PDA

View Full Version : Gilroy Garlic Festival - ALL weapons of ANY kind banned

jimnyc
07-29-2019, 08:52 AM
Banned. Against the law/regulations in many cities. Close the loopholes, maybe even take guns away from legal gun owners. Make harsh rules like this in addition. There - and of issue - ban the guns and everyone will listen - even the criminals and those wanting to kill others, right? :laugh::rolleyes:

I truly don't get it. If you ban ALL weapons, maybe even make them illegal in some other places, and put up TONS of signs and make every last person aware of such rules and laws - then how in the world does something like this fail?

--

Gilroy Garlic Festival Prohibited ‘Weapons of Any Kind’

As gun-control advocates seize the Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting to justify even more gun control it should be noted that the festival prohibited “weapons of any kind.”

In other words, the festival had 100 percent gun control as far as it related to law-abiding citizens.

The festival was held in Christmas Hill Park where the possession of “pocketknives and weapons of any kind” are clearly prohibited. Moreover, a perusal of the city of Gilroy’s “Park Rules and Regulations” unambiguously states that “guns, slingshots, or fireworks” are prohibited.

The nation witnessed a similar gun-free zone shooting on May 31, 2019, in Virginia Beach. That gunman opened fire in the employee-portion of a city building, and employees were barred from bringing firearms to work. We saw the same thing in gun-free Parkland (February 14, 2018), gun-free Orlando Pulse (June 2016), the gun-free San Bernardino County Building (December 2, 2015), the gun-free DC Navy Yard (September 16, 2013), gun-free Sandy Hook Elementary (December 14, 2012), and the gun-free Aurora movie theater (July 20, 2012).

Democrat presidential hopeful Kamala Harris reacted to the Gilroy shooting by urging Americans not to tolerate a “gun violence epidemic.” And the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence responded to the Gilroy attack with a gun control push. Neither Harris nor CSGV referenced the stringent gun controls in California nor the garlic festival’s prohibition of “weapons of any kind.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/07/28/gilroy-garlic-festival-prohibited-weapons-of-any-kind/

STTAB
07-29-2019, 12:01 PM
Just another subject that the left doesn't care about facts on.

Gunny
07-29-2019, 02:23 PM
Okay. WHO has a freakin GARLIC festival? :laugh2: No weapons? Can you imagine what everyone's collective breath at a GARLIC festival is going to be like? Walk out of that place with all the hair singed off your face :laugh2:

No thanks :).

The gun argument looks the same as ever. The gun did it. Let's execute the gun.

Elessar
07-29-2019, 03:10 PM
Okay. WHO has a freakin GARLIC festival? :laugh2: No weapons? Can you imagine what everyone's collective breath at a GARLIC festival is going to be like? Walk out of that place with all the hair singed off your face :laugh2:

Gilroy has huge garlic farms. Just like around Stockton CA that has huge asparagus farms
and hold a festival annually.

Jumping Baby Jesus. I could not enter a courthouse in LA or Long Beach with my pocket knife.
One guard really eyeballed my P-38, though!:laugh:

STTAB
07-29-2019, 03:11 PM

You laugh Gunny, but I just now had to scold one of my AR15s I caught it planning on shooting someone. The .22 semi automatic Ruger right next to it, though he's a good boy, functionally the same fucking weapon but he doesn't have that scary black plastic so not as dangerous.