PDA

View Full Version : quote of the day

darin
09-04-2007, 02:18 PM
"Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they."

Absolutely. There are NO MORE whiny ninnies out there who scream and berate and slander and harm our troops than uber-left Liberals, most of whom, from my experience, have lifted NO fingers to help our nation, secure our way of life, and live selflessly in service to the USA.

Abbey Marie
09-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Excellent quote; repped you for it.

Perhaps it is the jealous knowlege that these are better men than they, that propels some anti-war dissent. Just a thought.

typomaniac
09-04-2007, 03:11 PM

Absolutely. There are NO MORE whiny ninnies out there who scream and berate and slander and harm our troops than uber-left Liberals, most of whom, from my experience, have lifted NO fingers to help our nation, secure our way of life, and live selflessly in service to the USA.

The concept of "better men" is inherently un-American.

Trigg
09-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Excellent quote; repped you for it.

Perhaps it is the jealous knowlege that these are better men than they, that propels some anti-war dissent. Just a thought.

So it was dmp?

I was going to guess Mr. P

Trigg
09-04-2007, 03:13 PM
The concept of "better men" is inherently un-American.

:rolleyes:

Abbey Marie
09-04-2007, 03:14 PM
So it was dmp?

I was going to guess Mr. P

Were we supposed to guess who said it?

typomaniac
09-04-2007, 03:21 PM
:rolleyes:

Am I to infer from this, along with the "great WHITE north," that you're a racist?

darin
09-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Am I to infer from this, along with the "great WHITE north," that you're a racist?

What the heck is your problem man? Lighten up!

:)

typomaniac
09-04-2007, 03:26 PM
What the heck is your problem man? Lighten up!

I've seen a poster on another forum that uses the same location tag, and is very racist - and anti-Semitic. Just wondering...

glockmail
09-04-2007, 04:03 PM
I've seen a poster on another forum that uses the same location tag, and is very racist - and anti-Semitic. Just wondering...
Gee, not that your being predjudicial or anything...

typomaniac
09-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Gee, not that your being predjudicial or anything...

You're hardly in a position to talk about prejudicial. You wouldn't endorse a single-payer health plan handed down by God Himself. :rolleyes:

Abbey Marie
09-04-2007, 04:29 PM

You can discuss this in a thread of your own making. Let's try to keep this one on topic.

JohnDoe
09-04-2007, 04:55 PM

What a thoughtless, cold hearted thing to say to those Democratic voting soldiers that have given their service and lives to this country!

YOU are being a DICK and have just SPIT on my father, who gave 22 years of service to his country including 1 year in vietnam of which he volunteered for....

INCLUDING CAPTJack a friend of mine serving in iraq right now and just 5 days from coming home!!!!

WHY do republicans like you and others on this board continually TRY to take the high ground AS IF they are better people than liberals when they are NOTHING OF THE SORT.... you would think you would have learned from the 10 recent republican scandals going on, but noooooo, YOU ALL would divide us as a country rather than admit that your fellow liberals....ARE JUST AS PATRIOTIC AND JUST AS GOOD as you are or even better....

so, how about getting over yourselves, for a change....

you in general are no more religious than me or my family or my friends,

and you are no more patriotic than me or my father or my husband who both have served in the military or my other family or my friends...

GET IT? HOPE SO...... :salute:

jd

truthmatters
09-04-2007, 05:01 PM

Are you aware that people in the military span the scope of American politics?

Are you aware there are Democrats now serving in the congress that are Iraq veterans and vietman veterans?

You and you views harm this country by constantly trying to divide us.

-Cp
09-04-2007, 05:13 PM
What a thoughtless, cold hearted thing to say to those Democratic voting soldiers that have given their service and lives to this country!

YOU are being a DICK and have just SPIT on my father, who gave 22 years of service to his country including 1 year in vietnam of which he volunteered for....
jd

Are you aware there are Democrats now serving in the congress that are Iraq veterans and vietman veterans?

And can you two READ? Where in his piece did it mention Democracts?

Perhaps Hooked on Phonics or www.learntoread.com would help?

truthmatters
09-04-2007, 05:23 PM

You are right he did not say democrats they are only SOME of the people who consider that dissent patriotic.

Many people who I mentioned in the span of the political spectrum also consider it patriotic... republicans, libertarians , independents, greens also fight and feel this way.

We just mentioned one group this guy was targeting while not serving himself.

JohnDoe
09-04-2007, 05:34 PM

cp,

When the term liberal is used, it is equal to Democrat or Democratic.... my father is a liberal, my friend capt jack is a liberal...both of whomm were willing to give their LIVES for their country....UNLIKE what dmp said cp?

I know I came down on dmp hard on this, but it was meant for all of you that do it, not just him... and in fairness, dmp may not have realized the way his statement came out sounding or meaning....that is possible.

jd

Abbey Marie
09-04-2007, 08:10 PM
cp,

When the term liberal is used, it is equal to Democrat or Democratic.... my father is a liberal, my friend capt jack is a liberal...both of whomm were willing to give their LIVES for their country....UNLIKE what dmp said cp?

I know I came down on dmp hard on this, but it was meant for all of you that do it, not just him... and in fairness, dmp may not have realized the way his statement came out sounding or meaning....that is possible.

jd

With all respect, JD, if you feel this way, you should try to convince your party to distance itself from the Cindy Sheehans and Harry Reids who are the embodiment of what dmp was talking about. Because as it stands, the Dem party seems to be embracing these types.

actsnoblemartin
09-04-2007, 08:18 PM
that is one of the most brilliant quotes ive ever read. I cant believe the u.s. media is so biased, that they wont even make an attempt to be fair, but only show the bad, to try and indoctrinate us, but they dont realize, we are not some stupid college kids here.

JohnDoe
09-05-2007, 06:02 AM
With all respect, JD, if you feel this way, you should try to convince your party to distance itself from the Cindy Sheehans and Harry Reids who are the embodiment of what dmp was talking about. Because as it stands, the Dem party seems to be embracing these types.

Abbey,

There are 300 million people in this country.

The HANDFUL of people like Cindy Sheehan, who is HURTING from her son's death given for our country can not be controlled or silenced, and I have no intentions of trying to do such.

And these people are NOT the embodiment of the Party or of Liberals.... like I said, there are 300 million people in this country and half are Liberals....

What if I compared YOU to DUKE CUNNINGHAM, Senator Vitter, mark foley, Jerry Lewis, senator Stephens, Bob Ney, Dusty foggio, Tom Delay, Ted Haggard, senator Craig, the warriors of god, ann coulter, rush limbaugh,Fred Phelps etc and implied YOU were nothing but a dirty, naughty, crook? They are in your party? Why didn't you stop them from breaking the law or doing the "naughty"?

