PDA

View Full Version : Let’s Take Money from Rich, Give It ‘Back to the People that Earned It’

jimnyc
07-23-2019, 03:40 PM
You educate yourself at a good college. You work in the business for 10 years and master your field. You take a small business loan and open your own business. First it is just yourself but then eventually you move on to 10 employees when business starts picking up and you start making more money. You pay a fair wage to these employees. You pay everyone without issue for the next 5 years. While you work a typical 40-hour work week your employees work collectively 400 hours. Thanks to your hard work and business-savvy you turn a nice profit and are able to bank much of it over the next few years. Suddenly in comes new congresswomen and things change. You didn't "earn" that money according to idiots like her and Obama. Now you can kiss much of your money goodbye as she would like to take it and disperse it back to your 10 employees. She's probably wanting to tax the rest of your money at like 70% in order to spread the wealth further.

---

Tlaib: Let’s Take Money from Rich, Give It ‘Back to the People that Earned It’

Far-left “Squad” member Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) spoke at the NAACP convention over the weekend and railed against the GOP tax cuts in a pitch for her anti-poverty BOOST Act, promising to take money from the rich and give it “back to the people that earned it.”

Tlaib introduced her anti-poverty legislation – the Building Our Opportunities to Survive and Thrive (BOOST) Act – last month and spoke about it at the NAACP convention over the weekend. The proposal offers a guaranteed income – up to $6,000 per year – to families and individuals under certain financial thresholds via a “refundable tax credit that can be paid monthly.”

The Michigan lawmaker’s BOOST Act serves as her response to what she calls the “GOP Tax Scam,” despite the fact that two-thirds of Americans will pay less in taxes in 2018, thanks to the tax cuts.

“Recently, I introduced the Boost Act. This legislation completely repeals the GOP Tax Scam that is only helping wealthy individuals – the rich, the corporations,” she told the crowd.

“And do you know what I did with that money? Do you know what I said? We’re going to go ahead and put it in the pockets of folks like everyday Americans,” she said, noting that families making less than $100,000 could get up to $6,000 per year.

Taking the moral route, Tlaib said it is important to give money back to the people who actually “earned” it, suggesting that wealthy individuals do not earn or deserve to keep the fruits of their labor.

“That’s what we do with our public dollars. We give it back to the people– the people that earned it,” Tlaib said.

https://i.imgur.com/LWyAWOX.png

The BOOST Act, Tlaib added, serves as a “signal that we’ve gone too far in providing for corporations and the rich and those on top and have not taken care of our everyday folks,” who, she says, are $400 away from falling into the cycle of poverty.

The economy has seen a boost from the GOP tax cuts, with companies issuing employee bonuses and announcing plans to invest billions in the U.S., thereby providing thousands of new jobs.

Last year, Exxon Mobil announced that it would invest $50 billion in the U.S. economy, adding 12,000 new jobs, thanks to the GOP tax cuts.

Even Starbucks, a notoriously left-leaning company, used millions of its corporate tax cut to raise the wage for existing workers.

As Breitbart News reported:

The coffee chain joins some 200 American corporations that are already raising wages thanks to a corporate tax cut signed into law by President Trump last month. Starbucks, a mega-corporation with a far-left worldview, has now joined a handful of other far-left corporations — Apple and Disney — in validating the idea that tax cuts benefit everyone, or what is known as trickle-down economics.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) infamously dismissed the benefits of the GOP tax plan, calling bonuses and raises “crumbs” for the American worker. Trump responded to her remark during a speech before the Sheffer Corp. in Blue Ash, Ohio, last year, noting that her statement had the potential to be the political equivalent of Hillary Clinton’s “deplorables” and come back to haunt her.

“Well, she’s a rich woman who lives in a big, beautiful house in California, who wants to give all of your money away. And she talked about ‘crumbs,'” Trump said.

“And I really think her statement about ‘crumbs’ — ’cause you’re getting thousands and thousand of dollars, and you’re getting it every year … will be equivalent — and I said this the other day for the first time — when I first heard the word, ‘deplorable,’” he added.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/07/22/tlaib-lets-take-money-from-rich-give-it-back-to-the-people-that-earned-it/

jimnyc
07-23-2019, 04:04 PM
Lack of personal responsibility - check
Hypocrite or hypocrisy - check
Liars - check somewhat here too
Delusional - check
Ignore constituents - ?

Kathianne
07-23-2019, 04:09 PM
Lack of personal responsibility - check
Hypocrite or hypocrisy - check
Liars - check somewhat here too
Delusional - check
Ignore constituents - ?

They be crazy, no? With the exception of a few baby liberals on twitter, instagram, and fb, they do not seem to be seen as of substance. They are a great foil for the President, which has made folks even as skeptical as myself, see him more positively.

Good opposition. ;)

STTAB
07-24-2019, 03:10 PM
I think it's time to pass a law that makes it illegal for politician to lie to voters.

Some of these lies are just stupid lies, but some of them are outright dangerous. Fucking Adam Schiff can flat out lie and tell the entire country that he has seen classified information which proves that Trump is a traitor and not one media outlet checks him, but Trump says 75% of the women who cross the border illegally are sexually assaulted along the way and the media screams in outrage that it is actually 80% and that Trump just lied.

As for this stupid twat , her obvious lie is when she says Trump's tax cuts only helped the wealthy, and that lie is working. Fully 50% of American idiots surveyed said that they paid the same or a higher percentage compared to the year before the cut even though IRS statistics PROVE that 80% of tax payers saw a lower rate.

Make it illegal for politicians to lie to the American people and the Democratic Party dies a quick death.

Gunny
07-24-2019, 08:32 PM
Tlaib and Omar need one-way tickets to Tehran.

Edit: Make that Palestine. Wouldn't want them to miss any REAL action.

STTAB
07-25-2019, 12:11 PM
Tlaib and Omar need one-way tickets to Tehran.

Edit: Make that Palestine. Wouldn't want them to miss any REAL action.

I'm telling you Trump is an amateur troll.

Nominate Omar to be Ambassador to Somaia, Talib, Ambassador to Afghanistan, AOC Ambassador to Venequela and Pressley US Ambassador to Iraq.

Every Republican in the Senate would vote to confirm. Hell, Nancy Pelosi would support it lol

Squad, what squad?

Or you do as I suggested two week ago, you have someone kick the shit out of out AOC and as they are leaving tell her that Nancy is in charge of the House, not her LOL

KarlMarx
07-25-2019, 08:31 PM
Let’s use a few cliches to uncover some truths

1. If you give a man a fish he eats for a day. But if you get people to invest in a fishery, the man has a job so he can eat more than fish, he can also buy a house, a car, save some money to send his kids to college...

2. No one ever got a job from a poor man. Millionaires and billionaires on the other hand employ millions.

3. You cannot tax poverty away. After five trillion dollars spent on the war on poverty, poverty is just as prevalent as ever. We would have been better off giving the money to millionaires and billionaires, since they seem to have lifted more people out of poverty than the government

4. The Middle Class is the only group of people who are expected to vote against their own interests. A black guy votes for the one who looks after black interests but if a Middle Class person votes for someone who looks after Middle Class interests, he is immediately branded a racist, bigot, and a homophobe.

5. To err is human, but making a world class mess of things is the domain of government. Let’s face it, IBM never started a war, Coca Cola never sent people to the gas chambers, governments have. The major economic calamities of the past century were caused by bad government policy.

6. Some people are like flatulence. They make a lot of noise, they raise a big stink, but in the end they don’t produce anything. That’s why I call them “The Flatulent Four”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk