PDA

View Full Version : As a school board member , I could NEVERF support something like this

STTAB
07-19-2019, 03:14 PM
and I'm an asshole.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/07/19/pennsylvania-school-district-warns-parents-they-could-lose-kids-over-unpaid-school-lunches/

Take your kids cuz you owe for school lunches?

Actually here's how big of a dick I actually am. I made the argument 3 years ago that it was absolutely ridiculous that prisoners at the city fucking jail got 3 meals a day no charge to them, but we were charging kids for school lunches and if they didn't have the money at that time, they got the "sandwich of shame" that's what the kids called the meal you got if you didn't have lunch money. I literally had to beat Administrators and teachers into shame to get them to give up 20% of their proposed raises for the year fund free breakfast and lunch for every student in the districtd who wanted it. I won though, our school charges NOTHING for meals.

And this year we came up with the funds to provide all school supplies to every student. This means no more lists at the front of Wal Mart stating what your child needs at what school for what grade for the school year. Students just bring a back pack, that's it.

Kathianne
07-19-2019, 03:30 PM
and I'm an asshole.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/07/19/pennsylvania-school-district-warns-parents-they-could-lose-kids-over-unpaid-school-lunches/

Take your kids cuz you owe for school lunches?

Actually here's how big of a dick I actually am. I made the argument 3 years ago that it was absolutely ridiculous that prisoners at the city fucking jail got 3 meals a day no charge to them, but we were charging kids for school lunches and if they didn't have the money at that time, they got the "sandwich of shame" that's what the kids called the meal you got if you didn't have lunch money. I literally had to beat Administrators and teachers into shame to get them to give up 20% of their proposed raises for the year fund free breakfast and lunch for every student in the districtd who wanted it. I won though, our school charges NOTHING for meals.

And this year we came up with the funds to provide all school supplies to every student. This means no more lists at the front of Wal Mart stating what your child needs at what school for what grade for the school year. Students just bring a back pack, that's it.

Public school or private?