PDA

View Full Version : Report: Executives From NBC, Comcast Favor Democrat Rep. Kamala Harris

Gunny
07-31-2019, 09:20 PM
A new report is drawing questions about the first round of Democrat primary debates. A recent article (https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/business/joseph-vazquez/2019/07/29/12-nbccomcast-execs-funded-harris-campaign-debate) published by MRC NewsBustes suggests NBC, which hosted the debates, favored one candidate in particular. That candidate was California Senator Kamala Harris.
Going back to the first event in June, debate moderators allegedly gave Harris more time to speak than her competitors and even broke some rules to do so. The article cites a moment when Harris was allowed to give a speech, where she targeted one of her biggest competitors.
“You also worked with them to oppose bussing …and you know, there was a little girl in California who was part of a second class to integrate her public schools, and she was bussed to school every day…and that little girl was me,” she stated while looking in the direction of opponent Joe Biden.
That particular moment, which became the highlight of the debates, was technically not allowed to have happened.According to official debate rules, no opening statements are allowed. Additionally, candidates may have 60 seconds to answer questions and 30 seconds to respond to follow-ups. However, her remarks was not in response to a question nor was it a follow-up. Instead, it was an outburst that interrupted another candidate who was giving a response. Instances like this happened multiple times that evening.
According to recently released data by the Federal Election Commission, Harris also received financial support from NBC Universal and its parent company Comcast. At least 12 executives from both companies donated to her campaign in the months leading up to the debate. Three of those donors help over see NBC, while two donors from Comcast are in charge of the company’s political advertising sales. This has raised concerns of a possible conflict of interest and even network collusion.
https://www.oann.com/report-executives-from-nbc-comcast-favor-democrat-rep-kamala-harris/

Go figure. She is probably the most articulate of the bunch, even if what she articulates is stupid lies and propaganda. And who gives a rats ass if she was bussed anyway? It was to her benefit at the time. It's not like she was white and bussed to a ghetto like I was.

These Dems are all such damned phonies.

Kathianne
07-31-2019, 09:46 PM
https://www.oann.com/report-executives-from-nbc-comcast-favor-democrat-rep-kamala-harris/

Go figure. She is probably the most articulate of the bunch, even if what she articulates is stupid lies and propaganda. And who gives a rats ass if she was bussed anyway? It was to her benefit at the time. It's not like she was white and bussed to a ghetto like I was.

I think that was true at the beginning of tonight:

Then Biden told people to search: "Kamala 1000 prisoners" and seriously hit her on her term as AG in CA:

Top hit: https://www.thedailybeast.com/kamala-harris-ag-office-tried-to-keep-inmates-locked-up-for-cheap-labor

‘PROGRESSIVE PROSECUTOR?’
Kamala Harris’ A.G. Office Tried to Keep Inmates Locked Up for Cheap Labor
Lawyers for California also argued that allowing certain inmates to be paroled early would deplete a program that allowed prisons to fight wildfires.

Jackie Kucinich
Washington Bureau Chief
Updated 02.11.19 10:24PM ET / Published 02.11.19 10:20AM ET

Ordered to reduce the population of California’s overcrowded prisons, lawyers from then-California Attorney General Kamala Harris’ office made the case that some non-violent offenders needed to stay incarcerated or else the prison system would lose a source of cheap labor.

In 2011, the Supreme Court ruled in Brown v. Plata that California’s prisons were so overcrowded that they violated the Constitution’s prohibition of cruel and unusual punishment. Three years later, in early 2014, the state was ordered to allow non-violent, second time offenders who have served half of their sentence to be eligible for parole.

By September 2014, plaintiffs in the class-action lawsuit were back in court, accusing California of slow-walking the process, which lawyers for Harris’ office denied.

According to court filings, lawyers for the state said California met benchmarks, and argued that if certain potential parolees were given a faster track out of prison, it would negatively affect the prison’s labor programs, including one that allowed certain inmates to fight California’s wildfires for about $2 a day.

