PDA

View Full Version : Bam!

Gunny
07-30-2019, 02:15 PM
Right down on my right knee on the tile floor with all my weight. Did I mention I love my grandson :)

Yes it hurts and yes it left a mark. Nothing broken so I can't share any Jimbob "you were there" moments with you :)

Hard part's living with two crybaby, pussy males that it'll be a cold day in Hell before they see me whine about shit.

Kathianne
07-30-2019, 02:19 PM
Right down on my right knee on the tile floor with all my weight. Did I mention I love my grandson :)

Yes it hurts and yes it left a mark. Nothing broken so I can't share any Jimbob "you were there" moments with you :)

Hard part's living with two crybaby, pussy males that it'll be a cold day in Hell before they see me whine about shit.
Ouch! I said it for you!

STTAB
07-30-2019, 02:39 PM

I feel ya.

A few weeks ago I spilled hot bacon grease all over my left forearm. It was REALLY hot. Sizzled when it hit the skin, burned a hole almost right down to to vein. At one point I had no less than 30 blisters on my wrist. I put some burn spray on it wrapped it in gauze and went about my business. Aint no way one of my boys is going to hear stories about dad whining about a burn.

But yeah it fucking hurt. A LOT. The day after it happened I ran into town and went to the pharmacy to get gauze and such. The pharmacists looks at it and asks if I went to the doctor "no, why bother, charge me $300 and tell me to get some antibotics and gauze" he laughed and said "you're either stupid or tough"

I'm both LOL

Abbey Marie
07-30-2019, 02:41 PM

That is a video we’d all love to see!

Sorry Gunny. If you say it hurts, it’s probably bad.

icansayit
07-30-2019, 02:49 PM
I feel ya.

A few weeks ago I spilled hot bacon grease all over my left forearm. It was REALLY hot. Sizzled when it hit the skin, burned a hole almost right down to to vein. At one point I had no less than 30 blisters on my wrist. I put some burn spray on it wrapped it in gauze and went about my business. Aint no way one of my boys is going to hear stories about dad whining about a burn.

But yeah it fucking hurt. A LOT. The day after it happened I ran into town and went to the pharmacy to get gauze and such. The pharmacists looks at it and asks if I went to the doctor "no, why bother, charge me $300 and tell me to get some antibotics and gauze" he laughed and said "you're either stupid or tough"

I'm both LOL

Burns are the most dangerous....Infection generating kinds of wounds you can get. After my quadruple bypass...I had Sepsis form in my right leg...next to where they inserted the scope. The Infection kept me bedridden for a month, getting two shots a day, everyday. My upper Thigh looked like a Huge Baked Ham. If you develop any kind of infection like that. Get to the hospital. SCREW THE 300 bucks, unless that is all your life is worth.
NOT A JOKE with burns.

THIS IS FROM GOOGLE....."Seek immediate medical attention if you think your burn has become infected. An infection can usually be treated with antibiotics and painkilling medication, if necessary. In rare cases, an infected burn can cause blood poisoning (sepsis) or toxic shock syndrome. These serious conditions can be fatal if not treated."

STTAB
07-30-2019, 03:00 PM
Burns are the most dangerous....Infection generating kinds of wounds you can get. After my quadruple bypass...I had Sepsis form in my right leg...next to where they inserted the scope. The Infection kept me bedridden for a month, getting two shots a day, everyday. My upper Thigh looked like a Huge Baked Ham. If you develop any kind of infection like that. Get to the hospital. SCREW THE 300 bucks, unless that is all your life is worth.
NOT A JOKE with burns.

THIS IS FROM GOOGLE....."Seek immediate medical attention if you think your burn has become infected. An infection can usually be treated with antibiotics and painkilling medication, if necessary. In rare cases, an infected burn can cause blood poisoning (sepsis) or toxic shock syndrome. These serious conditions can be fatal if not treated."