This kind of talk and generalities may make you feel you all are better than moi, but are divisive, and do nothing to heal this once great country of ours imho.

darin
09-05-2007, 08:05 AM

I'm begining to think you have SERIOUS PROBLEMS with reading comprehension.

YOU brought up DEMOCRATS. I said uber-left wing Liberals.

www.rif.org
www.hop.com

INCLUDING CAPTJack a friend of mine serving in iraq right now and just 5 days from coming home!!!!

I did huh... Okay...sure...
:cuckoo::cuckoo:

WHY do republicans like you and others on this board continually TRY to take the high ground AS IF they are better people than liberals when they are NOTHING OF THE SORT.... you would think you would have learned from the 10 recent republican scandals going on, but noooooo, YOU ALL would divide us as a country rather than admit that your fellow liberals....ARE JUST AS PATRIOTIC AND JUST AS GOOD as you are or even better....

See? See how you're wrong? See how you're showing your political ignorance? Was JFK a "Liberal"? Do you EVER see things like:

Patty Murray, WA (Liberal)?

you in general are no more religious than me or my family or my friends,

I take that as a HUGE, a MASSIVE compliment.

[quopte]
and you are no more patriotic than me or my father or my husband who both have served in the military or my other family or my friends...[/quote]

What have YOU done in service to your nation? What's YOUR most-extreme patriotic moment?

GET IT? HOPE SO...... :salute:

jd

Look - I MAY be a dick, but at least I'm a dick who is smart enough to understand the different between 'left-wing-uber-liberal' and a 'DEMOCRAT'.

AND I'm not a religious HACK who has a head-knowledge of scripture, but may be missing the very relationship with GOD religous people seek.

Are you aware you have NO PLACE to tell me about ANYTHING regarding Military service?

You and your views are constantly DESTROYING this country because you can't F'ing READ. See my reply (and others) to JD.

cp,

jd

See right there is your problem - or part of your problem. YOU SEEK to be made a victim. You CHANGE words so you can complain about something which didn't exist until you started bitching. You WILLINGLY took the part of the victim, CHANGING the truth of what I said about uber-left-wing Liberals and MAKING IT SEEM i was shit-talking about your daddy.

You are missing out on what makes a messageboard GREAT - intelectual honesty. I define intelectual honesty as, in part, somebody making a great or at least 'normal' effort to read and comprehend what somebody is saying before bitching at them.

diuretic
09-05-2007, 08:44 AM

What does "patriotic dissent" actually mean?

-Cp
09-05-2007, 08:46 AM
cp,

When the term liberal is used, it is equal to Democrat or Democratic

Really? By whom? Does that mean Zel Miller is a liberal cause he happened to be and still is a registered Democrat? Really?

.... my father is a liberal, my friend capt jack is a liberal...both of whomm were willing to give their LIVES for their country....UNLIKE what dmp said cp?

jd

And what made your father a lib? I HIGHLY doubt he was a lib - unless he was one of the pot-smoking hippies back in the 60's.... most democrats back then were not liberal...

darin
09-05-2007, 08:48 AM
I describe it - not define it - one way - there are likely others.

"Bitching about the affairs of our Government without offering any plausible, rational solution."

truthmatters
09-05-2007, 08:57 AM
He means anyone who speaks out against the war.

Funny thing is if you ask ther troops they will telll you that is perfectly fine with them that Americans get to use their freedom of speach.

This "better men" is code for they served and you did not.
Ask a vet returing from Iraq if serving makes him better than his brother who hasn't.

Guess what you will get?

These are the kinds of things people use to try and divide this country.

I HONOR the service of all military people INCLUDING my own family members some of who served in war and lead men into battle.

They would NEVER sugest that people using their freedom of speech in this country were LESS than them.

I am really sick of the people in this country who say Americans who dont want a war which is killing our people , throwing our teasure to the Wind and making the world hate us are bad Americans.

Grow up and smell the coffee!

This is American and we were BUILT on Freedom Of Speech.

retiredman
09-05-2007, 09:02 AM

certainly, you are not suggesting that "liberal" and "democrat" aren't used fairly interchangeably here, are you?

I myself find the premise of the original statement flawed and personally insulting.

darin
09-05-2007, 09:02 AM
He means anyone who speaks out against the war.

Here's one MORE lie you're caught in. Who the hell are you to speak for me?

Funny thing is if you ask ther troops they will telll you that is perfectly fine with them that Americans get to use their freedom of speach.

When have you asked a troop ANYTHING? Did you not READ THE QUOTE?

If I were explaining the quote to my 8 year old, I'd say this:

"Soldiers fight for the rights of ninnies to bitch and complain. Soldiers are BETTER than those who haven't served."

This "better men" is code for they served and you did not.

I didn't serve?

Ask a vet returing from Iraq if serving makes him better than his brother who hasn't.

Guess what you will get?

How many Iraq Vets do you see daily? :)

You REALLY know nothing about me, do you?

They would NEVER sugest that people using their freedom of speech in this country were LESS than them.

There you go again, Liar. By that quote you're making it seem as though I wrote "People in the Army are better than those who exercise their rights!"

That's not only a lie, that's a DAMN lie. And YOU know it.

I am really sick of the people in this country who say Americans who dont want a war which is killing our people , throwing our teasure to the Wind and making the world hate us are bad Americans.

Grow up and smell the coffee!

This is American and we were BUILT on Freedom Of Speech.

And I'm really sick of you twisting what other people say to fit your warped world view.

(shrug).

P.S. The expression is 'WAKE' up and smell the coffee. ;)

darin
09-05-2007, 09:04 AM
certainly, you are not suggesting that "liberal" and "democrat" aren't used fairly interchangeably here, are you?

Some people interchange them - from my experience here, 'democrat' and 'liberal' are used as synonyms MOSTLY by libs and democrats. :)

I myself find the premise of the original statement flawed and personally insulting.

It's okay if you don't understand it. You were in the Navy. ;)

diuretic
09-05-2007, 09:06 AM
That's the problem with quotes out of context. We are now going to hammer each other for pages and pages :laugh2:

Reminds me a bit of that one allegedly by George Orwell that floats around, the one that bangs on about "rough men standing by" or something like that. It's bullshit. Orwell never wrote it. Sorry to anyone who uses it as a signature line but it is a lot of rubbish.

JohnDoe
09-05-2007, 09:07 AM
I'm begining to think you have SERIOUS PROBLEMS with reading comprehension.

Who are left wing ultra liberals Dmp? Democrats, including Democrats that have given up their children, and their husbands and their wives in one war after another that this country has used them for...?

www.rif.org
www.hop.com

Nice, have you mastered these sites all on your own? :slap:

I did huh... Okay...sure...
:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Yes, you did insult every liberal out there, including those liberals like my dad.