“Extending 2-for-1 credits to all minimum custody inmates at this time would severely impact fire camp participation—a dangerous outcome while California is in the middle of a difficult fire season and severe drought,” lawyers for Harris wrote in the filing, noting that the fire camp program required physical fitness in addition to a level of clearance that allowed the felon to be offsite.

Not only that, they noted, draining the prisons of “minimum custody inmates” would deplete the labor force both internally and in local communities where low-level, non-violent offenders worked for pennies on the dollar collecting trash and tending to city parks. A federal three-judge panel ordered both sides to confer about the plaintiffs’ demands, and the state agreed to extend the 2-for-1 credits to all eligible minimum security prisoners.

Towards the end of the debate, Gabbard hit her record even harder. This Gabbard lady, she is one to watch, just not quite ready yet. Good on CNN, you can watch it here: https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/08/01/tulsi-gabbard-kamala-harris-prosecutions-record-cnn-democratic-debate-vpx.cnn

Gunny
07-31-2019, 09:53 PM
Obviously it did little to slow down her career.

Kathianne
07-31-2019, 09:59 PM
Obviously it did little to slow down her career.

Too early to tell, they just finished about 10 minutes ago. Next debate, September.

Biden did better than the last debate.

DeBlasio got some boos when introduced. LOL!

Yang will give us all $1000 per month! Free stuff!

I actually liked last night better, other than Gabbard from Hawaii.

Abbey Marie
08-01-2019, 08:06 AM
I believe my original prediction here was Warren is unelectable, and keep your eyes on Harris. But I surely never thought Trump would get the nomination, either. We shall see...

Kathianne
08-01-2019, 08:13 AM
I believe my original prediction here was Warren is unelectable, and keep your eyes on Harris. But I surely never thought Trump would get the nomination, either. We shall see...

I enjoyed watching Biden and Gabbard focus attention on Harris's performance as AG and the hypocrisy that she is now spewing. It was refreshing.

Still have hope for Marianne! :smoke: :laugh2:

Kathianne
08-01-2019, 08:25 AM
There's truth in the following, Obama came off as the biggest loser last night:

http://datechguyblog.com/

the Bottom line From Yesterday’s Debate They KNEW Obama & Obamacare sucked
There was one constant from yesterday’s Democrat debate. Joe Biden was under constant attack for a really horrible crime in the eyes of his opponents.

It seems that according to the Democrats on the stage that Barack Obama, who is the greatest president who ever lived and is above even the slightest criticism, apparently make a bunch of very bad decisions during his eight years of office,.

And all of these bad decisions from Obamacare, which every single democrat on that stage (with the possible exception of Yang) thought was the greatest bit of legislation ever passed, to his handling the border and putting kids in cages, which again nobody on the stage had the slightest problem with before, was NOT the fault of Barack Obama, the first black president and the greatest president who ever lived according to those on stage, but instead can be laid at the feet of Joe Biden as a white male who was unable to convince the president to do all of those things differently.

In other words “The Obama years sucked and the electorate knows it but we can’t say that because he’was the 1st black president so we’re going to blame it on you Joe”

That’s pretty much it.

Posted on August 1, 2019 by Datechguy

Abbey Marie
08-01-2019, 08:27 AM
I enjoyed watching Biden and Gabbard focus attention on Harris's performance as AG and the hypocrisy that she is now spewing. It was refreshing.

Still have hope for Marianne! :smoke: :laugh2:

Kathianne
08-01-2019, 08:28 AM

She keeps me amused! I was wishing she was on last night, needed some laughs.

Kathianne
08-01-2019, 08:30 AM
Abbey, note source, but other than that, 100% spot on! LOL!

https://babylonbee.com/news/marianne-williamson-not-sure-what-shes-doing-onstage-with-all-these-crazy-people

Marianne Williamson Not Sure What She's Doing Up Here With All These Crazy People
July 31st, 2019

DETROIT, MI—Presidential candidate Marianne Williamson reported Tuesday that she was not sure what she was doing up on stage with "all these crazy people" after CNN's first Democratic debate.