I was already on a pretty strong antibiotic from a previous situation where my index finger on my right hand ballooned up to the size of a baby's forearm for no apparent reason.

As for pain killers, I don't take them often and when I get a prescription I hoard them. I had a tooth ace last year, dentist gave me a script for 20 oxy. I took 1, put the rest up. I had 19 in the bottle when this burn happened. First night it hurt like a motherfucker, I took 1 put the rest up and medicated with beer for about a week until it pretty much stopped hurting. My forearm is still fairly well discolored but it doesn't hurt at all any more.

Sorry Gunny didn't mean to derail your "I have a booboo" thread with stories of my own booboo LOL

Gunny
07-30-2019, 03:34 PM
That is a video we’d all love to see!

Sorry Gunny. If you say it hurts, it’s probably bad.If I had a video I'd post it. Nothing spectacular except my typical, male Marine reaction. I rolled my leg over to lift it and my shoe went right into the cat box. Now I got these high-dollar white high-tops and my first thought besides *THAT F-ING HURTS* was "hope I didn't get cat sh*t on my sneak" :laugh:

My granddaughter looked at me waiting for a whine or something and I just said, "Damn, that's going to leave a mark". Then beat feet as fast as I could hobble to my room :laugh:

I'm thinking no leg work with the weights tomorrow :)

Gunny
07-30-2019, 03:38 PM
I feel ya.

I'm both LOLI hate burns. I can deal with broken bones better. And I hear ya on the doc. I ain't sitting around at sick call for 3-4 hours so some yutz can tell me "nothing's broken. Here's some motrin. Give it plenty of rest".

I already have motrin and a cane and knee braces for all seasons. :)

Gunny
07-30-2019, 03:39 PM
I was already on a pretty strong antibiotic from a previous situation where my index finger on my right hand ballooned up to the size of a baby's forearm for no apparent reason.

As for pain killers, I don't take them often and when I get a prescription I hoard them. I had a tooth ace last year, dentist gave me a script for 20 oxy. I took 1, put the rest up. I had 19 in the bottle when this burn happened. First night it hurt like a motherfucker, I took 1 put the rest up and medicated with beer for about a week until it pretty much stopped hurting. My forearm is still fairly well discolored but it doesn't hurt at all any more.

Sorry Gunny didn't mean to derail your "I have a booboo" thread with stories of my own booboo LOLEh. We all get them. Wish I had some good pics like Jimbob :rolleyes: :laugh:

Gunny
07-30-2019, 03:52 PM
NOT A JOKE with burns.

Now that I actually know what happened to me for the most part, I had what is called an empyema. In English, that's a cyst on the lung. They ran a tube through my back and into my lung and for lack of a better way to explain it, my lung was on dialysis. The tube in the back meant complete immobilization; hence, the couldn't walk part. I had to take antibiotics for 3 months AFTER I left the hospital.

SO, I hear ya. Infection is ZERO fun and what really pisses me off about it is there is NOTHING you can do about it (once you have it). You HAVE to go to the doc.

Elessar
07-30-2019, 04:11 PM
I empathize with the knee thing.

I twisted my bad one 3 days ago and had to go light on stooping and bending.
Shoe tread got caught in the damn carpet when I pivoted on my toes instead of my
heel as I had been taught.

Half of the cartilage has been removed from that one. It aches constantly.

jimnyc
07-30-2019, 04:33 PM
That sucks, feel better, bro! And just in case, speed racer.... https://i.imgur.com/73Sp955.gif

Gunny
08-01-2019, 12:09 PM
Well, I've put off "legs" long enough (day and a half :laugh:). If I'm right back, no one will need to ask if it worked :laugh:

If I'm not, I'll either be doing some half-ass squats and cleans, or laying under the bar on the floor :)

jimnyc
08-02-2019, 08:09 AM
Here's Gunny's screwed up knee! texted it to me sometime yesterday, so I could proceed to laugh at him! Ok, I didn't do that, just chatted.

