason to predict that antifa and other violent folks on the left will react.

Does anyone not think that there are plenty on the right, again President Trump pointed out some of those that might at the rally last night-those being 'able' to respond, will not?

The election is more than a year away and tempers are flaring, do you think they will tamp down or go up?

STTAB
07-18-2019, 11:10 AM
I think violence is inevitable. EVERY politician involved is acting irresponsibly. Trump's remarks about "I'd like to see ANTIFA attack this crowd" that nonsense has to stop, and of course it's plainly obvious that Democrats are 100% in favor of violence from their supporters.

I'm not real big on other Republicans admonishing Trump, but I wish someone like a Ted Cruz would stand up and publicly just say "everyone involved needs to grow up and stop encouraging violence, and that means both sides"

I would say the same about a Democrat saying something, but there are zero Democrats on the national stage right now who I have any hope that they would have the political courage to say something about their side encouraging violence, NONE.

That's truly sad.

Kathianne
07-18-2019, 11:14 AM
I think violence is inevitable. EVERY politician involved is acting irresponsibly. Trump's remarks about "I'd like to see ANTIFA attack this crowd" that nonsense has to stop, and of course it's plainly obvious that Democrats are 100% in favor of violence from their supporters.

I'm not real big on other Republicans admonishing Trump, but I wish someone like a Ted Cruz would stand up and publicly just say "everyone involved needs to grow up and stop encouraging violence, and that means both sides"

I would say the same about a Democrat saying something, but there are zero Democrats on the national stage right now who I have any hope that they would have the political courage to say something about their side encouraging violence, NONE.

That's truly sad.

I've no doubt about the left, but I also think the right is ratcheting up their rhetoric and there's quite a few, some on here, that are looking for any excuse.

STTAB
07-18-2019, 11:18 AM
I've no doubt about the left, but I also think the right is ratcheting up their rhetoric and there's quite a few, some on here, that are looking for any excuse.

There is at least one or two conservative posters on this board who I believe would love to see some liberals get attacked.

Now don't get me wrong, I think there are a lot of people out there who frankly don't deserve to live, but I don't want to see violence on the street.

Kathianne
07-18-2019, 11:24 AM
There is at least one or two conservative posters on this board who I believe would love to see some liberals get attacked.

Now don't get me wrong, I think there are a lot of people out there who frankly don't deserve to live, but I don't want to see violence on the street.

I agree, with 'some' who would love violence. Also with wanting no violence.

STTAB
07-18-2019, 11:25 AM
I want to add something to, though I don't want to see violence in our street. I am trained, armed and fully prepared to kill to protect me and my family. When I retired from the National Guard I pretty much quit carrying a weapon even though I have always had a license to do so but in the last 3 years that's changed . I have a handgun and ammunition in all of my vehicles at all times now, my wife doesn't go anywhere without her weapon in her purse, and when we go "to the city" I am armed.

I'm not going to be a victim of the left.

Kathianne
07-18-2019, 11:28 AM
I want to add something to, though I don't want to see violence in our street. I am trained, armed and fully prepared to kill to protect me and my family. When I retired from the National Guard I pretty much quit carrying a weapon even though I have always had a license to do so but in the last 3 years that's changed . I have a handgun and ammunition in all of my vehicles at all times now, my wife doesn't go anywhere without her weapon in her purse, and when we go "to the city" I am armed.

I'm not going to be a victim of the left.

Same with my brother, who has no more love for Trump than myself. He fears the left is going to kick off some pretty foul violence.

Then again, he's in Chicago area and the gangs have also convinced him to carry, which he hadn't done since his retirement years ago.

STTAB
07-18-2019, 11:41 AM
Same with my brother, who has no more love for Trump than myself. He fears the left is going to kick off some pretty foul violence.

Then again, he's in Chicago area and the gangs have also convinced him to carry, which he hadn't done since his retirement years ago.

There is no way I could live in Chicago, or any other big city. Hell I get mad if I see another car within 10 miles of my house "what's that intruder doing here?" LOL

Kathianne
07-18-2019, 11:48 AM
There is no way I could live in Chicago, or any other big city. Hell I get mad if I see another car within 10 miles of my house "what's that intruder doing here?" LOL

He's about 45 miles out for Chicago and if given his druthers, would never go into Chicago anymore. However, his wife loves theater and they have season tickets for 4. So at least once a month, he has to. ;)

STTAB
07-18-2019, 11:58 AM
He's about 45 miles out for Chicago and if given his druthers, would never go into Chicago anymore. However, his wife loves theater and they have season tickets for 4. So at least once a month, he has to. ;)

My wife also has season tickets to the theater, but in the giant town of Springfield MO. I mean don't get me wrong, there are definitely rough parts of Springfield, and actually the theater is in one of them, but it's not Chicago..... I don't even flying into Chicago let alone staying there.

I see these poor saps paying thousands of dollars a month to live in rat infested apartment the size of living room in so many big cities and I'm just like "nope, not for me"