See? See how you're wrong? See how you're showing your political ignorance? Was JFK a "Liberal"? Do you EVER see things like:

No, I don't see how I am wrong...I still think I am right, and that you loosely use the term liberal so to SLAM ALL liberals, it is a tactic that those on the right have mastered quite well, in fact.

Patty Murray, WA (Liberal)?

YOur point dmp?

I take that as a HUGE, a MASSIVE compliment.

[quopte]
and you are no more patriotic than me or my father or my husband who both have served in the military or my other family or my friends...

What have YOU done in service to your nation? What's YOUR most-extreme patriotic moment?

My most extreme patriotic moment was when I gave up my dad for him to serve the USA in Viet Nam for a year, thinking I would never see him again alive....along with moving every 6 months to a year for the grand ole usaf....17 different schools before graduating high school....I gave up my childhood, and friends and a stable home in one place, for my country....

How about you? What was your most patriotic moment?

Look - I MAY be a dick, but at least I'm a dick who is smart enough to understand the different between 'left-wing-uber-liberal' and a 'DEMOCRAT'.

And it is possible that you are not a dick, just to differ with you... lol ;)

AND I'm not a religious HACK who has a head-knowledge of scripture, but may be missing the very relationship with GOD religous people seek.

I don't believe this is the case, and did not mean to imply such...that I know more or something, because admittingly, I don't know more, but I do have a desire to know more...

Are you aware you have NO PLACE to tell me about ANYTHING regarding Military service?

Do all people that have served sometime in the Military feel that their judgements and comments can't be debated or questioned? Why would you or do you feel this way?

Besides the fact, where did I question YOUR SERVICE? you are pulling this out of the thin air, aren't you? Fabricating something that did not occur?

You and your views are constantly DESTROYING this country because you can't F'ing READ. See my reply (and others) to JD.

Really? How so?

See right there is your problem - or part of your problem. YOU SEEK to be made a victim. You CHANGE words so you can complain about something which didn't exist until you started bitching. You WILLINGLY took the part of the victim, CHANGING the truth of what I said about uber-left-wing Liberals and MAKING IT SEEM i was shit-talking about your daddy.

Dmp? What was YOUR PURPOSE for ruining your great quote, with your statement following it about ulber Liberals? Are there no uber conservative republicans that take the military for granted, never serving themselves while enjoying their freedom that the military and good leadership has given them?

You are missing out on what makes a messageboard GREAT - intelectual honesty. I define intelectual honesty as, in part, somebody making a great or at least 'normal' effort to read and comprehend what somebody is saying before bitching at them.[/QUOTE]

Please don't play DUMB with me....you made the statement to be divisive...you could have posted the quote and left it at that, but you CHOSE NOT to do such, did you not?

jd

Hagbard Celine
09-05-2007, 09:12 AM

The only "harm" coming to our troops is the harm bestowed upon them by their representatives and leaders when they send them off to war.

diuretic
09-05-2007, 09:18 AM
The only "harm" coming to our troops is the harm bestowed upon them by their representatives and leaders when they send them off to war.

That's a given though.

truthmatters
09-05-2007, 09:31 AM

Here is the thing about what you are saying.

Who has berated and slandered the troops?

No one to my knowledge.

What is the things these "uber -left" have done in your mind.

You see when you Make blanket statements you leave it for people to take an impression of what you are saying.

If you do not like people misunderstanding what you are trrying to say then actually say something of substance.

diuretic
09-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Another right wing spurt ends not with a bang but a whimper :lol:

Gawd, get another script writer other than Rush for crying out loud :laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
09-05-2007, 09:47 AM
That's a given though.

Apparently not to the original poster.

darin
09-05-2007, 10:05 AM
My most extreme patriotic moment was when I gave up my dad for him to serve the USA in Viet Nam for a year, thinking I would never see him again alive....along with moving every 6 months to a year for the grand ole usaf....17 different schools before graduating high school....I gave up my childhood, and friends and a stable home in one place, for my country....

How about you? What was your most patriotic moment?

Yeah - that's nothing you did. You didn't 'give him up' - he was taken. What have YOU done patriotic? What's your shining moment of service to our Nation, or expression of pride and love in our Great country?

Mine? When I gave this oath:

"I, Darin, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

And it is possible that you are not a dick, just to differ with you... lol ;)

So - you disregard the point of that comment?

Do all people that have served sometime in the Military feel that their judgements and comments can't be debated or questioned? Why would you or do you feel this way?

That's a silly question right there. It's like asking "When did you stop beating your wife?"

PLEASE try to ask honest questions relating to the topic...PLEASE?

Besides the fact, where did I question YOUR SERVICE? you are pulling this out of the thin air, aren't you? Fabricating something that did not occur?

THERE you go again making-stuff up. Where did I say you questioned my service? I made a statement. You (there are few here who could) have no place to tell me anything about what servicemen and women think.

dmp? What was YOUR PURPOSE for ruining your great quote, with your statement following it about ulber Liberals?

Because Uber-Left Liberals are absolutely Evil. They are ruining our Nation and our Society - like cancer. Liberals (militant, far-left type...see "Nancy Pelosi, Ted Kennedy, The Government of San Fransisco, etc), come up with laws and policies and statements of opinion which violate common sense, reason, and freedom.

Are there no uber conservative republicans that take the military for granted, never serving themselves while enjoying their freedom that the military and good leadership has given them?

Is that your opinion?

Please don't play DUMB with me....you made the statement to be divisive...you could have posted the quote and left it at that, but you CHOSE NOT to do such, did you not?

I made the statement DIVISIVE? lmao. Would you rather EVERYTHING EVERYBODY post be fair and equal to ANY reader? It's my OPINION. It's SUPPOSED to be about what I Feel. If a uber-left Liberal gets butt-hurt because I think their political and social leanings are evil, vile, and a cancer on our society, that's fine. Them having hurt-feelings doesn't change the fact I'm right.

darin
09-05-2007, 10:08 AM

That's an immature simplistic view of life/war/whatever. The implication is our soldiers wouldn't EVER be faced with Harm if we never went to war. That's painfully obvious, but it's juvenile. If we never went to war, we'd never need Armed Forces anyway. See?

Here is the thing about what you are saying.

Who has berated and slandered the troops?

No one to my knowledge.

Do you want me to find a list of people who have berated the troops? Would that appease you? Or would you again change the topic?

What is the things these "uber -left" have done in your mind.

"We've killed over 400,000 (Iraqi) citizens."

"This War Is Lost"

You know education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

If you do not like people misunderstanding what you are trrying to say then actually say something of substance.