Looks to be good n swelled and bruised in at least 4 spots I can see, hence the swelling. But the tendons, muscles, that's the internal crap of the knee that takes the worst of it!

Get it looked at man!! Even when not swelled and bruised, easier to screw up our knees and bones!! Just a fact of life. :(

https://i.imgur.com/D9C0mYZl.jpg

Kathianne
08-02-2019, 08:16 AM
I screwed up with my first 'help.'

"Dammit! Ouch! Dammit! Oh hell!"

SassyLady
08-02-2019, 09:32 PM
Gunny ... I fell on knee in 2014 and had surgery in 2015. Doc said knee replacement in 5-7 years. Knees are better now than 5 years ago. When it feels a little wonky around knee I get Traumeel injection. $20.00 and typically lasts couple months.

Traumeel® Injection Solution is an anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anti-edematous, anti-exudative combination formulation of 12 botanical ingredients, 1 mineral substance and 1 animal derived substance. Traumeel® Injection Solution is officially classified as a homeopathic combination drug.

Botanical ingredients:
Arnica montana. radix (Mountain arnica), Calendula officinalis (Marigold), Hamamelis virginina (Witch hazel), Millefolium (Milfoil), Belladonna (Deadly nightshade), Aconitum napellus (Monkshood), Chamomilla (Chamomile), Symphytum officinale (Comfrey), Bellis perennis (Daisy), Echinacea (Narrow-leaf coneflower), Echinacea purpurea (Purple coneflower), Hypericum perforatum (St. John's Wort)

Elessar
08-02-2019, 10:35 PM
Gunny ... I fell on knee in 2014 and had surgery in 2015. Doc said knee replacement in 5-7 years. Knees are better now than 5 years ago. When it feels a little wonky around knee I get Traumeel injection. $20.00 and typically lasts couple months.

Traumeel® Injection Solution is an anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anti-edematous, anti-exudative combination formulation of 12 botanical ingredients, 1 mineral substance and 1 animal derived substance. Traumeel® Injection Solution is officially classified as a homeopathic combination drug.

Botanical ingredients:
Arnica montana. radix (Mountain arnica), Calendula officinalis (Marigold), Hamamelis virginina (Witch hazel), Millefolium (Milfoil), Belladonna (Deadly nightshade), Aconitum napellus (Monkshood), Chamomilla (Chamomile), Symphytum officinale (Comfrey), Bellis perennis (Daisy), Echinacea (Narrow-leaf coneflower), Echinacea purpurea (Purple coneflower), Hypericum perforatum (St. John's Wort)

I hated those injections!

Elessar
08-02-2019, 10:38 PM
Here's Gunny's screwed up knee! texted it to me sometime yesterday, so I could proceed to laugh at him! Ok, I didn't do that, just chatted.

Looks to be good n swelled and bruised in at least 4 spots I can see, hence the swelling. But the tendons, muscles, that's the internal crap of the knee that takes the worst of it!

Get it looked at man!! Even when not swelled and bruised, easier to screw up our knees and bones!! Just a fact of life. :(

https://i.imgur.com/D9C0mYZl.jpg

Have the kneecap x-rayed.

I found out in second surgery that mine was once broken.

SassyLady
08-02-2019, 10:42 PM
I hated those injections!

You've done Traumeel? They work great for me.

NP who gives mine is so good there's no discomfort from the shot at all.

Gunny
08-03-2019, 01:23 PM

https://i.imgur.com/D9C0mYZl.jpgCan always count on you :slap::laugh:

I was referring to the swelling. That scab is the only visible damage. The rest of those "spots" are scars. That knee for some reason is and always has been a damage magnet, not counting using it for a weapon back in the martial arts days. Mostly Marine and sports damage.

But I feel better. Now I too have a creepy, damaged body part pic on the board Just like Jimbob :) Not as many, but WTH:laugh: