PDA

View Full Version : English only

STTAB
07-24-2019, 11:33 AM
Why hasn't Trump ordered all federal agencies to start printing official documents in English ONLY. How many federal tax dollars are spent each year to produce documents/websites etc etc in languages other than English? I don't care what language you speak, but the federal government should only be providing documents in one language.

Abbey Marie
07-24-2019, 11:46 AM
Why hasn't Trump ordered all federal agencies to start printing official documents in English ONLY. How many federal tax dollars are spent each year to produce documents/websites etc etc in languages other than English? I don't care what language you speak, but the federal government should only be providing documents in one language.

No incentive to learn English/assimilate if you are being culturally coddled.

STTAB
07-24-2019, 12:12 PM
No incentive to learn English/assimilate if you are being culturally coddled.

But why hasn't Trump done this already? He's literally the worst fucking authoritarian in the history of the world.

Abbey Marie
07-24-2019, 01:14 PM
But why hasn't Trump done this already? He's literally the worst fucking authoritarian in the history of the world.

:laugh2: Worst racist, too.

STTAB
07-24-2019, 02:18 PM
:laugh2: Worst racist, too.

Don't forget sexist!!

Drummond
07-24-2019, 06:35 PM
Don't forget sexist!!

You do realise that a foreign Ambassador might be logging on, and is getting 'a feeling' likely to prompt a private report ?:rolleyes:

But I agree. This multicultural insistence on using more than one language is a wasteful pain, and surely merits being stamped on.

I once read a report claiming that London schools, overall, had to cope with THREE HUNDRED languages. Now that's sheer madness (and more than a tad irritating). I can't imagine the chaotic demand for leafleting, school literature, catering for all those languages, and the IMPERATIVE existing that not to do so was 'PC' unacceptable.