PDA

View Full Version : New York Times Bigwig Doubts Franken & Biden Accusers, But Kavanaugh's Guilty!

jimnyc
07-27-2019, 12:10 PM
Franken is now making the rounds claiming he should never have resigned. And why not, he has the MSM out there on his side.

Kavanaugh was LIES and nothing ever proven or shown, and luckily justice prevailed in the end. That shit always happens with those SC nominees.

Now with Franken, there's a dang photo of him! He resigned, others demanded it, 8 women complained

The FUNNIEST part is, nidiots complaining and pointing things out from like 75 years ago, but nothing recent, not even current. :rolleyes:

Oh, did I mention hypocritical again?

--

New York Times Bigwig Doubts Franken & Biden Accusers, But Kavanaugh's Guilty!

Liberal journalist fervor for the #MeToo movement comes packed with caveats and reservations when the target is Democratic politicians -- but it’s open season on conservative figures.

Case in point: Former Washington bureau chief David Leonhardt’s Friday newsletter, which dealt with a New Yorker report by liberal journalist Jane Mayer -- a hypocritical defense of Al Franken, the former Saturday Night Live writer/comic turned Democratic senator for Minnesota, who resigned in disgrace in December 2017 after multiple allegations of sexual harassment, the most prominent from Leeann Tweeden, who had photographic evidence.

Did Al Franken’s fellow Senate Democrats judge him too quickly and harshly?

Jane Mayer has written a deeply reported piece in the current New Yorker arguing strongly (if implicitly) that the answer is yes. And the case against Franken -- for sexual harassment -- looks weaker once Mayer has finished examining it. Still, this isn’t an easy case to evaluate, and I encourage you to read the piece.

Leonhardt just comes out and says he finds a women accusing a man of harassment “not very credible.” Can one imagine a liberal journalist saying the same about Brett Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford?

Franken’s original accuser, Leeann Tweeden, is not very credible. She has told demonstrable falsehoods and as a conservative radio host and friend of Sean Hannity’s, she had a political motive for damaging Franken. This much is clear: Franken and Tweeden appeared in a ribald skit together, and Franken posed in an inappropriate picture referring to the skit. Many of the other things Tweeden has said about the tour, including her description of the skit, don’t seem to be true.

Franken had a pattern of touching women in ways that made them feel uncomfortable (such as kissing them on the mouth as a social greeting). Not all the allegations are clear cut. Taken together, though, they suggest that Franken behaved inappropriately.

The Senate shouldn’t have rushed to judgment....A hearing could have helped clarify whether his behavior was merely inappropriate or closer to predatory. Either way, he may have had to resign, because serving in Congress is a privilege not a right, but the complexities of his case would have come out much sooner.

Wherever you stand on his case, I think it is worth thinking through....

Rest - https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/clay-waters/2019/07/27/ny-times-former-bureau-chief-kavanaugh-accuser-credible-frankens

Russ
07-27-2019, 04:58 PM
How about a new law? Any politician or media correspondent displaying blatant or brazen hypocrisy more than 5 times is immediately removed from his or her job in politics or the media. I will graciously offer my even-handed and highly-respected judgement services as part of implementing the new law. It would make America even greater. :salute:

Elessar
07-27-2019, 05:19 PM
How about a new law? Any politician or media correspondent displaying blatant or brazen hypocrisy more than 5 times is immediately removed from his or her job in politics or the media. I will graciously offer my even-handed and highly-respected judgement services as part of implementing the new law. It would make America even greater. :salute:

I give them little credence. They are just ignorant bigmouths with a personal agenda.

Kathianne
07-27-2019, 05:55 PM
When Jezebel is contradicting the New Yorker, something is very hinky.

https://jezebel.com/the-new-yorker-seriously-mischaracterized-the-story-of-1836673266

Gunny
07-27-2019, 06:26 PM
Minus the "yeah, right :rolleyes:'s" ... Franken resigned. Kavanaugh had every opportunity to withdraw and he faced the storm. Make that "hurricane" of lies that were pretty amateurish for these nitwits calling themselves "professionals".

Tough shit. Next non-story ?