PDA

View Full Version : This Is Funny, A Mistake, But Funny

Kathianne
07-25-2019, 03:48 PM
This is funny, from the sound of it and considering the group, an honest mistake.

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2019/07/25/whodunnit-potus-appears-fake-presidential-seal-mocking-russian-puppet-turning-point-usa-event/

Whodunnit: POTUS Appears Before Fake Presidential Seal Mocking Him As A Russian “Puppet” At Turning Point USA Event
ALLAHPUNDITPosted at 2:41 pm on July 25, 2019

A mystery even more gripping than the saga of the hamburger that was purchased in one state, misplaced in another, and somehow inspired five days of national news coverage as a result.

Only two possibilities. One is that Turning Point has an imbecile on its design team who went looking for an authentic presidential seal, somehow missed the endless images available online of the real thing, and landed on a parody seal without recognizing it as such. Or, two, Charlie Kirk is a Never Trumper under deep, deep cover who pulled off a prank for the ages.

Charlie, if you’re reading this: No worries. I’ll never tell.

Here’s a clearer look at the fake seal. You can’t make out the slogan in the vid but you can here: “45 ES UN TITERE.” Translation: “Trump is a puppet.”
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAT4AjfXkAA1OQd?format=jpg&name=900x900

Turning Point is telling the media today that theory one is the correct answer. Which makes sense: What sort of anti-Trumper would join TPUSA’s design team and work diligently for them for months or years in the idle hope hat he might one day end up with control of the backdrop during a presidential appearance?

The individual responsible, a member of TPUSA’s AV team, was let go in the wake of the incident. According to a source familiar with the event, the incident was just a terrible Google search mistake. TPUSA had event branding on the screens, but during a run through ahead of Trump’s remarks a few hours before the event, the team was told they had to change the branding to a presidential seal, prompting a search for a high quality image.

“One of our video team members did a Google Image search for a high-res png (file) presidential seal,” a source familiar with the incident said, adding that the individual “did the search and with the pressure of the event, didn’t notice that it is a doctored seal.”

Turns out the fake seal is linked to anti-Trump merchandise marketed on Facebook and Twitter by a Web retailer calling himself, ahem, “OneTermDonnie.”

I’m surprised the White House insisted on the presidential seal as a backdrop instead of letting TPUSA use Trump’s speech to promote its brand. If you’ve ever seen him pushing his friends’ books on Twitter you know he’s always up for using his office to help enrich a pal. Two things I can’t figure out, though. First, why didn’t TPUSA get an image of the seal from the White House’s advance team? Where was the advance team in helping prepare for this event? And also, why didn’t TPUSA just duplicate the seal they were already using as part of the production? You can see it center stage on the screen behind Trump as he walks out in the clip above. That’s the correct seal, not the two-headed Russian one.

Here’s Trump at the same event informing a roomful of impressionable teenagers that Article II of the Constitution gives him “the right to do whatever I want.” Considering how the DOJ believes that a sitting president is unindictable, he’s … sort of right, isn’t he?

Gunny
07-25-2019, 04:05 PM
I don't see why they had to fire the person. That's some seriously thin skin.

Kathianne
07-25-2019, 04:08 PM
I don't see why they had to fire the person. That's some seriously thin skin.

If they didn't some would most definitely say it was purposeful. Hard to believe, but some lack humor.

hjmick
07-25-2019, 04:33 PM
45 es un titere

45 is a puppet

High_Plains_Drifter
07-25-2019, 05:06 PM
Wonder what the reaction would have been had they pulled this on obama?

Gunny
07-25-2019, 07:08 PM
Wonder what the reaction would have been had they pulled this on obama?I would probably chuckle at it the same as this one. Funny is funny and (no pun intended) trumps sourpuss politicos.

Unless it's about me :wtf:

:)

Kathianne
07-25-2019, 07:21 PM
I would probably chuckle at it the same as this one. Funny is funny and (no pun intended) trumps sourpuss politicos.

Obama would still have the clubs, but the other talon would have been a teleprompter. ;)

Gunny
07-25-2019, 07:43 PM
Obama would still have the clubs, but the other talon would have been a teleprompter. ;)One thing about GWB ... he kept me in stitches murdering the English language with his "Texan-isms" :laugh:

hjmick
07-25-2019, 08:21 PM
I would probably chuckle at it the same as this one. Funny is funny and (no pun intended) trumps sourpuss politicos.

You do know the difference between comedy and tragedy, right?

Comedy is when it happens to you. Tragedy is when it happens to me...

hjmick
07-25-2019, 08:23 PM
One thing about GWB ... he kept me in stitches murdering the English language with his "Texan-isms" :laugh:

And you never thought, well at least I never did, that he had anything but the best interest of the country in his mind... now, those around him, different story...

Gunny
07-25-2019, 08:35 PM
And you never thought, well at least I never did, that he had anything but the best interest of the country in his mind... now, those around him, different story...Honestly? He was a damned good Governor. After 03, I had NO idea WTF he was thinking.