Williamson pointed out that between a guy who praised the Soviet Union, a woman who pretended to be Native American to get ahead in life, and a woman who beats her staffers with a wooden spoon, she was clearly the adult during the debate.

"I mean, these guys are really far out there," Williamson said with a concerned look on her face as she smelled a crystal to calm her down. "It was pretty obvious I didn't belong up there. Man, where did the Democrats find such nutcases?"

"I'm starting to worry the crazy might rub off on me," she added. "I need to purge myself of the negative energy we just witnessed up there. Does anyone have a goat, a knife, and some candles?"

Abbey Marie
08-01-2019, 08:32 AM
She keeps me amused! I was wishing she was on last night, needed some laughs.

I might watch a little tonight, at least until I get disgusted.

Between Williamson and Warren, it’s kind of embarrassing to be a woman right now.

Kathianne
08-01-2019, 08:37 AM
I might watch a little tonight, at least until I get disgusted.

Between Williamson and Warren, it’s kind of embarrassing to be a woman right now.

You missed 'em, at least until September. Tuesday and last night. :(

It's not easy to watch, it's like a compulsion.

Abbey Marie
08-01-2019, 08:41 AM
You missed 'em, at least until September. Tuesday and last night. :(

It's not easy to watch, it's like a compulsion.

Probably just as well. I don’t need more blood pressure meds...

:coffee:

Kathianne
08-01-2019, 08:43 AM
Probably just as well. I don’t need more blood pressure meds...

:coffee:

I think my BP goes up more listening to conservative infighting. With the Dems, it's more a :rolleyes: and :laugh2: fest!

High_Plains_Drifter
08-01-2019, 08:46 AM
I didn't watch either debate, and I'm not watching the talking heads giving their analysis of them either. Democrats have nothing to say that I want to hear, and it would be a cold day in hell before I'd ever vote for one so, there's no point in listening to a bunch of radical leftists spew their free, free, free, commie, open borders, America is bad and we're the only ones that can fix it BS.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-01-2019, 08:56 AM
I didn't watch either debate, and I'm not watching the talking heads giving their analysis of them either. Democrats have nothing to say that I want to hear, and it would be a cold day in hell before I'd ever vote for one so, there's no point in listening to a bunch of radical leftists spew their free, free, free, commie, open borders, America is bad and we're the only ones that can fix it BS.

Bravo, well said, Very much how I feel about it too.
Dem party== a sorry-ass, dimwitted, cowardly collection of like minded traitors... --Tyr

Abbey Marie
08-01-2019, 09:52 AM
On the other hand, it’s good to know your enemy...

STTAB
08-01-2019, 09:55 AM

She wasn't bussed Gunny, that' a fucking lie. She went to school in CA in the 1970s , CA was well integrated by that point , bussing was no longer an issue there. I should know I went to school in CA in the 1970s.

I know it's hard to imagine Kamala lying for political gain right? LOL

Gunny
08-01-2019, 11:25 AM
Too early to tell, they just finished about 10 minutes ago. Next debate, September.

Biden did better than the last debate.

DeBlasio got some boos when introduced. LOL!

Yang will give us all $1000 per month! Free stuff!

I actually liked last night better, other than Gabbard from Hawaii.My point is she's still occupying a seat in the Senate. Had a Republican done the same? He/she would be hanging from the nearest tree.

Gunny
08-01-2019, 11:29 AM
She wasn't bussed Gunny, that' a fucking lie. She went to school in CA in the 1970s , CA was well integrated by that point , bussing was no longer an issue there. I should know I went to school in CA in the 1970s.

I know it's hard to imagine Kamala lying for political gain right? LOLI wasn't going to say that because I wasn't sure and wasn't into looking it up. I went to school in CA in the 60s-70s and was never bussed.

We got bussed in FL and it was as much bad luck for us as anything. All us USAF brats got bussed from base to Goulds (one of THE ghetto burbs of S. Miami). Why we didn't go to redneck-ass Homestead beats me since we were predominantly white kids. Probably just a way to throw US Gov't dollars at a lost cause. Goulds is STILL a dump.

