PDA

View Full Version : Sassy, Watch The Hiking!

Kathianne
07-29-2019, 01:06 PM
https://www.abc15.com/news/region-central-southern-az/tucson/girl-4-and-four-others-bitten-by-bobcat-at-arizona-campground-officials-say?fbclid=IwAR1QRs1nIfzpXew0s9nOLB_l_l1o89PaIXgRN aF22M7fE4Arz1aDH2C86w0

Girl, 4, and four others bitten by bobcat at Arizona campground, officials say
TUCSON — Five people, including a young child, were bitten by a bobcat at a Tucson-area campground over the weekend.

Arizona Game and Fish Department officials say the incident happened Sunday evening at the Mount Graham Shannon Campground area.

STTAB
07-29-2019, 01:12 PM
https://www.abc15.com/news/region-central-southern-az/tucson/girl-4-and-four-others-bitten-by-bobcat-at-arizona-campground-officials-say?fbclid=IwAR1QRs1nIfzpXew0s9nOLB_l_l1o89PaIXgRN aF22M7fE4Arz1aDH2C86w0

My wife loves to hike, a few weeks ago we were out hiking and something started tracking us. I never saw it, but you know how some times you can just feel eyes on you? Something was definitely out there watching us.

Most likely some hillbilly protecting his pot............

Kathianne
07-29-2019, 01:41 PM
My wife loves to hike, a few weeks ago we were out hiking and something started tracking us. I never saw it, but you know how some times you can just feel eyes on you? Something was definitely out there watching us.

More likely a drone.

STTAB
07-29-2019, 03:21 PM
More likely a drone.

Pretty wooded area for a drone. It was probably a deer the entire time lol

Elessar
07-29-2019, 03:27 PM

When I was able to hike around before my knees surrendered, I felt those eyeballs more
than once - but I was also a hunter. One time a chill went up my spine while hiking back from
fishing on the East Fork of the San Gabriel River. 15 yards to my left was a mountain lion under a scrub oak watching me.
I loosened my survival knife, made no eye contact and kept walking.

I was probably too big to attack, but who knows!:laugh:

SassyLady
07-30-2019, 05:52 AM
I don't have to go hiking Kath ...they have been in my yard. They jump the fence out front to get to fountain for water. That's one of the reasons we installed the 2 watering stations on outside of back fence.

So, just walking to mail box .... about .25 mile is hazardous. Thus, my 9mm goes with me.

Had 14 javalinas out back couple times this week. They are really stinky

CSM
07-30-2019, 05:57 AM
I don't have to go hiking Kath ...they have been in my yard. They jump the fence out front to get to fountain for water. That's one of the reasons we installed the 2 watering stations on outside of back fence.

So, just walking to mail box .... about .25 mile is hazardous. Thus, my 9mm goes with me.

Had 14 javalinas out back couple times this week. They are really stinky

Hunted javalina when I was out in West Texas. They ARE stinky!

Abbey Marie
07-30-2019, 07:01 AM
Meanwhile I just heard that coyotes were spotted in Southern New Hampshire. I thought they were just “out West” lol.
CSM is it true?

CSM
07-30-2019, 07:10 AM
Meanwhile I just heard that coyotes were spotted in Southern New Hampshire. I thought they were just “out West” lol.
CSM is it true?

Coyotes have been wandering around New England (including NH) for many decades now. We don't have large packs like out west... the most I have seen at one time is 4. They do seem to thrive in the semi-urban communities common in NH and other NE states. They do fill a niche once occupied by other predators.

Kathianne
07-30-2019, 07:21 AM
@CSM (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=36) is it true?

We had issues with coyotes for years in IL, before I moved here.

In many cases I think the environment has become cleaner, one of the reasons gray seals have returned in big numbers in New England, which in turn has the numbers of great white shark sightings up as well.

Elessar
07-30-2019, 08:10 AM
We had a small pack of coyotes at the airport and USCG Air Station for a couple of days.

I called the Sheriff's office to get them removed. Used to be the airport was not fenced,
so it was not unusual for deer to be on the runways. They had to be chased off by security
if a plane was landing or taking off.

Sighted a bobcat one morning....momma cat hunting ground squirrels for her kits.