PDA

View Full Version : PROOF that Politifact are leftists & liars

jimnyc
07-26-2019, 09:43 AM
Such descriptions and political dishonesty = lying

At any rate, recall the pictures released of AOC crying to her knees in front of the fence at where there is a detention center in Texas.

The pictures went viral. THEN it went viral that she was crying about an empty parking lot, that the facility was actually a long ways down that road.

So Politifact listed this as FALSE - and were dead serious about it. Can't let a leftie, or more importantly, goddess AOC be caught in a lie or caught being a complete dipshit. So list it as false, the guy who caught the photos lied and we were deceived.

You see, we were told she was crying and a parking lot was on the other side of the fence. When in reality, as we know, there is a road down to the facility. And directly in front of her where the pictures were taken, was not specifically a parking lot. But the FACT that she was nowhere near a facility is a fact. She lied to get photos, staring and posting as if it was so so horrid. But she lied. And then politifact was embarrassed - for her I suppose, and hope that huge "false" banner and the title ends it. But they are dishonest - as I have told everyone for years now. This is FAR FAR FAR from the 1st time that they have done this.

AND facebook helping when they can. :rolleyes: And look at the portion of the article highlighted in red. FB actually uses them dang idiots for their "FACT CHECKING"!!

---
No, this isn’t a photo of Alexandria Ocasio Cortez crying over a parking lot

On June 24, U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez retweeted images that an El Paso photographer took of her at a Texas town on the U.S.-Mexico border last year.

"Before @AOC hit the national stage & was just a fairly unknown House candidate frm NYC, she took time awy frm her campaign & came dwn to #Tornillo to protest the #tentcity housing migrant children," tweeted photographer Ivan Pierre Aguirre, who has been helping cover family separations for the Texas Tribune. "I made these previously unpublished fotos a yr ago today. #el paso #aoc #onassignment."

Ocasio-Cortez said she would never forget that day.

"It was the moment I saw with my own eyes that the America I love was becoming a nation that steals refugee children from their parents,& caged them," she said, retweeting images of her standing in front of a chain-link fence with a pained look on her face.

Critics pounced, posting to social media that the congresswoman was crying over nothing more than a parking lot. Among the stories echoing that sentiment were two shared on Facebook. One was from RT, the Russian government-backed news organization, and another was from conservative news outlet PJ Media, which ran a story with this headline: "AOC weeps over empty parking lot."

Both Facebook posts were flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. (Read more about our partnership with Facebook.)

We reached out to Aguirre about the claims Ocasio-Cortez was crying over a parking lot.

Rest - https://www.politifact.com/facebook-fact-checks/statements/2019/jul/22/viral-image/no-isnt-photo-aoc-crying-over-parking-lot/

Facebook and PolitiFact Are Protecting AOC from Criticism

When I posted a quick item last month about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez standing in front of a chain-link fence and weeping at an empty strip of pavement on the other side, I didn't think much of it. I just thought it was amusing that AOC posed for the cameras, got the publicity she wanted, and then was embarrassed when other photos taken at the scene revealed what she was actually looking at:

https://i.imgur.com/XLezIXV.png
https://i.imgur.com/OGOplpB.png

AOC wasn't looking at immigrants being abused. She wasn't looking at immigrants at all. And this was reflected in my headline: "AOC Weeps Over Empty Parking Lot." Then I forgot all about it for the better part of a month.

But as I told you yesterday, our good friends over at PolitiFact took issue with that assessment. Because, you see, it wasn't an empty parking lot at all. It was an empty road. Besides, from where AOC was standing, she could actually see some tents. Hundreds of yards away.

And so the pronouncement came from on high: FALSE.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/facebook-and-politifact-are-protecting-aoc-from-criticism/