Thanks for the tip - I'll try to remember to write MORE of my replies as if I'm speaking to a learning-disabled 5 year old.

truthmatters
09-05-2007, 10:18 AM
Yeah - that's nothing you did. You didn't 'give him up' - he was taken. What have YOU done patriotic? What's your shining moment of service to our Nation, or expression of pride and love in our Great country?
Im sure you realise what you have just said about all the families of our sreving members

Mine? When I gave this oath:

"I, Darin, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."
As have very many of the people you claim to hate

So - you disregard the point of that comment?

That's a silly question right there. It's like asking "When did you stop beating your wife?"

PLEASE try to ask honest questions relating to the topic...PLEASE?

THERE you go again making-stuff up. Where did I say you questioned my service? I made a statement. You (there are few here who could) have no place to tell me anything about what servicemen and women think.

Because Uber-Left Liberals are absolutely Evil. They are ruining our Nation and our Society - like cancer. Liberals (militant, far-left type...see "Nancy Pelosi, Ted Kennedy, The Government of San Fransisco, etc), come up with laws and policies and statements of opinion which violate common sense, reason, and freedom.
You say you are not talking about the Democrats? hmmm who is the liar here? Bush has supported things which are contrary to our constitution

Is that your opinion?

I made the statement DIVISIVE? lmao. Would you rather EVERYTHING EVERYBODY post be fair and equal to ANY reader? It's my OPINION. It's SUPPOSED to be about what I Feel. If a uber-left Liberal gets butt-hurt because I think their political and social leanings are evil, vile, and a cancer on our society, that's fine. Them having hurt-feelings doesn't change the fact I'm right.Dividing the nation is not in its best interests

Well I guess we turned out to be right about who the "uber-liberal left" were.

Hagbard Celine
09-05-2007, 10:20 AM
That's an immature simplistic view of life/war/whatever. The implication is our soldiers wouldn't EVER be faced with Harm if we never went to war. That's painfully obvious, but it's juvenile. If we never went to war, we'd never need Armed Forces anyway. See?

The implication that political dissent harms the troops is a joke. The implication that "libs" are the root cause behind everything bad in the world is moronic. End of story. If you don't want the troops to be harmed, don't send them into war. It may seem "juvenile" to you dmp, but it's 100 percent accurate. The troops don't need 100 percent, unthinking, robotic consensus to be "supported." What they need is to not have mortars shot at them. Hey, what they need is to not be sent into a war zone just because the US considers itself the world's police. What they need is to not be the unwitting pawns in a global corporate war-for-cash machine.

darin
09-05-2007, 10:29 AM
The implication that political dissent harms the troops is a joke.

See my quotes above.

The implication that "libs" are the root cause behind everything bad in the world is moronic. End of story.

'libs' = Far Leftists, like those in my quotes above? Leftists Libs, like those in my quotes above, and others, are seriously HARMING society. It's fact.

If you don't want the troops to be harmed, don't send them into war. It may seem "juvenile" to you dmp, but it's 100 percent accurate.

But your sentiment betrays your ignorance dude. Don't be saying things like that because it shows you may not have a clue about real-life.

Do you know how many soldiers died between 1980 and 2000 in training accidents not related to the War? If ANY soldier was harmed during training it shoots your theory in the foot, doesn't it. Hell, I'm a good example. I left Army service due to injury incurred while on active duty. I was never in "a war."

The troops don't need 100 percent, unthinking, robotic consensus to be "supported."

I'll beg your pardon for telling you to not lecture ME on what you think Troops 'need', because I'd bet dollars to donuts you don't have a f'ing CLUE about troops' needs. :)

Hey, what they need is to not be sent into a war zone just because the US considers itself the world's police. What they need is to not be the unwitting pawns in a global corporate war-for-cash machine.

:tinfoil:

Trigg
09-05-2007, 10:32 AM

No your to infer I'm from the North where it snows a lot.

As for the rolling eyes. His quote is saying that people are free to bitch about our gov. because other people are fighting for there freedoms. So, yes better men.

darin
09-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Dividing the nation is not in its best interests

Well I guess we turned out to be right about who the "uber-liberal left" were.

You REALLY should learn to use '
' - it'd make your posts MUCH easier to read. Instead of changing the COLOR of your reply, frame what you are replying to with the [quote] tags

[quote=Liesmatter]Im sure you realise what you have just said about all the families of our sreving members

What did I just say?

here's what I wrote, as a refresher. Read it twice if you need to:

You didn't 'give him up' - he was taken (for service).

As have very many of the people you claim to hate

Who do I claim to hate? Here you go again making shit up.

You say you are not talking about the Democrats? hmmm who is the liar here? Bush has supported things which are contrary to our constitution

I wrote "YOU brought up democrats. I said uber-left Liberals" Your statement about your president is not just a lie, it's a DAMN lie, but it's also fodder for another thread.

Dividing the nation is not in its best interests

Righto - Here's a couple gems of knowledge. They are free. Most people would have to PAY for what I'm about to teach you.

#1 - I made my comments on a message board, not in an address to the Nation.
#2 - What's NOT in the nation's best interest is sugar-coating TRUTH. I WISH...I WISH TO GOD The President would call-out those Political HACKS who berate, Slander, and accuse Him and our Nation of made-up "Crimes". The Absolute TRUTH is Liberalism as we know it today is Godless, Evil, and HURTING our society. The fact it hurts your feelings doesn't change the fact it's a true statement.

retiredman
09-05-2007, 10:39 AM
'libs' = Far Leftists, like those in my quotes above? Leftists Libs, like those in my quotes above, and others, are seriously HARMING society. It's fact.

no...it is your opinion. don't try to pawn it off as fact. Your "quotes" are an actor recounting the civilian death toll in Iraq. A senator stating the obvious.... and another senator blowing a punchline. "seriously HARMING society"???? give me a break.

I'll beg your pardon for telling you to not lecture ME on what you think Troops 'need', because I'd bet dollars to donuts you don't have a f'ing CLUE about troops' needs. :)

I do, and I KNOW that vigorous contentious debate back home is nowhere near as damaging to troop morale (if at all) as the right would tend to portray it. And in any case, that goes with the territory when you serve the military of a free and democratic society. Do you honestly think that the morale of the troops in China is better because they do not get to hear any dissent? Dissent at home ought not to bother anyone in an american military uniform - it is, after all, what they are fighting to protect!

gabosaurus
09-05-2007, 10:49 AM

Nice quote. It's bullshit, of course, but still a nice quote.

darin
09-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Your "quotes" are an actor recounting the civilian death toll in Iraq. A senator stating the obvious.... and another senator blowing a punchline. "seriously HARMING society"???? give me a break.

