PDA

View Full Version : Is XBOX Live worth it?

dan
09-04-2007, 09:28 AM
Like I said, I've got an XBOX now, and this afternoon I'm getting the internets hooked up at my place. Now, I'm wondering if I should get XBOX Live or not. I'd get it pretty much exclusively for Halo 2, but there's the problem. Halo 3 comes out in a month. How many people do you think will still be playing 2?

theHawk
09-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Xbox live is pretty sweet, but I have it for the 360. The chat channel allows you to talk to everyone your playing a game with. Halo 3 is for Xbox 360, Halo 2 was on the original so I'm sure alot of people will still be playing it who don't have a 360.

You need to upgrade to 360 bro, games like Ghost Recon 2 and Rainbow 6 blow Halo away. And America's Army is coming out this month too ;)

dan
09-04-2007, 11:13 AM
Xbox live is pretty sweet, but I have it for the 360. The chat channel allows you to talk to everyone your playing a game with. Halo 3 is for Xbox 360, Halo 2 was on the original so I'm sure alot of people will still be playing it who don't have a 360.

You need to upgrade to 360 bro, games like Ghost Recon 2 and Rainbow 6 blow Halo away. And America's Army is coming out this month too ;)

Yeah, that's what everyone keeps telling me. But, the thing is a 360 is, what, $300? And this XBOX was... free! So, I figure I'll build up a nice library, then upgrade maybe in a year or so.

I haven't played Ghost Recon or Rainbow 6. I think I might have played one of them for the original XBOX a long time ago, are they team-based? If so, I've got no patience for it, I get way too frustrated with my team, and I inevitably get so pissed with them that I just massacre them all and try to finish the mission alone, which never works.

CockySOB
09-04-2007, 03:17 PM
The Xbox 360 is around US$250 now and the new edition coming out will have the higher tag (~$350 IIRC) The main difference is the new units have direct hi-def connecitons as opposed to hd component plugs.

And yes, Live is worth it. I go through cycles where I play a lot, and then cycles where I don't. But when you consider that having Live is about like spending money for 3 dvd rentals in a month. And when gaming regularly, I spend more time gaming online than watching dvd's....

Sock Puppet
09-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Is XBOX Live worth it?

No... video games are :lame2:

J/K

theHawk
09-05-2007, 02:52 PM
I haven't played Ghost Recon or Rainbow 6. I think I might have played one of them for the original XBOX a long time ago, are they team-based? If so, I've got no patience for it, I get way too frustrated with my team, and I inevitably get so pissed with them that I just massacre them all and try to finish the mission alone, which never works.

Both games have solo campaigns and in GR you can control your fireteam. In multi-player most people are pretty cool and thats where its really fun. :cool:

dan
09-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Well, I've got XBOX LIVE, now. Gamertag's BernardoR3tardo (my friend's middle name is Bernardo, and they used to call him Bernardo Retardo in school :laugh2:). I don't have one of them newfangled microphones, but I'll play with you guys, as long as you're playing one of the six games I own!

dan
09-12-2007, 07:43 AM
So, nobody plays Halo 2 anymore? Come on, people, I got a mic and everything!

BernardoR3tardo

Add me!

CockySOB
09-12-2007, 02:37 PM
So, nobody plays Halo 2 anymore? Come on, people, I got a mic and everything!

BernardoR3tardo

Add me!

I can't. The color scheme and animation screwed with my head in a big way - MAJOR migraines. So after spending the money for the game, I got to play it for about a week before I had to put it away.

dan
09-12-2007, 06:35 PM
That sucks, man. Is it all FPSs that do that to you, or just Halo?

Okay, Cocky's got a reasonable excuse, what's everyone else's problem?:laugh2:

CockySOB
09-12-2007, 06:48 PM

Just Halo 2. I still enjoy games like Halo; Rainbow Six: 3, Rainbow Six:3 Black Arrow and Rainbow Six: Vegas; and Chromehounds. I've been told I need to play Gears of War, but I haven't gotten around to it.

dan
09-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Gears of War is fun, it's pretty hard, the controls are kind of complicated, but the gameplay is great and the graphics are outstanding.

5stringJeff
09-14-2007, 08:06 AM
Halo 2 on Xbox Live was great until about 3 months ago when they got rid of ranked Slayer matchups. Now I don't play, and I'll have to wait until Christmas (probably) to get a 360.

dan
09-14-2007, 08:11 AM
Halo 2 on Xbox Live was great until about 3 months ago when they got rid of ranked Slayer matchups. Now I don't play, and I'll have to wait until Christmas (probably) to get a 360.

Blah, blah, blah.... Jeff, you're in school, my friend, you're technically required to play XBOX at least 3 hours a day. Panty-raids and keg stands are optional.:cheers2:

manu1959
09-14-2007, 10:25 AM

if i get xbox live my wife will leave and take all my shit.....

dan
09-14-2007, 11:05 AM
if i get xbox live my wife will leave and take all my shit.....

OK, we have two acceptable excuses. Anyone else?

5stringJeff
09-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Blah, blah, blah.... Jeff, you're in school, my friend, you're technically required to play XBOX at least 3 hours a day. Panty-raids and keg stands are optional.:cheers2:

Believe me, I'd love to be doing panty raids and keggers and xbox parties that last for three days. The wife, however, has slightly differing opinions.

dan
09-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Believe me, I'd love to be doing panty raids and keggers and xbox parties that last for three days. The wife, however, has slightly differing opinions.

:D I can imagine!

dan
09-20-2007, 10:30 AM

Actually, they have Team Slayer that's ranked and a thing called H2 Challenge that, as far as I can tell, is just ranked matches.

manu1959
09-23-2007, 10:05 PM
ok....i spent the entire.....ENTIRE.....day trying to get on xbox live...one wireless and two modems later.....i have failed......:fu:

dan
09-23-2007, 11:49 PM
ok....i spent the entire.....ENTIRE.....day trying to get on xbox live...one wireless and two modems later.....i have failed......:fu:

I had no problem actually getting it to connect, but signing up for the actual membership was a major bitch for me. Everything's designed for 360s now.