Kathianne
08-01-2019, 11:29 AM
My point is she's still occupying a seat in the Senate. Had a Republican done the same? He/she would be hanging from the nearest tree.
I'm missing something in the conversation, I don't know what you are addressing.

Gunny
08-01-2019, 11:35 AM
I'm missing something in the conversation, I don't know what you are addressing.You pointed out unethical conduct by Harris that would have any of us mere mortals sued and/or facing criminal prosecution.

I countered with even with that knowledge, shes still got a job in the US Senate and is running for the Dem nomination for Prez. Democrats aren't prosecuted for crimes nor are they held against them. Remember their LAST Presidential candidate? She should be in prison and they STILL voted for her.

Meaning: I'm not looking for anything like "merely the law" to hamper any Dems. They're only guilty of anything if they buck the Dem lock step system.

Kathianne
08-01-2019, 11:39 AM
You pointed out unethical conduct by Harris that would have any of us mere mortals sued and/or facing criminal prosecution.

I countered with even with that knowledge, shes still got a job in the US Senate and is running for the Dem nomination for Prez. Democrats aren't prosecuted for crimes nor are they held against them. Remember their LAST Presidential candidate? She should be in prison and they STILL voted for her.

Meaning: I'm not looking for anything like "merely the law" to hamper any Dems. They're only guilty of anything if they buck the Dem lock step system.

Unethical doesn't necessarily mean criminal prosecution. Look at what the Senate just passed. She got much out of the indentured servants.

STTAB
08-01-2019, 11:47 AM
You pointed out unethical conduct by Harris that would have any of us mere mortals sued and/or facing criminal prosecution.

Yep I figure it's only a matter of time before one of the more moderate Democrats is accused of being an "agent of Russia" or of being a rapist, or whatever.

Gunny
08-01-2019, 11:52 AM
Unethical doesn't necessarily mean criminal prosecution. Look at what the Senate just passed. She got much out of the indentured servants.Point is, especially having served in the military and been subject to the CinC's whims, someone with as little regard for the lives of others as Harris shouldn't be in charge of any.

And I guess I need to apoligize for thinking any rational, "normal" human being from our society should think the same. That is abuse of power/authority to me. I'd have lost rank for doing such in the Corps.

Kathianne
08-01-2019, 11:56 AM
Point is, especially having served in the military and been subject to the CinC's whims, someone with as little regard for the lives of others as Harris shouldn't be in charge of any.

And I guess I need to apoligize for thinking any rational, "normal" human being from our society should think the same. That is abuse of power/authority to me. I'd have lost rank for doing such in the Corps.

She served in the military? I never saw that, she doesn't put that out there.

Kathianne
08-01-2019, 11:57 AM
Point is, especially having served in the military and been subject to the CinC's whims, someone with as little regard for the lives of others as Harris shouldn't be in charge of any.

Hey, all those workers were more likely dems, probably better off trying some work.

Gunny
08-01-2019, 11:59 AM
She served in the military? I never saw that, she doesn't put that out there.I served in the military. I need my Jimbob emo for this: :buttkick:

:)

Kathianne
08-01-2019, 12:00 PM
I served in the military. I need my Jimbob emo for this:

:)

Ok, my bad. She is a jerk from all I've heard and seen. I was glad she got knocked down a bit. :buttkick:

Gunny
08-01-2019, 12:04 PM
Ok, my bad. She is a jerk from all I've heard and seen. I was glad she got knocked down a bit. :buttkick:I figured that out listening to her try and grill Kavanaugh. IMO, she failed miserably. She sounded smart and used a lot of big words and said nothing. Appears to be her entire game.

STTAB
08-01-2019, 01:15 PM
I figured that out listening to her try and grill Kavanaugh. IMO, she failed miserably. She sounded smart and used a lot of big words and said nothing. Appears to be her entire game.

That could describe quite a few of the candidates. Book smart street stupid.

When you add dishonest and power hungry to the mix you get a Democrat.