The thing about him murdering words with his "Texan-isms" is I have relatives that talk like that. I knew what he saying :laugh:

hjmick
07-25-2019, 09:19 PM
Honestly? He was a damned good Governor. After 03, I had NO idea WTF he was thinking.

The thing about him murdering words with his "Texan-isms" is I have relatives that talk like that. I knew what he saying :laugh:

Oh I know, I lived in Texas, Kingsville and Houston, for the first 12 years of my life, spent many summers there, and I still have a good bit of family there.

Abbey Marie
07-26-2019, 05:28 AM
Obama would still have the clubs, but the other talon would have been a teleprompter. ;)

And Clinton, a box of cigars...

Drummond
07-26-2019, 05:54 AM
One thing about GWB ... he kept me in stitches murdering the English language with his "Texan-isms" :laugh:

Yes.

But here, the BBC used it as an excuse for outright derision.

Over here, our media made a concerted effort to paint GWB as an idiot (and his foreign policies, notably the 2003 Iraq War, the product simply of a mind that 'didn't know any better'). The trouble with humour such as this thread is addressing, is that there are some who'll consider it a propagandist godsend.

I can appreciate humour as well as the next man (I always appreciate Boris Johnson's version of it ... he'll liven up our political scene, no end !). But always be wary of what it can lead to .. how it can be perverted into something harmful.

Abbey Marie
07-26-2019, 06:24 AM
Yes.

Over here, our media made a concerted effort to paint GWB as an idiot (and his foreign policies, notably the 2003 Iraq War, the product simply of a mind that 'didn't know any better'). The trouble with humour such as this thread is addressing, is that there are some who'll consider it a propagandist godsend.

I can appreciate humour as well as the next man (I always appreciate Boris Johnson's version of it ... he'll liven up our political scene, no end !). But always be wary of what it can lead to .. how it can be perverted into something harmful.

I’m afraid that ship has sailed, Drummond. The things said about our President and even his family are beyond the pale. And to my recollection, the very public derision of the President came into full bloom with George W Bush. Before that, our modern Presidents were generally given respect of office at least, in the media. Can you imagine a President now being given privacy as FDR’s illness was?
Of course with the anonymity of the internet, it has all become quite savage.

Gunny
07-26-2019, 02:14 PM
Yes.

I can appreciate humour as well as the next man (I always appreciate Boris Johnson's version of it ... he'll liven up our political scene, no end !). But always be wary of what it can lead to .. how it can be perverted into something harmful.I saw what the media did.

Thing is, I have this thing about turning the tables on people trying to insult (me). Laugh at their crap and add to the humor. It diffuses the left tard brain center (consisting of that one, mythical cell).

The fact is, we talk normal here and the rest of you non-Texans sound funny :) I know our Southern drawl is the butt of jokes for the envious. They just can't help wishing they didn't sound so dull. In the meantime, journalists pay fortunes to go to schools to learn to speak without the accents. Which I find funny as well since they don't do anything about mis-use/mis-pronunciation of the words.

As a matter of fact Drummond, something I have noticed and perhaps you have but if you want to "over-legitimize a spokesperson's credibility in the US on television you hire a Brit or an Aussie. For some reason, your accents lend instant "super-credibility" to anything. Way moreso than someone from Iowa :)

STTAB
07-26-2019, 03:00 PM
I'm sorry, but I in no way believe this was accidental. Staff doesn't get fired for making mistakes like this.

As further evidence I present the fact that every time one of these "mistakes" has happened over the last 3 years it has been a mistake that reflected bad on Trump or one of his supporters, or a a group of his supporters, or the like.

I had a Master Sargent a long time ago who told me there was no such thing as coincidences, and so far that advice hasn't failed me.

Gunny
07-26-2019, 03:27 PM
I'm sorry, but I in no way believe this was accidental. Staff doesn't get fired for making mistakes like this.

As further evidence I present the fact that every time one of these "mistakes" has happened over the last 3 years it has been a mistake that reflected bad on Trump or one of his supporters, or a a group of his supporters, or the like.

I had a Master Sargent a long time ago who told me there was no such thing as coincidences, and so far that advice hasn't failed me.Trump is sharp enough that if he caught it to play it off.

As far as it being malicious or not? I've heard worse come out of our elected officials in DC who are supposed to be setting the example for out kids. Good thing I realize what a loser that idea has become and don't use them as examples.

I will say this, accident or no ... EVERY LITTLE THING the Dems/left tries to pull on Trump so far he turns on them or it backfires on its own and they have so gotten the egg on their own faces every time. Karma :)

STTAB
07-29-2019, 07:49 AM
Trump is sharp enough that if he caught it to play it off.

As far as it being malicious or not? I've heard worse come out of our elected officials in DC who are supposed to be setting the example for out kids. Good thing I realize what a loser that idea has become and don't use them as examples.

I will say this, accident or no ... EVERY LITTLE THING the Dems/left tries to pull on Trump so far he turns on them or it backfires on its own and they have so gotten the egg on their own faces every time. Karma :)

That is absolutely true, Even when the dumb shit shoots himself in the foot and the Dems pounce he seems to find a way to turn the tables on them. You'd think they would see this.