A Liberal Actor spreading Lies. A senator aiding the enemy by declaring defeat, and another senator willfully insulting the Forces. That was NOT a punchline. To quote JD in this thread "Don't play dumb"

I do, and I KNOW that vigorous contentious debate back home is nowhere near as damaging to troop morale (if at all) as the right would tend to portray it.

How many soldiers to you speak with on a daily basis? it's your OPINION the words here don't damage troop morale - don't try to portray your opinion as fact.

Dissent at home ought not to bother anyone in an american military uniform - it is, after all, what they are fighting to protect!

That's plain silly right there. I don't care...that's pure silliness. You're implying Troops LOVE hearing how they are baby killers and murderers and stupid - ALL because they are fighting to protect the rights of idiots to make such claims.

We don't LIKE the speech we hear...although we DO fight to protect it.

Trigg
09-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Nice quote. It's bullshit, of course, but still a nice quote.

WHY?????

You and me are free to say whatever we want about the gov. and the country we live in only because men/women are fighting for those freedoms.

gabosaurus
09-05-2007, 11:07 AM
No one has "fought for our freedom" since World War II. Everything since has been a police action, our sticking our noses where they didn't belong.
If GW goes out and starts a war to satisfy a personal grudge, I hardly call that "defending our freedom." Perhaps defending the freedom to foster fear, hatred and animosity toward those people that a certain sector of Americans dislike.

truthmatters
09-05-2007, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=dmp;117824]I'm begining to think you have SERIOUS PROBLEMS with reading comprehension.

You list as uber-left wing later in this thread as Pelosi, Ried,kennedy and other democrats.

Who is not being honest here?

They are not the uber-left wing they are the party leaders.

darin
09-05-2007, 11:24 AM
You list as uber-left wing later in this thread as Pelosi, Ried,kennedy and other democrats.

Who is not being honest here?

They are not the uber-left wing they are the party leaders.

Those folk are LEFT-WING...MORE (worse) than Liberals. They are also Democrats.

SOME democrats are NOT left-wing - that's why I didn't WRITE "Democrats are..." I chose my words carefully "Uber-left Wing Liberals".

You REALLY...REALLY like to lie. You stir shit up for the sake of trying to be smart or right or somehow credible. It's hilarious.

retiredman
09-05-2007, 12:04 PM
WHAT? Harry Reid....devout mormon, pro-life, pro-death penalty, anti-gun control senator from a dead red state is "LEFT-WING....MORE (worse) than Liberals"?

I just about spit out my coffee reading that. You don't know what the hell you are talking about! Did Rush MAKE you say those things?

JohnDoe
09-05-2007, 12:05 PM
WHY?????

You and me are free to say whatever we want about the gov. and the country we live in only because men/women are fighting for those freedoms.
No, not necessarily the whole story Trigg....our soldiers are NOT the ONLY reason we have those freedoms maintained.

people and groups of people that are not fighting in any wars are here on our homeland defending our freedom of speech....daily....in our courts also, and in our Legislatures, hopefully! :(

darin
09-05-2007, 12:07 PM
WHAT? Harry Reid....devout mormon, pro-life, pro-death penalty, anti-gun control senator from a dead red state is "LEFT-WING....MORE (worse) than Liberals"?

I just about spit out my coffee reading that. You don't know what the hell you are talking about! Did Rush MAKE you say those things?

It's not who you are deep down inside - it's what you DO that defines you. I call Reid a Left-Wing nutjob because his words betray him as such.

And I'm also calling bullshit on your 'you spit out your coffee reading' that. Here's what you did.

You just researched Harry Reid and found out a few things about him. Now you're playing it off as if you've always known it. I know this is true because HAD You honestly laughed 'when you read it' you most-certainly would have indicated you had in your FIRST REPLY after reading it.

Dishonesty is unbecoming.

retiredman
09-05-2007, 12:27 PM
It's not who you are deep down inside - it's what you DO that defines you. I call Reid a Left-Wing nutjob because his words betray him as such.

And I'm also calling bullshit on your 'you spit out your coffee reading' that. Here's what you did.

You just researched Harry Reid and found out a few things about him. Now you're playing it off as if you've always known it. I know this is true because HAD You honestly laughed 'when you read it' you most-certainly would have indicated you had in your FIRST REPLY after reading it.

Dishonesty is unbecoming.

You KNOW nothing of the sort... your assumption is incorrect. And I have found it always good form to not call someone a LIAR when you only think they might be. I realize that you had quoted them earlier and I had responded earlier. I was simply taken by the "LEFT-WING....MORE (worse) than Liberals" phraseology that you used in that post. That was and is funny to me. Hence my burst of laughter while drinking my afternoon cup of coffee. As to your scurrilous suggestion that I researched Reid in advance to find out his positions, know this: Harry Reid is my party's senate majority leader. I am an avid political junkie... I have known about his stances on issues for some time, as I felt that he was too far right to lead the democratic senate caucus. He is against the war...so am I. But he is much further right in his positions (AND HIS VOTES) on LOTS of other issues than I would like from a senate democratic leader. I understand that he needs to be in order to keep getting reelected from that state, but that doesn't mean I have to LIKE those stances...and they certainly do not make him "LEFT-WING....MORE (worse) than Liberals".

So please... I really take my integrity pretty seriously, and I really don't like being called a liar by anyone. You should retract that.

JohnDoe
09-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Really? By whom? Does that mean Zel Miller is a liberal cause he happened to be and still is a registered Democrat? Really?

And what made your father a lib? I HIGHLY doubt he was a lib - unless he was one of the pot-smoking hippies back in the 60's.... most democrats back then were not liberal...

Liberal, is a beautiful word, with great meaning.

YOur side has tried to rewrite the definition of this word....to be something ugly. I don't buy in to the lie.

My father is a Liberal/Democrat, from head to toe (And yes, the Dem of the past would be described in todays terms as somewhat conservative, at least by the right), and so am I. And I am proud to be a Liberal, as defined by the dictionary. What you say, and your brother says, and Rush Limbaugh says, and your party players say, does not change the fact that Liberal is a beautiful word with a beautiful definition, and I am proud to be labeled as one.

:D

jd

typomaniac
09-05-2007, 12:36 PM
As for the rolling eyes. His quote is saying that people are free to bitch about our gov. because other people are fighting for there freedoms. So, yes better men.
Bullshit. By that logic, a 1-A is automatically a "better" man than a 4-F.

Whatever the intended meaning of this quote, the actual meaning is disgustingly offensive. And un-American.

truthmatters
09-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Liberal, is a beautiful word, with great meaning.

YOur side has tried to rewrite the definition of this word....to be something ugly. I don't buy in to the lie.

