PDA

View Full Version : Country Hacking

Kathianne
07-21-2019, 06:33 PM
anyone bring some clarity here?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2019/07/20/russian-intelligence-has-been-hacked-with-social-media-and-tor-projects-exposed/#68cf837e6b11

Jul 20, 2019, 12:39pm
Russia's Secret Intelligence Agency Hacked: 'Largest Data Breach In Its History'

Red faces in Moscow this weekend, with the news that hackers have successfully targeted FSB—Russia's Federal Security Service. The hackers managed to steal 7.5 terabytes of data from a major contractor, exposing secret FSB projects to de-anonymize Tor browsing, scrape social media, and help the state split its internet off from the rest of the world. The data was passed to mainstream media outlets for publishing.

FSB is Russia's primary security agency with parallels with the FBI and MI5, but its remit stretches beyond domestic intelligence to include electronic surveillance overseas and significant intelligence-gathering oversight. It is the primary successor agency to the infamous KGB, reporting directly to Russia's president.

A week ago, on July 13, a hacking group under the name 0v1ru$ that had reportedly breached SyTech, a major FSB contractor working on a range of live and exploratory internet projects, left a smiling Yoba Face on SyTech's homepage alongside pictures purporting to showcase the breach. 0v1ru$ had passed the data itself to the larger hacking group Digital Revolution, which shared the files with various media outlets and the headlines with Twitter—taunting FSB that the agency should maybe rename one of its breached activities "Project Collander."

Related?

https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2019/07/entire-nation-just-got-hacked/

An Entire Nation Just Got Hacked

Asen Genov is pretty furious. His personal data was made public this week after records of more than 5 million Bulgarians got stolen by hackers from the country’s tax revenue office.
In a country of just 7 million people, the scale of the hack means that just about every working adult has been affected.
“We should all be angry. … The information is now freely available to anyone. Many, many people in Bulgaria already have this file, and I believe that it’s not only in Bulgaria,” said Genov, a blogger and political analyst. He knows his data was compromised because, though he’s not an IT expert, he managed to find the stolen files online.

CNN Posted at 5:35 pm on July 21, 2019

Gunny
07-21-2019, 06:54 PM
I didn't do it :)

Kathianne
07-21-2019, 06:56 PM
I didn't do it :)
:laugh2:

That reminds me of your comment about marines and drone disabler. LOL!

High_Plains_Drifter
07-21-2019, 06:57 PM
Looks like a case of what goes around, comes around, to me... :dunno:

Gunny
07-21-2019, 07:00 PM
Bet it was Trump trying to get a head start on next election :laugh:

LongTermGuy
07-21-2019, 09:14 PM
Bet it was Trump trying to get a head start on next election :laugh:

:laugh:
https://media1.tenor.com/images/389c91d6b2258a94b39cea1925fd71bf/tenor.gif?itemid=6044302