PDA

View Full Version : Spider Reality

jimnyc
07-31-2019, 02:15 PM
See, it happens, the fuckers sneak in and take over your home! Then if you so much as even get near them, they hiss, show their fangs and challenge you! Hell no to me too!!

‘BURN IT WITH FIRE’ Terrified woman finds massive huntsman spider the size of a SAUCEPAN stalking her living room

A TERRIFIED woman has told how she returned home to find an enormous huntsman spider the size of a saucepan in her living room.

Laree Clarke found the spider lurking on her ceiling in Townsville, Australia, and turned to social media in a plea for help.

https://i.imgur.com/2B9nU1s.png

She begged other Facebook users: "Is there anyone that could remove this from my house?? I don’t have a container that big!"

Laree added: "When I went near it with the phone light it came at me raising it fangs and legs. Hell nahhhh!"

One fellow arachnophobe suggested: "It's probably easier to burn your house down at this point."

Another urged her to "kill it with fire" whole a third said: "Just burn the house down and run."

And one jokingly suggested she should ask the colossal spider to "pay rent".

Laree later updated her post saying the spider was removed safely and released.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9623588/massive-huntsman-spider-size-of-saucepan/

Elessar
07-31-2019, 06:39 PM
For all of you spider fans, I read several years back that with the exception of the polar regions
and high altitude mountains (think Everest, Denali, or Mt Shasta), you are rarely more than 10
feet from a spider. Good thing I have an alert cat!:laugh:

I had one drop on the back of my neck in the Command Center at USCG Humboldt Bay.
What a very strange sensation.

Gunny
07-31-2019, 07:01 PM
See, it happens, the fuckers sneak in and take over your home! Then if you so much as even get near them, they hiss, show their fangs and challenge you! Hell no to me too!!

‘BURN IT WITH FIRE’ Terrified woman finds massive huntsman spider the size of a SAUCEPAN stalking her living room

A TERRIFIED woman has told how she returned home to find an enormous huntsman spider the size of a saucepan in her living room.

Laree Clarke found the spider lurking on her ceiling in Townsville, Australia, and turned to social media in a plea for help.

https://i.imgur.com/2B9nU1s.png

She begged other Facebook users: "Is there anyone that could remove this from my house?? I don’t have a container that big!"

Laree added: "When I went near it with the phone light it came at me raising it fangs and legs. Hell nahhhh!"

One fellow arachnophobe suggested: "It's probably easier to burn your house down at this point."

Another urged her to "kill it with fire" whole a third said: "Just burn the house down and run."

And one jokingly suggested she should ask the colossal spider to "pay rent".

Laree later updated her post saying the spider was removed safely and released.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9623588/massive-huntsman-spider-size-of-saucepan/Okay. You find an enormous bug terrorizing your house so what to do? Jump on social media and plead for help? :rolleyes: THEN I read the response :laugh:

The only thing that keeps people like this alive is leftwingnut society.

Elessar
07-31-2019, 08:11 PM
Okay. You find an enormous bug terrorizing your house so what to do? Jump on social media and plead for help? :rolleyes: THEN I read the response :laugh:

The only thing that keeps people like this alive is leftwingnut society.

Dustpan, whisk broom, garbage bag. What is so difficult about that?

Why jump on social media? That to me is helplessness and a lack of
plain old common sense!

Gunny
07-31-2019, 09:07 PM

plain old common sense!Spider's pretty big. I have a sword AND one of these :angryman:

CSM
08-01-2019, 05:57 AM
"See, it happens, the fuckers sneak in and take over your home! Then if you so much as even get near them, they hiss, show their fangs and challenge you!"

That's what happens when you get married! Oh, you were talking about the spiders.... never mind.....

Abbey Marie
08-01-2019, 06:58 AM
I don’t know how anyone lives in Australia. It is full of the most dangerous species of all kind- on land and in the water.

SassyLady
08-02-2019, 11:43 PM

plain old common sense!

The only bug that makes me scream involuntarily are giant cockroaches. Anything else I can dispatch with vigor. These give me heebie jeebies. BTW ... I keep mag loaded with snake shot but i think shooting that spider would necessitate calling out carpenter to repair ceiling. So, big shoe or flyswatter it is.

SassyLady
08-02-2019, 11:49 PM
"See, it happens, the fuckers sneak in and take over your home! Then if you so much as even get near them, they hiss, show their fangs and challenge you!"

That's what happens when you get married! Oh, you were talking about the spiders.... never mind.....
:rofl1:

Gunny
08-03-2019, 02:01 PM
The only bug that makes me scream involuntarily are giant cockroaches. Anything else I can dispatch with vigor. These give me heebie jeebies. BTW ... I keep mag loaded with snake shot but i think shooting that spider would necessitate calling out carpenter to repair ceiling. So, big shoe or flyswatter it is.

12164If I still lived out in the desert I'd have just shot it. Nobody cared. We had a severe shortage of lefties (they couldn't survive there) in the Hi Desert in 29 Palms but no shortage of spiders n snakes n coyotes. :)

High_Plains_Drifter
08-03-2019, 07:26 PM
I wonder how the hell something that huge got in her house? She must have some major problems with cracks and crevices. Can't tell me that thing slipped in the door beside her undetected while she was coming or going.

I have a broom with that things name on it.