My father is a Liberal/Democrat, from head to toe (And yes, the Dem of the past would be described in todays terms as somewhat conservative, at least by the right), and so am I. And I am proud to be a Liberal, as defined by the dictionary. What you say, and your brother says, and Rush Limbaugh says, and your party players say, does not change the fact that Liberal is a beautiful word with a beautiful definition, and I am proud to be labeled as one.

:D

jd

Here ,here ME TOO!

darin
09-05-2007, 01:12 PM
You KNOW nothing of the sort... your assumption is incorrect. And I have found it always good form to not call someone a LIAR when you only think they might be. I realize that you had quoted them earlier and I had responded earlier. I was simply taken by the "LEFT-WING....MORE (worse) than Liberals" phraseology that you used in that post. That was and is funny to me. Hence my burst of laughter while drinking my afternoon cup of coffee. As to your scurrilous suggestion that I researched Reid in advance to find out his positions, know this: Harry Reid is my party's senate majority leader. I am an avid political junkie... I have known about his stances on issues for some time, as I felt that he was too far right to lead the democratic senate caucus. He is against the war...so am I. But he is much further right in his positions (AND HIS VOTES) on LOTS of other issues than I would like from a senate democratic leader. I understand that he needs to be in order to keep getting reelected from that state, but that doesn't mean I have to LIKE those stances...and they certainly do not make him "LEFT-WING....MORE (worse) than Liberals".

So please... I really take my integrity pretty seriously, and I really don't like being called a liar by anyone. You should retract that.

I still think you're lying. I think you researched Reid, then created the story about 'spitting your coffee' after the fact. Nothing you wrote up there does anything to convince me otherwise.

Reid's comments betray his spinelessness - another quality, or 'fruit' of liberalism.

JohnDoe
09-05-2007, 01:27 PM
I still think you're lying. I think you researched Reid, then created the story about 'spitting your coffee' after the fact. Nothing you wrote up there does anything to convince me otherwise.

Reid's comments betray his spinelessness - another quality, or 'fruit' of liberalism.

:slap::slap::slap:

It is you, that is wrong on this...the MFM knows more than any of us liberals, when it comes to the Party! And he is not a liar, and does take false accusations against him, quite seriously! yikes!!! :)

Hagbard Celine
09-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Don't discuss or debate issues because it may hurt soldiers' feelings. On second thought, don't even have an opinion on issues at all because you aren't in the military so you don't deserve an opinion to begin with. Got it. That pretty much wraps-up the DP conservative mindset right?

retiredman
09-05-2007, 01:40 PM

nothing I "wrote up there" was designed to "convince" you of anything.

but your posts HAVE succeeded in convincing me you are a spineless asshole. so you've accomplished that much.

truthmatters
09-05-2007, 01:42 PM

I have posted in the same places as Maine has posted for years and He knew who Reid was long ago.
Reid is my senator and Years ago Maine and I talked about him.

retiredman
09-05-2007, 01:43 PM
and the point still stands: for you to call Harry Reid "LEFT-WING....MORE (worse) than Liberals" is indicative of your utter ignorance of American politics. regardless of your manners, your intellect - or lack thereof - is self evident.

darin
09-05-2007, 01:47 PM
It is you, that is wrong on this...the MFM knows more than any of us liberals, when it comes to the Party! And he is not a liar, and does take false accusations against him, quite seriously! yikes!!!

The Party? There is no "Liberals" Party, AFAIK. And his political knowledge has nothing to do with the fact I think he made-up a story.

Don't discuss or debate issues because it may hurt soldiers' feelings. On second thought, don't even have an opinion on issues at all because you aren't in the military so you don't deserve an opinion to begin with. Got it. That pretty much wraps-up the DP conservative mindset right?

Your "arguments" sound like a chirping bird.

I have posted in the same places as Maine has posted for years and He knew who Reid was long ago.
Reid is my senator and Years ago Maine and I talked about him.

And...so?

nothing I "wrote up there" was designed to "convince" you of anything.

but your posts HAVE succeeded in convincing me you are a spineless asshole. so you've accomplished that much.

Enjoy your ban.

and the point still stands: for you to call Harry Reid "LEFT-WING....MORE (worse) than Liberals" is indicative of your utter ignorance of American politics. regardless of your manners, your intellect - or lack thereof - is self evident.

Ad hominem does NOTHING to further your point of view

truthmatters
09-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Maine has a very broad knowledge of politics and Knew alot about Reid years ago it what it shows.

You see Harry was minority leader for a long time and Maine knew alot about him. Much more than most people I talked to at the time from all sides of the isle.

jimnyc
09-05-2007, 01:54 PM
you are a spineless asshole.

Wow. Probably not the best comeback to someone you disagree with. I'm confident there are ways to show your contempt for another's words without vulgarity, especially in the "lounge" section of the board.

truthmatters
09-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Wow. Probably not the best comeback to someone you disagree with. I'm confident there are ways to show your contempt for another's words without vulgarity, especially in the "lounge" section of the board.

I get people calling me names all the time.

jimnyc
09-05-2007, 01:57 PM

By using vulgarity, and in the lounge section of the board - where it's supposed to be "fun" chat?

darin
09-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Maine has a very broad knowledge of politics and Knew alot about Reid years ago it what it shows.

You see Harry was minority leader for a long time and Maine knew alot about him. Much more than most people I talked to at the time from all sides of the isle.

But NONE Of that pertains to my belief he's lying about his 'spitting out coffee' story. Even if he DIDN'T go back an research Reid, it's still unlikely he read what I said about Reid and had THAT kind of reaction, but chose not to bring it up until later.

Anywho - all that is beside the point that Uber-Left-Wing Liberals destroy the very fabric of our society. They Hate our Country and our Soldiers and Sailors. They Hate God. If the shoe fits, wear it.

report vulgarity (NOT WITH THE REPORT POST FEATURE) to a mod/admin. See the "Announcement Section" - first sticky thread by Me up there, for guidelines on when Bans will be issued.

Hagbard Celine
09-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Your "arguments" sound like a chirping bird.

Like a little bluebird on your shoulder I hope. :finger3:

darin
09-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Like a little bluebird on your shoulder I hope. :finger3:

HA! More like a something worse which I cannot think of but just imagine if I COULD, eh? EH? - bird.

:):salute:

Hagbard Celine
09-05-2007, 02:11 PM
HA! More like a something worse which I cannot think of but just imagine if I COULD, eh? EH? - bird.

:):salute:
I'm sorry, the answer we were looking for was "blue-footed booby." Thanks for playing!
http://z.about.com/d/animals/1/0/h/9/shutterstock_304958.jpg

jimnyc
09-05-2007, 02:13 PM
That's an awesome looking bird! Not surprising though, as it has "booby" in it's name! :)

JohnDoe
09-05-2007, 02:17 PM
is spineless a vulgarity? or is asshole the vulgarity?

confirmation please?

and if asshole is the vulgarity, is vagina a vulgarity, or is urinary track a vulgarity?

some clarity if possible, so i don't make the same mistake....and get zapped in the middle of winning an argument in the future.

thank you in advance for clarrification.

jd

truthmatters
09-05-2007, 02:18 PM
By using vulgarity, and in the lounge section of the board - where it's supposed to be "fun" chat?

Oh names dont phase me Im not worried about them.

I try to never call people names. I am human and slip up but if I tried to report people for name calling I would have no time to discuss anything on here.

darin
09-05-2007, 02:23 PM

confirmation please?

and if asshole is the vulgarity, is vagina a vulgarity, or is urinary track a vulgarity?

some clarity if possible, so i don't make the same mistake....and get zapped in the middle of winning an argument in the future.

jd

Don't play coy. Really. Now you're being silly. You're being silly two ways. Your 'clarification' request, AND it's silly because I don't recall you ever winning an argument. :)
:poke:

Oh names dont phase me Im not worried about them.

I try to never call people names. I am human and slip up but if I tried to report people for name calling I would have no time to discuss anything on here.

Again - if you're the subject of vulgarities, and feel upset, contact a Mod or an Admin.

truthmatters
09-05-2007, 02:27 PM
I recall Mr Doe winning many debates.

darin
09-05-2007, 02:32 PM
I recall Mr Doe winning many debates.

http://www.piekitchen.com/pies/peach-pie.jpg

jimnyc
09-05-2007, 02:49 PM

confirmation please?

jd

Do you see yourself using such terminology in your debates? I could be wrong, but I honestly don't see you calling someone a "spineless asshole" in your debates. So are you truly asking for yourself, or just trying to defend what MFM said?

truthmatters
09-05-2007, 02:50 PM
http://www.piekitchen.com/pies/peach-pie.jpg

Damn that makes me hungry...peach pie galrrrrrrrlllrlrll.

Trigg
09-05-2007, 02:58 PM
No, not necessarily the whole story Trigg....our soldiers are NOT the ONLY reason we have those freedoms maintained.

people and groups of people that are not fighting in any wars are here on our homeland defending our freedom of speech....daily....in our courts also, and in our Legislatures, hopefully! :(

I can agree with you on this "fighting for our freedom" doesn't have to literally mean warfare.

truthmatters
09-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Agreed, we need to always remember that war should be viewed as a failure of diplomatic efforts and a Last resort.

JohnDoe
09-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Do you see yourself using such terminology in your debates? I could be wrong, but I honestly don't see you calling someone a "spineless asshole" in your debates. So are you truly asking for yourself, or just trying to defend what MFM said?

No, I would never use vulgarities or curse at someone, especially because I profess to be Christian. I would not want any non-believer, to think that cursing is A-OK while being a follower of Christ. Not that I haven't slipped and not that I don't have the urge sometimes to do such, just that I have so much more respect for Christ than I do for my own urges at this point in my life.

But some people, like Sailors for example, cursing is like putting on your pants in the morning, even as a Christian, it is hard to break the habbit, especially if you were a life long Sailor, in the United States Navy, such as the man from Main.

As I read it, Dmp challeged the man from maine, and called him, personally, an out right liar.... now to me, being called a liar is WORSE than being called an asshole.

Now Dmp, STILL has not apologozed for slamming the man from maine regarding his COMPLETE KNOWLEDGE of the Democratic Party and Harry Reid's stances, but IS NOW trying to change the terms of his statements MID STREAM in the game and claim that he is still the WINNER because the man from maine lied about spitting out his coffee...

When it is COMMON KNOWLEDGE that the term spitting out my coffee on my computer screen is a FIGURE of Speech....and NOT in any way what the man from maine was upset about. He was upset about DMp's LIES about him and his knowledge of politics...and insistance, that the man from maine is lying about his political knowledge and insistance once again that the man from maine had to scour the internet quickly to find out about harry reid...which is, and has been and will always be, utter bullshit and a lie....not a difference of opinion, but a lie.

And then, he has the balls to end the debate with his power...instead of FACING UP TO his blatent attack on the man from maine, by accusing the man from maine of not knowing something about his literal passion in life, politics.

I just call it how I see it.

And if you must know, I have tried and tried and tried and pleaded and begged and even have done it in front of everyone on the other boards, trying to humiliate him , in to curbing his Sailor mouth, to NO avail Jim....!!!!!!!!!

It is, who he is....a Sailor, with the mouth that goes with it!!!! hahahaha! I swear!!!!

jd

jimnyc
09-05-2007, 03:32 PM
I see "most" of what you're saying, JD. While no one likes to be called a liar, it's an opinion in the context it was stated. Just as MFM calling dmp a spineless asshole was an opinion.

IMO - one is using vulgarity while the other is not. AND, vulgarity probably won't be as easily tolerated in what is supposed to be a "fun" section of the board. While you may have seen the term liar being used as vulgar, in normal conversation it would be used whereas the other term would be considered crude.

At any rate, I believe the discussion over what transpired between the 2 of them should now cease, and the conversation should continue in a civil manner. Further debate about the actions will only lead to more hostility, and I've had more than my fair share of that lately and don't want anymore!

darin
09-05-2007, 03:38 PM
No, I would never use vulgarities or curse at someone, especially because I profess to be Christian. I would not want any non-believer, to think that cursing is A-OK while being a follower of Christ.

;)

YOU are being a DICK

But cursing (saying shit, or damn, or dick) is NOT a sin, when used in the right context. Not any more than 'poop, darn, or jerk' is sinful.

As I read it, dmp challeged the man from maine, and called him, personally, an out right liar.... now to me, being called a liar is WORSE than being called an asshole.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD..

It's NOT Dmp. It's not dMp...it's not DMp....it's not DMP...it's
dmp

Now Dmp, STILL has not apologozed for slamming the man from maine regarding his COMPLETE KNOWLEDGE of the Democratic Party and Harry Reid's stances, but IS NOW trying to change the terms of his statements MID STREAM in the game and claim that he is still the WINNER because the man from maine lied about spitting out his coffee...

Because I never 'slammed' mfm regarding his knowledge or experience. I suspected MFM did a quick google about Harry Reid. In fact, I wrote that before MFM Claimed to have such knowledge.

I think MFM is lying about 'spit out my coffee'. (shrug)

When it is COMMON KNOWLEDGE that the term spitting out my coffee on my computer screen is a FIGURE of Speech....and NOT in any way what the man from maine was upset about.

It's common knowledge to WHOM? When a guy says "I nearly spit out my coffee when I read that" i take it to mean 'when he read something, he was COMPLETELY SHOCKED to the point where he nearly spit-out what he was drinking.

