PDA

View Full Version : As I get older

Abbey Marie
07-23-2019, 04:39 PM
I think about this more and more.

icansayit
07-23-2019, 05:28 PM
We all know it's gonna become our time, eventually. My problem is. I'm angry that "I WON'T KNOW IT!" I like to be in charge, and as a veteran who was always on someone else's schedule. I now enjoy being in charge of my time..."UNTIL this happens."

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51X1rGMB8SL._SX355_.jpg:dance::dance::dance::laugh :

High_Plains_Drifter
07-25-2019, 05:24 PM
And as the old saying goes... "I'd rather live my life as though there is a God and die and find there isn't, than live my life as though there isn't a God and die and find out there is."

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-02-2019, 06:38 AM
I think about this more and more.

I too think about it.
In fact, I write about it often.
Problem is in the modern poetry world of today, writing about death or dark poetry is forbidden regardless of how well or how, deep, true the verses.
Seems the desired fruit they want is either syrupy sweet or else chaotic (childlike) ramblings that look like a 10 year old wrote them.
I view it, as just another example of the liberal fantasy ideology-- where its faithful are oft childlike and choose to deny reality in favor of their fantasies.-Tyr

Abbey Marie
08-02-2019, 08:36 AM
I too think about it.
Problem is in the modern poetry world of today, writing about death or dark poetry is forbidden regardless of how well or how, deep, true the verses.
Seems the desired fruit they want is either syrupy sweet or else chaotic (childlike) ramblings that look like a 10 year old wrote them.
I view it, as just another example of the liberal fantasy ideology-- where its faithful are oft childlike and choose to deny reality in favor of their fantasies.-Tyr

I can imagine the rising number of Atheists don’t want to be reminded about death. They have no hope.

Balu
08-02-2019, 10:01 AM
I too think about it.

Once, when I was rather young, about 16 y.o. I thought about following thing: an uncounted time has passed prior to I started realize the World, surrounding me. It seemed normal and cased no uncomfortable feelings. Then I imagined that the Time start passing without me and I felt rather discomfortable as I relaxed and started falling with acceleration into Time abyss unable to reach the final point. It should have been similar to dream with no dreams when you don't remember the time before you are awaken. But... the feeling that this 'dream' will never be over made me strain up that returned me back to reality. It was very strange and outstanding experience. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/yes3.gif

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-04-2019, 04:05 AM
I can imagine the rising number of Atheists don’t want to be reminded about death. They have no hope.

So true and they are too busy thinking up more lies to try to prop up their fantasy liberalism Utopian dream crap.
All thought to be possible by mankind creating a paradise. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh:
As they ignore the inherent evil in mankind.. The Idiots, self proclaimed enlightened gods..
This world operates on the Use of Force, Evil, Greed and Mankind's Rebellious Spirit.
And from that foundation, these fools think a paradise can be built._:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
All of mankind's history shows it can not be done, yet these jackasses n their insane fantasy world destroy most of the good,
in their quest to prove THAT ----their insanity---, is nor INSANITY!!! --Tyr

Noir
08-04-2019, 04:07 AM

Quite the opposite, time is finite, it is well to remember it.

Abbey Marie
08-04-2019, 10:36 AM
Quite the opposite, time is finite, it is well to remember it.

Time in this earth certainly is finite, I agree. That was one of the main points of the meme.
But it is not what I was saying in the post you quoted.

You are still young, and when I was younger, I didn’t worry about the end. It kind of sneaks up on you, and we either face it, or keep busy enough to shut those thoughts out. Funny thing though, in the solitude of the night, when we are trying to rest, those thoughts find their way in.

My hope is in Christ. If I should turn out to be wrong, I’ll never know it. If I turn out to be right, well, that will be a joy we cannot even fully imagine. Either way, I’ll have lived with the hope of eternity. In God’s holy presence, no less. I cannot imagine facing death any other way.

“For this light momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen, but the things that are unseen.

2 Corinthians 4:17-18

Noir
08-04-2019, 11:38 AM
We have a different perspective on eternity.

Abbey Marie
08-04-2019, 07:04 PM
We have a different perspective on eternity.

I gather. As I’ve said, you are young. Who knows how you will feel when the end is much more real.
I wish you the best either way.

icansayit
08-05-2019, 06:10 PM
Ask them if they follow any Laws of Man...such as the 10 Commandments suggest.

If they instantly insist there is no reason for Laws of Man, in any way because they do not believe in any Diety.

They are just unwittingly hypocrites if they believe Murder, Stealing, and Lies are not against any Old Phony Rules, or Laws of Man.

https://everestalexander.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/atheismvschristianity.jpg

Noir
08-06-2019, 12:07 AM
Ask them if they follow any Laws of Man...such as the 10 Commandments suggest.

If they instantly insist there is no reason for Laws of Man, in any way because they do not believe in any Diety.

They are just unwittingly hypocrites if they believe Murder, Stealing, and Lies are not against any Old Phony Rules, or Laws of Man.

https://everestalexander.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/atheismvschristianity.jpg

Not for this topic - but if you want it answered in another I’ll happily go over how someone can think that murder is bad while also not believing in any gods.