I'm saying, the DELAY from the time I posted my comment about Reid, to the time MFM 'decided' or 'remembered' he was shocked when he read it leads me to believe MFM went and google'd Harry Reid, found out about some things, then replied as if He'd ALWAYS Known it.

He was upset about DMp's LIES about him and his knowledge of politics...and insistance, that the man from maine is lying about his political knowledge and insistance once again that the man from maine had to scour the internet quickly to find out about harry reid...which is, and has been and will always be, utter bullshit and a lie....not a difference of opinion, but a lie.

WHY do you DO THAT? What's WRONG with you? I have NEVER claimed MFM didn't have whatever knowledge he claimed to have AFTER I called him out for his 'story'. I said

"I believe you're lying about the whole 'nearly spit out my coffee' thing. I believe you really weren't shocked about what I said about Harry Reid. In fact, I believe you learned that about harry reid AFTER you read what I said.

Now - MFM got on here and started bragging about his POLITICAL knowledge Skillz - which has NOTHING to do with my belief MFM Lied about 'being so shocked about what I said bout Reid that he nearly spit out his Coffee.

DO I have to put this to a Barney Song with a bouncing ball so you can follow along?

And then, he has the balls to end the debate with his power...instead of FACING UP TO his blatent attack on the man from maine, by accusing the man from maine of not knowing something about his literal passion in life, politics.

I didn't end the debate. I gave MFM 48hrs for calling me a spineless asshole. Instead of DEFENDING his position or simply saying "Believe what you want" MFM decided to get vulgar and nasty. Get over it.

I just call it how I see it.

And if you must know, I have tried and tried and tried and pleaded and begged and even have done it in front of everyone on the other boards, trying to humiliate him , in to curbing his Sailor mouth, to NO avail Jim....!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't matter. He broke the rules.

It is, who he is....a Sailor, with the mouth that goes with it!!!! hahahaha! I swear!!!!

jd

Okay - Then I am who I am. An Admin and the power that comes with it. I swear.

JohnDoe
09-05-2007, 05:10 PM
It was more than ONCE, even after his explanation and correction, you continued to accuse him of searching the net for his comment to you and basically not knowing shit, offhand, about his own party leaders, and lying about it....only after quite a few posts, did you succomb, settling on then trying to accuse him of lying about the coffee spitting, which had nothing to do with politics or this thread or truely to comments you had said, the coffee was the comic relief, not a main player imo dmp....?

Anyway, none of this matters, you banned one of those left wing sllimey Liberals that you blame for all ills in the world, who served his country, much, much, much longer than you ever did, all because of something that I don't even find offensive, in fact, with your spineless banning of him "exercising this power of yours", it is turning out that it was more appropo imho, than offensive!

Have a good good evening.

jd or JD or JohnDoe or johndoe, I am not picky or insecure, any one will do for me! ;)

darin
09-05-2007, 05:21 PM
It was more than ONCE, even after his explanation and correction, you continued to accuse him of searching the net for his comment to you and basically not knowing shit, offhand, about his own party leaders, and lying about it....only after quite a few posts, did you succomb, settling on then trying to accuse him of lying about the coffee spitting, which had nothing to do with politics or this thread or truely to comments you had said, the coffee was the comic relief, not a main player imo dmp....?

Anyway, none of this matters, you banned one of those left wing sllimey Liberals that you blame for all ills in the world, who served his country, much, much, much longer than you ever did, all because of something that I don't even find offensive, in fact, with your spineless banning of him "exercising this power of yours", it is turning out that it was more appropo imho, than offensive!

Have a good good evening.

jd or JD or JohnDoe or johndoe, I am not picky or insecure, any one will do for me! ;)

So you aren't going to abide by Jim's direction to stop talking about the MFM vs. dmp thing? Is that what you're saying?

JohnDoe
09-05-2007, 07:26 PM
So you aren't going to abide by Jim's direction to stop talking about the MFM vs. dmp thing? Is that what you're saying?
no, i am going to abide by the rules!!

ok then....now that this is settled....

i will go back to ragging on you for your original and then later statements!!!! :D

if that's okay with you?

jd

glockmail
09-05-2007, 08:08 PM
I recall Mr Doe winning many debates. That's because you're hopelessly biased and closed-minded, two traits that you claim to despise.

diuretic
09-05-2007, 08:50 PM
WHY?????

I have to take issue with this. That isn't the case. I know we're in different countries but there's a commonality of culture that should allow me to make a point. I can't think of anywhere where the military of my country and your country are fighting for our freedoms right now. The biggest threat to our freedoms - yours and mine - come from our governments.

diuretic
09-05-2007, 08:58 PM
I suppose I should address the original post. My father was a left winger as a young man, in fact he was very left. But during WWII he joined the Royal Air Force (UK) and fought in the Indian and Burma campaigns. He was strafed by a Japanese fighter in Burma and while he was not hit by bullets he did injure himself when he jumped into a slit trench on the airfield to avoid the bullets and that injury to his back stayed with him all his life. After the war he was still a left winger and he never regretted serving his country to protect it from Nazism and Japanese imperialism.

To call someone "unpatriotic" because of their political views isn't a fair claim.

darin
09-05-2007, 09:02 PM
The claim is what we call 'About right...but exactly wrong.'

Trigg
09-06-2007, 11:37 AM
I have to take issue with this. That isn't the case. I know we're in different countries but there's a commonality of culture that should allow me to make a point. I can't think of anywhere where the military of my country and your country are fighting for our freedoms right now. The biggest threat to our freedoms - yours and mine - come from our governments.

Did you see where I agreed with Johndoe that "fighting for our freedom" doesn't have to mean warfare???

As for your second point, I disagree. Our military right now is fighting a terrorist organization, right now Islam has spread into African and Asian nations. The women there have most certainly lost their freedoms.

One problem with the US right now is the Politically Correct culture that Clinton introduced. It's getting so bad you can't even call someone a drunk anymore, they're alcohol impaired.

gabosaurus
09-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Doe Boy, it is possible to make a point without personally slagging people. Believe it or not.

It is difficult to believe the Bushies' claim that they are "fighting terrorism" when they are actually promoting it. Going back to invading a country without cause or provocation.
Yeah, you removed a "ruthless dictator" from power. So why didn't we invade Saudi Arabia? Or North Korea? Not only are their regimes more harsh, but both promote and harbor terrorism.
Bandar Bush is too attached at a certain body part to the Saudis. And he is afraid of the Chinese. So that left Iraq, with its convenient cartoon dictator that no one liked or supported.
Dubya wanted to be perceived as the "war president." Instead, he is now the "death president." Dubya has doomed the Republican Party to a decade of failure.

jff.law
04-11-2008, 09:12 AM
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world". Oscar Wilde